January 6th Bipartisan Commission

22 Jul 2021 07:56 #151 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Maybe it would be better to have an independent investigation? Instead of Speaker Pelosi picking the personnel?

That's a great idea! I wonder why Nancy didn't think of it?

Because her idea of 'independent' is an investigation conducted by only Trump haters, just like the Russia hoax investigation. The fact is, she is afraid to let anyone who has an alternate view to be part of the investigation, especially if these people are willing to push back against her bullshit.

The House had a deal hammered out to set up an independent investigation. It was defeated in the Senate via threat of filibuster.

Now there is a chance for a bi-partisan investigation in just the house. McCarthy threw up five Republicans that he knew would be rejected by Nancy, due to the fact that at least three of them bought into the Big Lie. Now he is claiming that Pelosi is politicizing the committee, when in fact, it's McCarthy he did just that.

Oh, and your "Russian Hoax Investigation" claim - please stop. I've shown you over and over again that it was not a hoax, that the Trump campaign did have ties to the Russians, that people connected to Donald have been indicted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2021 09:05 #152 by FredHayek
Reichstag Fire? Historians now know the fire was set by a Danish communist. But the response by the government benefitted Hitler by letting him target political enemies. Will Pelosi benefit from 1/6 by targeting her enemies in the upcoming investigations?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jul 2021 12:00 #153 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Reichstag Fire? Historians now know the fire was set by a Danish communist. But the response by the government benefitted Hitler by letting him target political enemies. Will Pelosi benefit from 1/6 by targeting her enemies in the upcoming investigations?

I think her tactic is wearing thin with people who are sick of her one sided investigations that lead to nowhere and just waste time and money. I'm guessing she will get her ass handed to her in 2022.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jul 2021 09:14 #154 by Wayne Harrison
It’s actually all very straightforward:

Our democracy was attacked, and the Republican Party is doing everything it can to prevent the American people from knowing the truth about that attack.

Not complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

24 Jul 2021 09:42 #155 by homeagain
I was witness to Watergate, events as they unfolded,were viewed as an audacious act of crime...NOW,
something far more sinister and evil is called a NORMAL protest and dismissed as "nothing to see here"
I feel like I am a character in THE TWILIGHT ZONE and my screams of distress are muted with duct tape.

24 Jul 2021 16:40 #156 by Rick

homeagain wrote: I feel like I am a character in THE TWILIGHT ZONE and my screams of distress are muted with duct tape.

This is exactly how I feel every time I watch Biden try to form a sentence that makes sense. Don't worry HA, Pelosi wil have her long drawn out investigation that will yield nothing we don't already know. This is all they have to counter the actual damage that is being done right now in Washington and across liberal cities that don't understand why crime is taking over their streets.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Jul 2021 07:56 - 25 Jul 2021 09:14 #157 by Wayne Harrison
You must have really felt in the Twilight Zone for the four years President Trump tried to form complete sentences and now at his 2021 rallies...

25 Jul 2021 09:36 #158 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: It’s actually all very straightforward:

Our democracy was attacked, and the Republican Party is doing everything it can to prevent the American people from knowing the truth about that attack.

Not complicated.

Republicans actually want all the sealed videos released as well as all the information about who murdered the unarmed woman. Our democracy was not attacked no mater how many times you and the worthless press want to repeat that lie. The people protesting at the capital were of the same mindset as those who destroyed thousands of businesses and actaully killed people. They had a grievence and they lashed out like children . Until you show evidence that a significant number of those people went to the capital thinking they would be able to take over the government, your OPINION is just opinion based on the narrative you want to exist.

George Orwell

26 Jul 2021 09:15 #159 by Wayne Harrison
Rick, I'm perfectly happy to wait for the Bipartisan Commission's investigation. And I hear Republicans are going to have their own Partisan Commission investigation as well.

Ashli Babbitt wasn't murdered. She was shot while trying to cross through a broken window and a police barricade into the lobby outside the House of Representatives were cowered and fleeing. The officer was cleared of doing anything wrong. Enough with the "she was murdered" crap. Just because you want him to be guilty of murder, he's not unless he's found guilty in a court of law.

Perhaps if police had acted sooner, using lethal force to stop the intruders tearing down the barricades designed to keep from from accessing the Capitol and who were attacking police, this whole thing could have been stopped sooner. Or maybe not. I noticed her fellow intruders didn't stop after Babbitt was shot and continued on to the House Chamber, parading around like nothing had happened and they had already forgotten her death. From the videos, I didn't hear one word uttered about her in the House Chamber by the lawbreakers who successfully disrupted the work of Congress.

27 Jul 2021 08:13 #160 by Wayne Harrison
Panel hearing from four police officers about fateful day at Capitol

LIVE:

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds