RESTART and resurgence will be the result.....

25 Apr 2020 12:00 #51 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: WELL NOW....we have ourselves a test specimen...GEORGIA is going all out...literally.....let
see what happens next....give it till Memorial Day weekend....may be they will be lucky, maybe NOT...we'll see.....the answer SOON.

And President Trump is saying that might not be a good thing. Wow, HA and Trump are in agreement on something!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2020 09:22 #52 by ramage
from nypost.com 4/28/20

I’ve worked the coronavirus front line — and I say it’s time to start opening up
By Daniel G. Murphy April 27, 2020 | 7:02pm | Updated
Enlarge Image
I’ve worked the coronavirus front line — and I say it’s time to start opening up.

"I’m an emergency physician at St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx. I have been in the ER every day these last few weeks, either supervising or providing direct care. I contracted a COVID-19 infection very early in the outbreak, as did two of my daughters, one of whom is a nurse. We are all well, thank God.
It is precisely what I have witnessed that now tells me that it’s time to ease the lockdown. Here’s why."

A very cogent argument, including something that is not being reported, i.e. patients are not coming into the hospital for non-civid-19 care. The drop in visits is alarming.
It is worth reding.

28 Apr 2020 10:25 #53 by homeagain

ramage wrote: from nypost.com 4/28/20

I’ve worked the coronavirus front line — and I say it’s time to start opening up
By Daniel G. Murphy April 27, 2020 | 7:02pm | Updated
Enlarge Image
I’ve worked the coronavirus front line — and I say it’s time to start opening up.

"I’m an emergency physician at St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx. I have been in the ER every day these last few weeks, either supervising or providing direct care. I contracted a COVID-19 infection very early in the outbreak, as did two of my daughters, one of whom is a nurse. We are all well, thank God.
It is precisely what I have witnessed that now tells me that it’s time to ease the lockdown. Here’s why."

A very cogent argument, including something that is not being reported, i.e. patients are not coming into the hospital for non-civid-19 care. The drop in visits is alarming.
It is worth reding.

[/b]

THAT (bolded) has been reported for awhile now....our community Hospital is having financial
difficulties because of it..even I WON'T go for an x-ray of my back, I have been practicing
stay at home,but for my chirop. and M.T.

10 May 2020 06:30 #54 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-up...-coronavirus-infecti

NO, May is NOT the month to start up the economy.....one of Japan's city TRIED THAT.....result? RESURGENCE of virus. We have the template to understand the problem....the king WILL NOT heed the historical value of this....MAY JUNE JULY will be tuff months...watch what happens....

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-...utdowns?srnd=premium

Per Kashkari 18months of rolling shutdowns.......

www.reuters.com/article/us-health-corona...ebound-idUSKBN22M028

2nd wave winds it's way forward.......NO, the king is NOT paying attention......South Korea did EVERYTHING RIGHT,AFTER
THEY UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS NEEDED....DRACONIAN DECLARATIONS.....and NOW, they are STILL s.o.l. because
the virus is virtually hell bent on having it's way......''the virus dictates the timeline"......NOT THE KING......watch what happens......MAY,JUNE,JULY....malevolent months of mis steps

10 May 2020 16:42 #55 by FredHayek
A Castle Rock restaurant was open for Mother's Day today and they were packed! No 25% nor 50% capacity, they filled the joint, even more than last year's Mother's Day brunch. I think I am still not ready to do that. But I would like to see a movie in a mostly empty theater or grabbing a lunch at a quiet hole in the wall diner. 

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 May 2020 18:46 #56 by ramage
It is starting.  Denver will soon realize that people can go across the street and dine and drink in  Douglas county, they are going to vote with their feet.  Here in Bailey, you can socialize and imbibe at the local brewery in the Sunday afternoon sun. This is not just in Colorado, In Florida, up the coast from Miami, people are on the beaches, in the restaurants and bars.  The MSM  does not show that, wonder why?
    My  significant other (how's that for being politically correct)  and I are in the Baby Boomer Generation, but we do not want to see the future of our grandchildren sacrificed for us.
    If one does not  feel unsafe venturing out, don't do it, but do not impose those  fears on us,   

10 May 2020 21:35 - 10 May 2020 21:43 #57 by ScienceChic
There are certainly some activities that are lower risk and fine to restart (like golfing in small groups), but we're nowhere near ready to pack into places like that scene today in the Colorado Springs establishment.

Relaxing All Social Distancing Behaviors Now Is a Huge Mistake
The consequences of our actions in May won’t be felt until June
Andy Slavitt, Medium | May 2, 2020

Some of those things people want to do are safe if done the right way. Some of them are not. And many people will not stop being careful just because they can. Many unsafe things are legal. In Minnesota you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet but many people don’t.Opening up and loosening restrictions will provide some economic opportunity, but for the economy to really move, we would need people to buy cars, get on planes, and start spending money. That’s just not going to happen but let me get back to that.The 30 days will be blissful because people won’t pay the price for May’s experiment until June. But if people believe we are opening during a time when the curve is flat, they are wrong.

Seoul officials ordered all bars and nightclubs closed after as many as 40 new COVID-19 cases were linked to them
Connor Perret, Business Insider | May 9, 2020

The city of Seoul, South Korea, on Saturday ordered all bars and nightclubs in the city shut down indefinitely just three days after people in the city were told to begin "a new daily life with Covid-19."

According to a report from The New York Times, the closure comes after a 29-year-old man tested positive for COVID-19  on Wednesday after he visited three nightclubs in the Itaewon area in the city last weekend. As of Saturday, officials said they were tracking down more than 7,000 people who had visited five nightclubs in the region, according to the report.

"Just because of a few people's carelessness, all our efforts so far can go to waste," Seoul Mayor Park
Won Soon said at a press conference Saturday.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 May 2020 07:50 #58 by ramage
Craig Symons, commenting on the Slavin article which you reference:

Having shut down the economy and confined people in their homes for almost two months what do we have to show for it? Over 30 million people are unemployed, the national debt has been increased by $3 trillion, drug overdoses and alcohol addiction are skyrocketing, retirement accounts have been wiped out, and lets not forget the impact on our children’s education, and yet as you point out, in some places infections are skyrocketing. What do we do? Shut everything down for another two months?

11 May 2020 08:19 #59 by ramage
aspenbeat.com  Glenn Beaton 5/8/20

Michael Levitt, a Stanford biology professor who won the Nobel Prize and knows considerably more about medicine than a typical journo, stated, “There is no doubt in my mind that when we come to look back on this, the damage done by the lockdown will exceed any saving of lives by a huge factor.”By the way, here’s a dog-that-didn’t-bark piece of evidence. Why aren’t vagrants – er, I mean the housing impaired – dropping like flies? And what are the implications of that in managing the disease for the rest of us?

11 May 2020 10:10 #60 by homeagain
Here's the problem..... the PATHETIC lack of skill set OF THE KING......HIS INABILITY TO CORRELATE,COMMAND,AND
PERFORM his responsibilities to this nation.   The numbers of DEAD CORPSES are a direct result of his dysfunctional and delusional mentality......we have the HIGHEST NUMBER OF CASES IN THE WORLD...what does that say to U?   THE
KING has this on HIS HEAD.....testing,testing,testing,PPE,PPE,PPE,PPE........and just for a minute....entertain the idea that we REALLY do not have a good count of the homeless.....SO HOW COULD WE TALLY/KNOW THE NUMBER OF HOMELESS THAT HAVE THE VIRUS.?

THIS fubar is the FINAL nail in the coffin.....the king WILL BE DETHRONED......watch what happens....he will attempt
to DELAY the Nov. election,but in the end he is DONE.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds