RESTART and resurgence will be the result.....

13 Apr 2020 07:44 - 13 Apr 2020 08:01 #1 by homeagain
www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-up...-coronavirus-infecti

NO, May is NOT the month to start up the economy.....one of Japan's city TRIED THAT.....result? RESURGENCE of virus. We have the template to understand the problem....the king WILL NOT heed the historical value of this....MAY JUNE JULY will be tuff months...watch what happens....

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-...utdowns?srnd=premium

Per Kashkari 18months of rolling shutdowns.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2020 18:25 #2 by Pony Soldier
Ridiculous! We need to start up NOW! People will revolt soon. They can't pay their rent or mortgages and one little government check won't do anything bu put it off for a bit. What do you do when you can't feed your kids? This is stupidity!The mortality rate doesn't justify this!

14 Apr 2020 09:30 #3 by homeagain
IF the king had ALL of the pieces of the puzzle in place (or even 3/4)....testing almost completed
and results back for MOST OF THE NATION, PPE in place for ALL,a comprehensive game plan
that could give US AMERICANS a sense of ok.we can do this NOW...I'm still uncertain,BUT I see
the need......THAT IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.....what U R going to get, IF the king blows out
the barriers, is complete chaos....more than wha we have now.

14 Apr 2020 11:20 #4 by FredHayek
If the vaccine won't be here for 18 to 24 months, we will need to open the economy back up way before that. I don't like this month for Colorado, but I am hoping mid to late May will work.
By then we will hopefully have the PPE and ventilators to handle the increased numbers. Face it, most of us will eventually get Covid-19. It is more a question of how long the economy and the population will tolerate a shutdown. I am starting to see groups revolting around the world.
The bullcrap, "if it saves one life, isn't it worth it" isn't reasonable. If one hundred people lose their jobs and homes to save that one life, was it worth it?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Apr 2020 12:00 #5 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: If the vaccine won't be here for 18 to 24 months, we will need to open the economy back up way before that. I don't like this month for Colorado, but I am hoping mid to late May will work.
By then we will hopefully have the PPE and ventilators to handle the increased numbers. Face it, most of us will eventually get Covid-19. It is more a question of how long the economy and the population will tolerate a shutdown. I am starting to see groups revolting around the world.
The bullcrap, "if it saves one life, isn't it worth it" isn't reasonable. If one hundred people lose their jobs and homes to save that one life, was it worth it?

Would you sacrifice your daughter, son, spouse or grandparent for the economy, Fred?

14 Apr 2020 12:14 - 14 Apr 2020 12:15 #6 by ramage
Would you sacrifice your daughter, son, spouse or grandparent for the economy, Fred? said Koobookie.

I would because they will be taking HCQ/AZ/Zinc.

14 Apr 2020 12:27 #7 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Would you sacrifice your daughter, son, spouse or grandparent for the economy, Fred? said Koobookie.

I would because they will be taking HCQ/AZ/Zinc.

I'm sure you understand the point of my post. It's easy to be cavalier about other lives when yours is not in danger. Fred seems to think that it's okay for people to die from this virus, as long as benefits him economically. If people that are close to him that died from the virus, I'm quite certain he would change his tune.

14 Apr 2020 17:05 #8 by ramage
Let me be sure I am understanding you. I am cavalier because you do not like my answer to your question. You know Fred's mind better than he does.
Your post is all histrionics, I am waiting for the "it would be worth it if it saves one life". or "Let's do it for the children", arguments.
Please tell me why I should be concerned that my family would be in danger if taking the appropriate drug regimen, I suppose you are alluding to the fact that they will not be in danger because of the drug protocol.

14 Apr 2020 17:14 #9 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Let me be sure I am understanding you. I am cavalier because you do not like my answer to your question. You know Fred's mind better than he does.
Your post is all histrionics, I am waiting for the "it would be worth it if it saves one life". or "Let's do it for the children", arguments.
Please tell me why I should be concerned that my family would be in danger if taking the appropriate drug regimen, I suppose you are alluding to the fact that they will not be in danger because of the drug protocol.

This is not about the "appropriate drug."

From Fred's post, it's obvious that he is concerned about the economy during this crisis. What I took from his post, when he wrote "The bullcrap, "if it saves one life, isn't it worth it" isn't reasonable. If one hundred people lose their jobs and homes to save that one life, was it worth it?" is that he values the economy over the lives of people. Is there another way to interpret what he wrote?

14 Apr 2020 18:25 #10 by Pony Soldier
He's right to be more concerned about the economy. There will be more death on a mass worldwide scale if we don't start it back up. Starving people will do some pretty bad things. You can climb down out of your ivory tower and join the starving masses if we keep this economy shut down.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds