January 6th Bipartisan Commission

16 Jul 2021 20:49 #131 by FredHayek

driver8 wrote:

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Megyn Kelly says Democrats have overdramatized the January 6th demonstration. I agree with her.

koobookie wrote: For those of you who cannot remember what happened just six months ago, here's a video of the event released by the New York Times:

www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000...rump-supporters.html

That clip is stunning in how violent it had become... But, they will not watch this or try and say it was antifa or something. There is no bridge which you can get them to cross back to reality lol!

It was a tiny group of less than five hundred that had no chance of overtaking the government. Less violent than many of the ANTIFA and BLM riots and arson.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jul 2021 07:16 #132 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: It was a tiny group of less than five hundred that had no chance of overtaking the government. Less violent than many of the ANTIFA and BLM riots and arson.

What do you think they were hoping to accomplish by violently storming the capitol?

17 Jul 2021 08:09 #133 by homeagain
www.businessinsider.com/photo-capitol-hi...washington-dc-2021-1

A REMINDER OF THAT TRAVESTY.....AND YOU THINK IT WAS 'NOTHING"??????

17 Jul 2021 08:42 #134 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: It was a tiny group of less than five hundred that had no chance of overtaking the government. Less violent than many of the ANTIFA and BLM riots and arson.

What do you think they were hoping to accomplish by violently storming the capitol?

Probably the same thing as the people who were part of the 750 riots last year that destroyed businesses and lives... they want to show all the rational people how pissed off they are. There will be very few, if any, people charged with attempting to overthrow the government with their signs and maga hats. I'f you're honest with yourself, I'm betting you already know that.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Jul 2021 07:23 #135 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: What do you think they were hoping to accomplish by violently storming the capitol?

Probably the same thing as the people who were part of the 750 riots last year that destroyed businesses and lives... they want to show all the rational people how pissed off they are. There will be very few, if any, people charged with attempting to overthrow the government with their signs and maga hats. I'f you're honest with yourself, I'm betting you already know that.

But Rick, here's one Jan 6th "tourist" that admitted the real reason:

"We weren't there to steal things," Kiczenski, who entered the Capitol on January 6, said, according to the book excerpt. "We weren't there to do damage. We were just there to overthrow the government."

But when Trump took to Twitter to urge his supporters to go home, Kiczenski said she felt sad and confused, Bender wrote.

"We were supposed to be fighting until the end," she said.

www.businessinsider.com/trump-supporter-...ow-government-2021-7

They were there to "stop the steal," to lynch Pelosi and Pence. They were there to keep Donald in the oval office. They thought they could actually make that happen. If you're honest with yourself, I'm betting you already know that.

19 Jul 2021 09:25 - 19 Jul 2021 09:26 #136 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: What do you think they were hoping to accomplish by violently storming the capitol?

But Rick, here's one Jan 6th "tourist" that admitted the real reason:

"We weren't there to steal things," Kiczenski, who entered the Capitol on January 6, said, according to the book excerpt. "We weren't there to do damage. We were just there to overthrow the government."

But when Trump took to Twitter to urge his supporters to go home, Kiczenski said she felt sad and confused, Bender wrote.

"We were supposed to be fighting until the end," she said.

www.businessinsider.com/trump-supporter-...ow-government-2021-7

They were there to "stop the steal," to lynch Pelosi and Pence. They were there to keep Donald in the oval office. They thought they could actually make that happen. If you're honest with yourself, I'm betting you already know that.

I see, so your're saying that there is proof that the quote from one person aplies to the intent of all the other people there? That's like saying all the people who protested last year were all guilty of wanting to burn, loot, and destroy the cities. You can't prove assumptions like that based on the one or the few that actually had that intent. People are like lemmings, they will follow the crowd even if they don't know why... that doesn't equate to an insurrection no matter how many times you repeat it. You'll soon find out that the court agrees with me and not you.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jul 2021 09:30 #137 by koobookie

Rick wrote: I see, so your're saying that there is proof that the quote from one person aplies to the intent of all the other people there? That's like saying all the people who protested last year were all guilty of wanting to burn, loot, and destroy the cities. You can't prove assumptions like that based on the one or the few that actually had that intent. People are like lemmings, they will follow the crowd even if they don't know why... that doesn't equate to an insurrection no matter how many times you repeat it. You'll soon find out that the court agrees with me and not you.

Not at all, and thank you for once again putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

One person has admitted that his intention was to "overthrow the government." You are correct in extrapolating that it does not mean that all of them carried that intention, but there were probably more than just one that thought they were going to do just that.

What do you think they were attempting to do when the "tourists" violently broke into the capitol, screaming for Nancy and Pence? What was their ultimate goal? To "stop the steal?" To keep Donald in power?

19 Jul 2021 21:26 - 19 Jul 2021 21:27 #138 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: I see, so your're saying that there is proof that the quote from one person aplies to the intent of all the other people there?

Not at all, and thank you for once again putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

One person has admitted that his intention was to "overthrow the government." You are correct in extrapolating that it does not mean that all of them carried that intention, but there were probably more than just one that thought they were going to do just that.

What do you think they were attempting to do when the "tourists" violently broke into the capitol, screaming for Nancy and Pence? What was their ultimate goal? To "stop the steal?" To keep Donald in power?

If you read my sentence carefully, you'll see that it ends in a question mark, which simply means I was asking you if that is what you meant.

As for your second point, "probably" is just your feeling or opinion based on the sources you consume. I don't see that opinion as anything other than speculation.

As for your third point, I can imaging that the people who actually did damage and broke into the capital will get the heaviest charges, but to say they were comitting treason is just another bit of biased speculation. The people who followed are as I've said before, Lemmings. Just like every riot we watched over the last summer, there are violent people who smash windows and attack people, and there are the people who climb through the smashed windows because they can.

Bottom line is that every one of these people have to be given their day in court, which is something most of the city burners didn't have to experience. I believe there will be few if any charges of treason/insurrection and just like with the 3 years of Trump collusion nonsense, the media won't admit that they had the whole thing overblown.

George Orwell

20 Jul 2021 10:23 #139 by Wayne Harrison
Attachments:

20 Jul 2021 13:48 #140 by koobookie
Third member of Oath Keepers' January 6 conspiracy case to plead guilty and cooperate with prosecutors

A third member of the far-right Oath Keepers group who stormed the US Capitol in a unified military formation will plead guilty on Tuesday afternoon and cooperate with prosecutors, according to court records.
Caleb Berry plans to plead guilty to two felonies -- conspiracy and obstruction of a congressional proceeding -- for his role in temporarily stopping the Electoral College process on January 6.

www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/politics/oath-kee...leb-berry/index.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: driver8

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds