Wuhan Virus Update

09 Apr 2020 09:08 #91 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wuhan Virus Update

Pony Soldier wrote: I was reading somewhere that heart attacks have dropped by significant percentages in areas that have had high virus numbers. Are heart attacks that would have happened otherwise being attributed to the virus?

I do wonder if the extended break from work, or the office has helped to lower heart attacks.
My wife has MS, and she does better when her stress levels are down. Then again, stress for some people has shot through the roof. Being stuck home in a tiny apartment with roommates or too many family members., worrying if you will still have a job when this is all over would be traumatic.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2020 14:21 #92 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
As Dr. Birx stated in the daily briefing, any death with corona virus is logged as corona virus being the proximate cause of death. Taking this, ad absurdum, an individual with a fever, chills, non-productive cough is on his way to the hospital to get the results of his test for Covid-19. An auto accident ensues and he is pronounced dead. His test is found to be positive for CV-19. He is listed as a Coronavirus death.

10 Apr 2020 08:03 #93 by ramage
Another Unintended Consequence:

Lack of clarity in state’s health care order leaves some dentists fearful of losing licenses
April 10, 2020 By Scott Weiser

"On March 26 Comfort Dental Group (CDG) received a threatening letter from Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser claiming that the state had “credible and significantly alarming reports that several, and perhaps many, Comfort Dental franchises in Colorado have this week been treating patients by providing voluntary or elective surgeries or procedures, in direct violation of Executive Order D 2020 009.”
That order prohibited all medical providers from performing “elective or voluntary surgeries or procedures” until at least April 14.

“From these reports, it is apparent that various Comfort Dental franchises have been failing to restrict their practice to emergency or life-saving needs but instead are continuing to engage in elective dental procedures, as well as not ensuring proper social distancing,” says the letter.

No specific evidence of any violation was provided in the letter, and no complainants were identified."

For me, my family, and most people I know, Dentistry is primarily a Preventive discipline. Catching a potential problem, "while in the chair" is much more preferable than presenting in the ER with an abscess.

The article is worth 5 minutes.

10 Apr 2020 08:54 #94 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update
THIS does not surprise me....I did not find the dental chain (many moons ago) to be top
notch or even average.

10 Apr 2020 09:10 #95 by ramage
Graphic depiction of the Covid-19 estimated deaths to other diseases in the U.S.

It’s difficult to grasp the projected deaths from Covid-19. Here’s how they compare to other causes of death
By SHARON BEGLEY @sxbegle and HYACINTH EMPINADO @sayhitohyacinth
Attachments:

10 Apr 2020 09:37 #96 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Another Unintended Consequence:

Lack of clarity in state’s health care order leaves some dentists fearful of losing licenses
April 10, 2020 By Scott Weiser

"On March 26 Comfort Dental Group (CDG) received a threatening letter from Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser claiming that the state had “credible and significantly alarming reports that several, and perhaps many, Comfort Dental franchises in Colorado have this week been treating patients by providing voluntary or elective surgeries or procedures, in direct violation of Executive Order D 2020 009.”
That order prohibited all medical providers from performing “elective or voluntary surgeries or procedures” until at least April 14.

“From these reports, it is apparent that various Comfort Dental franchises have been failing to restrict their practice to emergency or life-saving needs but instead are continuing to engage in elective dental procedures, as well as not ensuring proper social distancing,” says the letter.

No specific evidence of any violation was provided in the letter, and no complainants were identified."

For me, my family, and most people I know, Dentistry is primarily a Preventive discipline. Catching a potential problem, "while in the chair" is much more preferable than presenting in the ER with an abscess.

The article is worth 5 minutes.

I think the real reason they don't want dentists doing elective is to conserve the supplies of masks and other PPE. Once the supply chains are full again, governors should allow it. Dentists have been on the front lines of safety since the AID's crisis.

11 Apr 2020 16:25 #97 by ramage
Who is WHO’s director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus?
When the term of World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Dr. Margaret Chan, a Chinese citizen, ended in 2017, the regime of Chinese supreme leader Xi Jinping pushed hard for Ethiopian microbiologist Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus as her successor.

“When you look at Tedros, Beijing really campaigned for him because they realized they weren’t going to get two in a row,” said Gordon G. Chang, author of “The Coming Collapse of China” (2001).

Tedros, who holds a doctorate in community health, is also the first non-physician director of the WHO. Richardson noted that “he rose through the ranks as a member of Ethiopia’s ruling Tigray People’s Liberation Front, serving as the leftist government’s minister of health, then foreign affairs.”

16 Apr 2020 09:42 #98 by ramage
wsj.com 4/16/20

"Meanwhile out east, Kenneth Crowe reports this week in the Albany Times-Union:

The bodies of five elderly people who died alone at home recently went undiscovered for five days or more as social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic may have led to them going unnoticed, authorities said Monday.
This was the first time over the last 14 years that Rensselaer County death investigators have seen so many unattended deaths with such a gap between when the deceased were last seen and their bodies discovered, said Mary Fran Wachunas, the county director of public health.
“There’s so much isolation now. Sometimes there’s too much isolation,” Wachunas said"

I was tempted to call this an unintended consequence, but in that the CDC has revised death certificates, a good case can be made to list these deaths as due to Covid-19. Think about it, the isolation orders in NY are due to Covid-19 ergo their deaths.

16 Apr 2020 10:02 #99 by FredHayek
China has closed and reopened to varying degrees since January. Maybe we shouldn't make their same mistakes and reopen too soon. Do we have it in ourselves to lay low for another month?

New topic: after months of Twitter censoring any posts that said China might have released this virus from a Wuhan lab, they are now permitting it. And CNN is speculating this might be the cause. Makes some sense, wet markets have been in China for centuries without this occurring before. I really wish China would help humanity by revealing all they know about the virus origin and the actual numbers on deaths and infection rates.

16 Apr 2020 10:26 #100 by ramage

Even though Pelosi deleted this video from her account, the Internet lives on forever.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds