RESTART and resurgence will be the result.....

16 Apr 2020 13:12 #31 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Actually my position is evolving on this. I saw that China keeps opening and shutting down their economy, so maybe the US can crank out one more month of sitting on the couch. I do wish Speaker Pelosi was back in DC right now helping to pass more aid packages, especially small business loans/grants. Instead she is back in San Francisco eating her $13 gourmet ice cream and getting Botox injections. Speaker Marie Antoinette?

I am glad that your position is not fixed.

However, your denigration of Pelosi is incredibly juvenile. You do know that Republicans, and their leadership, are also on recess? What are they doing to pass more aid packages? Do you know for a fact that Congressional leaders are not speaking with each other to come up with a plan? What about Mitch and his colleagues? Are they doing anything? Are they working with the House to come up with something?

Your attempt to lay the blame on the doorstep of only the Democrats is so Trumpian.

Nancy is the one who has the power to close the House right now. And she did. I can't believe with millions of Americans out of work, she posed in front of a $10,000 refrigerator. She really is Marie Antoinette. Or she is senile and not realizing how bad that interview looked to unemployed Americans.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2020 13:23 #32 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Actually my position is evolving on this. I saw that China keeps opening and shutting down their economy, so maybe the US can crank out one more month of sitting on the couch. I do wish Speaker Pelosi was back in DC right now helping to pass more aid packages, especially small business loans/grants. Instead she is back in San Francisco eating her $13 gourmet ice cream and getting Botox injections. Speaker Marie Antoinette?

However, your denigration of Pelosi is incredibly juvenile. You do know that Republicans, and their leadership, are also on recess? What are they doing to pass more aid packages? Do you know for a fact that Congressional leaders are not speaking with each other to come up with a plan? What about Mitch and his colleagues? Are they doing anything? Are they working with the House to come up with something?

Your attempt to lay the blame on the doorstep of only the Democrats is so Trumpian.

Nancy is the one who has the power to close the House right now. And she did. I can't believe with millions of Americans out of work, she posed in front of a $10,000 refrigerator. She really is Marie Antoinette. Or she is senile and not realizing how bad that interview looked to unemployed Americans.

What has Mitch done? Oh, that's right, the Senate is also on recess!

Seriously, do you think nothing is being done, that they aren't communicating with other members of the House and Senate to determine what should next be done? You think they are on vacation?

16 Apr 2020 15:03 #33 by koobookie
Here's what Congress did today:

www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-a...-BB12KiRS?li=BBnb7Kz

A fight over hundreds of billions in small business funding will carry into next week after the Senate adjourned for the week on Thursday without an agreement.

The Senate held a brief "pro forma" session on Thursday - which are constitutionally mandated absent a larger adjournment agreement.

But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) did not try for a second time to pass a new $250 billion for the small business program - a request that would have been blocked by Democrats absent a deal on the funding package, which has not yet been reached.

Republicans want to pass a stand-alone bill that would include $250 billion in additional money for the Paycheck Protection Program. Democrats want to add in $100 billion for hospitals, $150 billion for states and a boost in food assistance funding.

16 Apr 2020 16:17 #34 by ramage
Koobookie, I find myself in agreement with you. McConnell deserves every bit as much blame as Pelosi. If someone can explain the rationale for both bodies of the Legislature to be on "vacation" at this time, please enlighten me. They should be in their respective chambers debating legislation concerning the pandemic in front of the American people. Not as you allude to having private discussions among themselves and finding photo opportunities to show off one's $10,000 worth of freezers and the enclosed specialty ice creams. At least Pelosi didn't say "Let them eat cake."

16 Apr 2020 16:49 #35 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Koobookie, I find myself in agreement with you. McConnell deserves every bit as much blame as Pelosi. If someone can explain the rationale for both bodies of the Legislature to be on "vacation" at this time, please enlighten me. They should be in their respective chambers debating legislation concerning the pandemic in front of the American people. Not as you allude to having private discussions among themselves and finding photo opportunities to show off one's $10,000 worth of freezers and the enclosed specialty ice creams. At least Pelosi didn't say "Let them eat cake."

I'm glad we agree on something. Thousands and millions of Americans have found a way to work from home, video conferencing, remote work, etc. I am sure that Congress is doing the same thing. I heard on NPR yesterday that Congress is trying to determine if it is legal for them to vote remotely. I would be all for that temporary suspension of their rules.

Oh, and it was Ivanka that said "Let them eat cake."

16 Apr 2020 17:15 #36 by Blazer Bob

Yea?
Your mother wears army boots. :highfive:

16 Apr 2020 17:26 #37 by Pony Soldier

Blazer Bob wrote:

Yea?
Your mother wears army boots. :highfive:

I need a source!! If there’s no source, it didn’t happen!!!

16 Apr 2020 18:06 #38 by ramage
22+ million have lost their jobs. I am glad that thousands have found a way to work form home.
As to "your mother wears army boots", take this for what its worth
This term started when a U.S. SGT. supplied his troops with prostitutes. They would be seen coming out of the men's tents wearing parts of their military uniforms such as boots. So, saying your mother wears army boots is saying your mother is a prostitute. Another interesting fact... The SGT's name was Hooker. That is where the title Hooker for prostitute came in.

17 Apr 2020 09:00 #39 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote:

What has Mitch done? Oh, that's right, the Senate is also on recess!

Seriously, do you think nothing is being done, that they aren't communicating with other members of the House and Senate to determine what should next be done? You think they are on vacation?

You are probably correct. Her staff is still working with Republicans. They probably found it easier to negotiate when Nancy is home sipping single malts out of her sippy cup.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2020 09:28 #40 by ramage
Fred,
Please distinguish between malted milk and single malt scotch.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds