INDUSTRY updates

13 Apr 2021 14:45 #271 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic INDUSTRY updates
HA,
You were one of the loud naysayers regarding the vaccine. As I recall you did not think that enough testing had been done and you weren't going to be vaccinated until there was more data. Then, correct me if I am wrong, your DH convinced you to be vaccinated and you were quite happy that you got the single shot J&J vaccine.
No one forced you or did your DH flash his Kimber? Stand by your man rather than stand by your principles.
On a more scientific note, in that the 6 women affected were all of child bearing age it would be worth knowing whether any or all were on birth control pills. There is a causal relationship between BCP's and the risk of developing blood clots or DVT's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FredHayek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2021 16:52 #272 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic INDUSTRY updates
GIVEN THE FACT that the percentage affected is minuscule,given the fact that I am 5 WEEKS INTO THE
CURVE,given the fact that I am 74...I did my research after the announcement.....the symptoms R
appearing within several days to 2, 3 weeks....I AM NOT HAPPY about the scenario, I am looking into the far
future...several years down the road. THERE IS NO DATA COLLECTION THAT FAROUT.

THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY pushes mamos for most women, colonoscopies, unnecessary tests,so my
reluctance to adhere to the "established" protocol is STRONG.

As for your comment about my husband....U R so-o-o hilarious I giggled,HE would tell U I do NOT adhere
to what he says...a running joke between us. His nickname for me is "SHE who asks many questions",
because I am that anal, and do NOT accept "a standard response" (blow off).:P

13 Apr 2021 16:58 #273 by ramage
Excuse me, I do not have the inclination to track down you postings but please correct me if I am wrong.
You stated that the reason you received the vaccine (J&J in your case) was because your DH wanted you to have it.
If I am incorrect what changed your attitude towards accepting the vaccine?

13 Apr 2021 17:04 #274 by ramage
Back to the science. 6 cases, over 1 million doses administered. With your demographics, (caveat: your medical history) the odds of you having a blood clot due to the vaccine are greater than your winning the lottery. You have received the vaccine, might as well but a lottery ticket.

13 Apr 2021 17:06 #275 by homeagain
JUST AS I SUGGESTED EARLIER...DOSING MAY BE A PROBLEM

www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/04/hard-cho...ing-disorder-becomes

14 Apr 2021 06:53 #276 by homeagain
graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS/...gvbglkrpq/index.html

GREAT GRAPH.....good detailed info for comparisons.

14 Apr 2021 09:02 #277 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic INDUSTRY updates
Overreaction?
They are suspending the Johnson and Johnson vaccine for the time being Fauci announced this week. It appears their have been a few deaths related to blood clots, like six deaths after six million doses were given.
Luckily the experts say there are enough other vaccines out there that the vaccination rate shouldn't go down.

Personally if someone told me there was a million to one chance I would die, I would be okay with that and take the vaccine. Supposedly you are twice as likely to die from a lightening strike as the J&J vaccine.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Apr 2021 09:15 - 14 Apr 2021 09:15 #278 by ramage
Overreaction? Most definitely.

Per the wsj.com 4/14/21: 6 cases, 1 death, 6.8 million doses administered.

"This particular brain blood clot is extremely rare in the general population—five individuals per million per year".

Of interest is that all 6 patients are female (?),
I put a question mark because the adverse incident reporting form lists for sex: Male/Female/Other.

It is reported that some of them were taking birth control pills. Age Range 18-48

Perhaps only Males and Others should receive the J&J vaccine while the investigation is ongoing.

14 Apr 2021 09:16 #279 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic INDUSTRY updates
Great idea. Let men and female seniors still receive the J&J vaccine.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2021 07:40 #280 by homeagain
www.marketwatch.com/story/blood-clots-as...as-report-2021-04-15

The need for extensive data/research is void.....NOT enough time has transpired for a comprehensive
look at after effects....NOT saying the vac. should have been delayed, just saying we will find MORE
factors,as time goes by.

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds