INDUSTRY updates

10 Mar 2021 11:15 #211 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic INDUSTRY updates
I'd be interested to see where you got the 1% figure since it isn't true. There has been a steady increase in the death rate for a few years and we it 0.89% in 2020. It increased at a slightly lower rate than it did in 2019.

www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2021 13:00 #212 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic INDUSTRY updates
Biden's 1.9 trillion in spending will include one billion in advertising to convince Americans that the new vaccines are safe. Vaccine "confidence" spending.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Mar 2021 13:14 #213 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic INDUSTRY updates
Interesting. Maybe the reporter rounded up? Lol.

Pony Soldier wrote: I'd be interested to see where you got the 1% figure since it isn't true. There has been a steady increase in the death rate for a few years and we it 0.89% in 2020. It increased at a slightly lower rate than it did in 2019.

www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Mar 2021 13:28 #214 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic INDUSTRY updates

FredHayek wrote: Biden's 1.9 trillion in spending will include one billion in advertising to convince Americans that the new vaccines are safe. Vaccine "confidence" spending.

You could focus on other aspects of the bill, like:

— $1,400 stimulus checks to people making under $75,000 and couples making under $150,000
— $300 a week in extra unemployment benefits through September 6th
— $14 billion for vaccine distribution
— $25 billion in rental assistance
— Expansion of the child tax credit up to $3,600 per child, which is estimated to cut child poverty in half

10 Mar 2021 13:42 #215 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic INDUSTRY updates
Yes, focus on the very small fraction of the spending that actually does some good instead of the barrels of pork... no thanks.

10 Mar 2021 14:11 #216 by koobookie
Without gong to brietbart, townhall, or any of those right wing sites, can you list the pork that you think is in this bill?

10 Mar 2021 14:41 #217 by Pony Soldier

10 Mar 2021 15:18 #218 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: Is Forbes commie enough for you?

www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/20...virus-stimulus-bill/

From your communist link:

$1.5 million earmarked for the Seaway International Bridge, which connects New York to Canada. Senate Leader Chuck Schumer hails from New York.
$50 million for “family planning” – going to non-profits, i.e. Planned Parenthood, or public entities, including for “services for adolescents[.]”
$852 million for AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Vista, and the National Senior Service Corps – the Corporation for National and Community Service – civic volunteer agencies. This includes $9 million for the AmeriCorp inspector general to conduct oversight and audits of the largess. AmeriCorps received a $1.1 billion FY2020 appropriation.

So, $900,000,000 out of $1,900,000,000,000 is your definition of "pork." That's around 0.05% of the bill is "pork." Yeah, I'm okay with that.

10 Mar 2021 16:08 #219 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic INDUSTRY updates
I would prefer to look at the American Rescue Plan Act 2021 for what it offers to individuals that have been impacted by the lockdowns imposed by the governments.

As to pork here is an item from CNBC.com that was not in the Forbes article.

The $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill offers $86 billion in grants to failing multi-employer pension plans, to help pay benefits for union workers.

10 Mar 2021 16:12 #220 by koobookie
Do you have a problem with that particular "piece of pork?" (If it is in fact "pork")

If so, I'm curious as to why you would not want to shore up pension plans.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds