Wuhan Virus Update

03 Apr 2020 05:08 #71 by Pony Soldier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2020 09:39 #72 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wuhan Virus Update
Policy change. Before they wanted to save the masks for health professionals, so they told/lied and said the masks won't help the uninfected. Now they want people to wear masks, scarves, anything they can use to mitigate the person to person spread of Coronavirus.
I was shopping yesterday and I would say about 60% of people were wearing masks in one form or another. Good news. Bad news? Some idiots were still staying much too close to others.
And a pet peeve of mine, you don't need to take the whole family shopping. At our house, we are only sending out one person at a time. Less people, less contact.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Apr 2020 12:22 #73 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
dailymail.co.uk 4/3/20

"Malaria drug hydroxychloroquine is the most effective coronavirus treatment currently available, finds international poll of 6,000 doctors"

Interesting article.
A little inside baseball: most of the doctors and nurses dealing with Wuhan virus are taking it porphylactically . Which is the manner of use when traveling in areas where malaria is endemic.

05 Apr 2020 12:56 #75 by FredHayek
I read that Bill Gates is currently making seven different vaccines to defeat Coronavirus. The version that does the best in the field trials will keep being produced and the others will be disposed of.
I hope this helps to tighten the timeframe for vaccine introduction.

Good news? Governor Cuomo says CV deaths declined this week. Hopefully this is just not a blip and NYC is over the hill on deaths and infections.

06 Apr 2020 10:53 #76 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wuhan Virus Update

FredHayek wrote:
Good news? Governor Cuomo says CV deaths declined this week. Hopefully this is just not a blip and NYC is over the hill on deaths and infections.

It's amazing how much the market moves with this day by day info.. up 1166 right now. If there's a spike in deaths this week it will probably dump again. If I wasn't holding my capital for a new business I'd be buying stocks right now because I really think by this time next year the DOW will be back to around 27k. I was about to put my house on the market until this crap hit, now I'm holding off for a year.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2020 11:32 #77 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update
It's going to be ''sideways' for a very long time.....bi polar on 'roids......look at vix and OTHER indicators....Dow is extremely data sensitive....uncertainty is NOT what it likes....April 17th NEW
economic data will be released....

06 Apr 2020 14:24 #78 by FredHayek
British PM Boris Johnson has been moved to an ICU. Both him and his partner have Covid 19.
Boris is a good example for those who support the shutdown. At first, Britain tried to go on business as usual, quarantine up the very vulnerable early but that wasn't working well, so they did eventually have to shut down the economy. One of the issues of locking up the aged is that we are finding out that so many carriers of CV are asymptomatic. So the young people taking care of our elders are still passing the disease on. I am worried about that with my father. He is in senior living now and most of the staff he sees try to keep things clean but they are going home at night or during the day and coming into contact with possible carriers.

06 Apr 2020 15:01 #79 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
Fred,
Relative to your comment "So the young people taking care of our elders are still passing the disease on.". I went to the 2 Conifer grocery stores this AM at 7:15AM (This was the senior's hour at King Sooper's, regular customers at Safeway as their senior's hour is on Tues and Thurs) At KS, there was a line, respectful of distancing and only allowing a set amount of customers in, i.e. once one patron left another was allowed to enter. Many of the customers had their oxygen and some walkers, evidently a compromised population, wearing masks for the most part. The employees filling the shelves, most millennials, were not wearing masks. Most were from down the hill where they interact with many more people. I cannot think of a better Petri dish. I doubt that the senior's hour is any different at Safeway on Tues and Thurs.) The lady allowing customers in was very polite, when asked if this limited admittance was not in effect for the entire day, she replied that the afternoons are sparsely populated and there is no need. I would urge seniors that comprising medical problems to go the store in those hours. Perhaps the store might have a distribution area set aside for seniors with a supply of the items, albeit few but necessary, for seniors. I do not think that anyone would be insulted by showing ID, unless of course you are voting.

07 Apr 2020 07:36 #80 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update

FredHayek wrote: British PM Boris Johnson has been moved to an ICU. Both him and his partner have Covid 19.
Boris is a good example for those who support the shutdown. At first, Britain tried to go on business as usual, quarantine up the very vulnerable early but that wasn't working well, so they did eventually have to shut down the economy. One of the issues of locking up the aged is that we are finding out that so many carriers of CV are asymptomatic. So the young people taking care of our elders are still passing the disease on. I am worried about that with my father. He is in senior living now and most of the staff he sees try to keep things clean but they are going home at night or during the day and coming into contact with possible carriers.

THAT is the tuff part..both of my parents are dead,but I wonder if I could have had the strength to bring them to my home to live,that was the paradigm decades ago,extended families under one roof....your concerns are the VERY reason I have a dnr/dni and molst in place...let me
go when it is my lime to leave. Sorry for your situation (many families are in the same quagmire)

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds