RESTART and resurgence will be the result.....

15 Apr 2020 10:26 #21 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: Which is why he classified them "essential services."

Which family member are you willing to sacrifice for the economy, Fred?

I am not, I am being a good quarantine boy. But other Americans will resist the lockdown. Golf is returning to the links on June 14th. Wrestling was allowed to restart in Florida. Mixed Martial Arts is renting out a private island so they can continue matches.

Apparently, you're fine sacrificing other lives for the economy, rather than your own family.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2020 12:20 #22 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

I am not, I am being a good quarantine boy. But other Americans will resist the lockdown. Golf is returning to the links on June 14th. Wrestling was allowed to restart in Florida. Mixed Martial Arts is renting out a private island so they can continue matches.

Apparently, you're fine sacrificing other lives for the economy, rather than your own family.

Life is not as black and white as you think it is. If you have a town of 1000 people, and 500 are out of work. If 100 will get CV if your town reopens and four die, but people can go back to work, do you open up the town, or do you let people lose their small businesses, their jobs, their homes.

And what if three out of those four people were going to die anyway in six months? Would you still leave everyone locked down?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2020 14:59 #23 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Life is not as black and white as you think it is. If you have a town of 1000 people, and 500 are out of work. If 100 will get CV if your town reopens and four die, but people can go back to work, do you open up the town, or do you let people lose their small businesses, their jobs, their homes.

And what if three out of those four people were going to die anyway in six months? Would you still leave everyone locked down?

If one of those four that contracted covid, due to re-opening the economy too early, was your daughter, would you still be so cavalier about people being able to go back to work?

15 Apr 2020 17:42 #24 by Pony Soldier
It doesn't have a 4% mortality rate so stupid argument.

16 Apr 2020 05:27 #25 by Pony Soldier

Pony Soldier wrote: He's right to be more concerned about the economy. There will be more death on a mass worldwide scale if we don't start it back up. Starving people will do some pretty bad things. You can climb down out of your ivory tower and join the starving masses if we keep this economy shut down.

It’s starting. There are now armed protests going on. This is about to get ugly. Hope you all stay safe. Even the willfully blind of you.

16 Apr 2020 07:04 #26 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: If the vaccine won't be here for 18 to 24 months, we will need to open the economy back up way before that. I don't like this month for Colorado, but I am hoping mid to late May will work.
By then we will hopefully have the PPE and ventilators to handle the increased numbers. Face it, most of us will eventually get Covid-19. It is more a question of how long the economy and the population will tolerate a shutdown. I am starting to see groups revolting around the world.
The bullcrap, "if it saves one life, isn't it worth it" isn't reasonable. If one hundred people lose their jobs and homes to save that one life, was it worth it?

Would you sacrifice your daughter, son, spouse or grandparent for the economy, Fred?

Could I perhaps offer up my mother in law?

16 Apr 2020 07:07 #27 by homeagain
Now THAT is classic comedic line......:highfive:

16 Apr 2020 10:09 #28 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

If one of those four that contracted covid, due to re-opening the economy too early, was your daughter, would you still be so cavalier about people being able to go back to work?

If I knew she only had six months to live in extreme pain even if she hadn't got Covid-19?

Actually my position is evolving on this. I saw that China keeps opening and shutting down their economy, so maybe the US can crank out one more month of sitting on the couch. I do wish Speaker Pelosi was back in DC right now helping to pass more aid packages, especially small business loans/grants. Instead she is back in San Francisco eating her $13 gourmet ice cream and getting Botox injections. Speaker Marie Antoinette?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Apr 2020 10:45 #29 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Actually my position is evolving on this. I saw that China keeps opening and shutting down their economy, so maybe the US can crank out one more month of sitting on the couch. I do wish Speaker Pelosi was back in DC right now helping to pass more aid packages, especially small business loans/grants. Instead she is back in San Francisco eating her $13 gourmet ice cream and getting Botox injections. Speaker Marie Antoinette?

I am glad that your position is not fixed.

However, your denigration of Pelosi is incredibly juvenile. You do know that Republicans, and their leadership, are also on recess? What are they doing to pass more aid packages? Do you know for a fact that Congressional leaders are not speaking with each other to come up with a plan? What about Mitch and his colleagues? Are they doing anything? Are they working with the House to come up with something?

Your attempt to lay the blame on the doorstep of only the Democrats is so Trumpian.

16 Apr 2020 10:49 #30 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: .

Your attempt to lay the blame on the doorstep of only the Democrats is so Trumpian.

Orange man bad.
Glad to see you found your sense of humor.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds