Wuhan Virus Update

26 Mar 2020 13:57 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
100 rolls, but are they mega rolls?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2020 14:08 #12 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Wuhan Virus Update
They are quite a variety. I have several remote sites that I take care of and was worried that they would get raided so I gathered up all of the supplies. I've also got enough Lysol to disinfect South Carolina, about 200 N95 masks, paper towels for days, Windex and all kinds of other crap that is taking up room in my garage now.

26 Mar 2020 14:59 #13 by ramage
Windex, my most fond memory of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Now that you "triggered" (can I, use that word, never mind I just did) my memory, I am going to search for the movie and watch it again if it is available.

26 Mar 2020 15:54 #14 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Wuhan Virus Update

Pony Soldier wrote: They are quite a variety. I have several remote sites that I take care of and was worried that they would get raided so I gathered up all of the supplies. I've also got enough Lysol to disinfect South Carolina, about 200 N95 masks, paper towels for days, Windex and all kinds of other crap that is taking up room in my garage now.

Perhaps you could donate some of that "crap" to the first responders, or maybe hospitals, instead of hoarding it.

26 Mar 2020 16:24 #15 by ramage
Pony Soldier's donation would be an atom compared to the 95 million masks that the SEIU found in their warehouse. They have now passed them on to the states.

26 Mar 2020 16:39 #16 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Pony Soldier's donation would be an atom compared to the 95 million masks that the SEIU found in their warehouse. They have now passed them on to the states.

He could take them to a local hospital or urgent care. They need them immediately. Hoarding does nobody any good.

26 Mar 2020 17:09 #17 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Wuhan Virus Update

koobookie wrote:

ramage wrote: Pony Soldier's donation would be an atom compared to the 95 million masks that the SEIU found in their warehouse. They have now passed them on to the states.

He could take them to a local hospital or urgent care. They need them immediately. Hoarding does nobody any good.

They are not the masks they they will accept anyway. These are the 3M dust masks that are not medical approved. Not to mention they belong to the company I work for, not me.

26 Mar 2020 17:19 - 26 Mar 2020 17:20 #18 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: They are not the masks they they will accept anyway. These are the 3M dust masks that are not medical approved. Not to mention they belong to the company I work for, not me.

Really? You said they were in your garage. You said they were N95 masks.

I've also got enough Lysol to disinfect South Carolina, about 200 N95 masks, paper towels for days, Windex and all kinds of other crap that is taking up room in my garage now.

Whatever.

26 Mar 2020 17:24 #19 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update

ramage wrote: Windex, my most fond memory of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Now that you "triggered" (can I, use that word, never mind I just did) my memory, I am going to search for the movie and watch it again if it is available.

26 Mar 2020 17:32 #20 by ramage
Thank you HA. I saw the snippet but do not know how to post it. Can you instruct me?

On another note:

Ferguson warned that an uncontrolled spread of the virus could cause as many as 510,000 deaths in Britain and up to 2.2 million deaths in the U.S. According to the New York Times, “it wasn’t so much the numbers themselves [that caused policymakers to act]. . .as who reported them: Imperial College London.”

Now, Ferguson and the Imperial College London have new numbers for Great Britain. According to this report, Ferguson says the number of deaths in Britain is unlikely to exceed 20,000 and could be much lower. And according to this source, more than half of those who die from the virus would likely have died by the end of the year in any case because they were so old and sick.

The average number of deaths from the flu in Britain each year is 17,000.

Neil Ferguson of Imperial College London is an epidemiologist.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds