Biden wins White House, vowing new direction for divided US

07 Nov 2020 09:38 #1 by MMT_Politics

The ultimate arbiter is the people of the Union. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Voting is the foundation act that breathes life into the principle of the consent of the governed. ~DeForest Soaries
Political Calendar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2020 18:43 #2 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Nov 2020 19:10 #3 by Carrie
I listened to the speeches--NO INSULTS, NO LUDICROUS LIES, NO INSULTING NICKNAMES!!! I am happy tonight. Biden wasn't my first choice, but I'll take it!

08 Nov 2020 07:05 #4 by homeagain
NOW....there is "space to breath again"...NOW, small steps at a time,we become what this nation means.
NOW, perhaps the pandemic will be seen as REAL and not just the flu,NOW Gaia might have a chance,NOW,perhaps some healing may manifest....(slowly,but still possible)....the WORLD is weary and
so are we....NOW,we can fill the vast void in our hearts..."Find a place inside,where there is JOY and that joy
will burn out the pain"....Joseph Campbell

08 Nov 2020 07:57 #5 by FredHayek
Biden will have an interesting time in office, first he will have a Republican Senate and Nancy Pelosi lost seats in the House. So he will have a hard time getting his legislation passed. He might even have trouble getting his cabinet members approved by Mitch McConnel. Then he has the hard left members of Congress who have their own agenda.

I suspect he will have to work like President Obama and just write a lot of executive orders. Joe will not have a mandate. Ironically Trump had better coattails than he did this election. Bizarre.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Nov 2020 15:26 #6 by Pony Soldier
I know y’all don’t like me posting here and will likely kick me to the ring, but the title of this thread is wrong. Biden hasn’t won anything yet. This is a contested election with many lawsuits and irregularities and accusations of outright fraud. Why is everyone so quick to say that this is over? I know you wouldn’t be saying that if the position were reversed but I won’t call you hypocrites....

09 Nov 2020 16:01 #7 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: I know y’all don’t like me posting here and will likely kick me to the ring, but the title of this thread is wrong. Biden hasn’t won anything yet. This is a contested election with many lawsuits and irregularities and accusations of outright fraud. Why is everyone so quick to say that this is over? I know you wouldn’t be saying that if the position were reversed but I won’t call you hypocrites....

Why so quick?
First, there is no evidence of any fraud or ballot tampering.
Second, most lawsuits that have been filed have been dismissed. It's all just noise.
Third, Biden won the popular vote by about 4.5 million votes.

And the right called us snowflakes. I remember conservatives (on that other site) four years ago getting their panties in a wad because Hillary waited until the morning after the election to concede, even though several states were in recounts. And guess what, Trump successfully sued to have those recounts stopped.

09 Nov 2020 16:11 #8 by koobookie
Attachments:

09 Nov 2020 16:18 #9 by Blazer Bob

Pony Soldier wrote: Why is everyone so quick to say that this is over?

They are presenting it as a fait accompli. It is a tactic and it seems to be working.

09 Nov 2020 16:36 #10 by koobookie

Blazer Bob wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: Why is everyone so quick to say that this is over?

They are presenting it as a fait accompli. It is a tactic and it seems to be working.

Oh, you mean like four years ago, and virtually every presidential election? How dare they!

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds