Wuhan Virus Update

23 Apr 2020 06:52 - 28 Apr 2020 13:40 #111 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
A sobering projection:
scmp.com 4/22/20
Flattening the curve won’t lead to coronavirus turning point, study finds
www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/...ng-point-study-finds
Projections by Chinese-US team indicate South Korea and New Zealand are among the best in the global crisis at balancing economics with disease controls
China has been effective in suppressing the epidemic quickly but the strategy comes at too high a cost, researchers say
Stephen Chen
Stephen Chen in Beijing
Published: 10:00pm, 22 Apr, 2020

First article that I have seen that suggests the value of a human life needs to be determined

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2020 07:10 - 23 Apr 2020 07:41 #112 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update
As I understand it....it is mutating into several different strains......just discovering that fact....so,
AGAIN...you ain't seen nothing yet. May,June July are monster months of misery...watch what
happens. Trends(transits) are strong and long time frames....get in,buckle up and hold on tight,
the ride is a bucking bronco.JMO

www.marketwatch.com/story/its-going-to-b..._section_top_stories

Cuban considers the future....NO sugarcoating....it is going to suck for couple years.

23 Apr 2020 13:22 #113 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wuhan Virus Update
The press doesn't write feel good pieces. They have been preaching doom and gloom ever since newspapers were first printed. That is going to naturally influence your thinking after a steady dose.
Instead look at the good news, hundreds of millions have risen above subsistence poverty. Even poor households in America have cable television, air conditioning, and big screen TV's. Malnutrition these days is more about eating the wrong things than starvation.
The number of college graduates are rising. And America will recover from Covid-19 too.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Apr 2020 15:30 - 24 Apr 2020 14:29 #114 by homeagain
NOPE.....actually my "head" is always ahead of the sheeple.....it is called being pro-active and
forward thinking.....I have a VERY comfortable view of the next couple of years....as I have stated before "the proverbial brick thru the window" was expected...reality is quite abit different from the
king's coloring of the future....HE NEEDS U to believe it's going away soon...his throne is DEPENDENT on that....Cuban is a smartass,BUT he is based in reality......his billions did NOT
come from his dear old dad.......If Cuban states it is going to suck....THEN IT IS GOING TO SUCK
TAKE THAT IN AND DEAL WITH IT.

FYI PONY SOLDIER.........

28 Apr 2020 13:28 #115 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Wuhan Virus Update
pbs.twimg.com/media/EWnsgp_VcAEJf1Z?format=png&name=small

UChicago Medicine doctors see 'truly remarkable' success using ventilator alternatives to treat COVID-19

28 Apr 2020 16:32 #116 by homeagain
??????? I"m sorry.....this does not compute....land of lakes butter?

28 Apr 2020 20:01 #117 by Pony Soldier

13 May 2020 06:37 #118 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
A good unintended consequence:

Manafort, 71, left FCI Loretto in central Pennsylvania in the early morning hours, according to ABC News, citing two sources familiar with the matter.The longtime GOP strategist had not been due to leave prison until November 2024 but will now serve the rest of his 7½-year sentence in home confinement, the network said.

13 May 2020 11:54 #119 by homeagain

ramage wrote: A sobering projection:
scmp.com 4/22/20
Flattening the curve won’t lead to coronavirus turning point, study finds
www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/...ng-point-study-finds
Projections by Chinese-US team indicate South Korea and New Zealand are among the best in the global crisis at balancing economics with disease controls
China has been effective in suppressing the epidemic quickly but the strategy comes at too high a cost, researchers say
Stephen Chen
Stephen Chen in Beijing
Published: 10:00pm, 22 Apr, 2020

First article that I have seen that suggests the value of a human life needs to be determined

Laurie Garrett....Pulitzer Prize author, on foreign policy board...VERY CREDENTIALED female......here is her quick
take on this virus....(the interview was longer than the clip....try to review the FULL interview....it is eye opening
3YEARS AT BEST.....WILL COME IN WAVES AND SPORATIC STARTUPS....NOT A TSUNAMI THO

www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/laurie-garrett...est-case-83301445548

13 May 2020 13:27 #120 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wuhan Virus Update
Three years? By that time, people worldwide will just start to shrug and move on with their lives. They are not going to spend those years in lockdown. They want to go back to having big weddings, seeing their grandparents, go to their graduations. Start telling jokes around the watercooler again. 

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds