January 6th Bipartisan Commission

09 Aug 2021 11:17 #181 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: The FBI should already know since they were in attendance acting as moles and agitators.

I'm sure you have a source for that allegation. Care to provide it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2021 15:45 #182 by Rick
Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-f...-sources-2021-08-20/

So, if there wasn't a grand coordinated attack and this was just a bunch of angry protestors who took advantage of weak security so they could get into the capital, how can these be labelled as an "insurrection"? If nobody is charged with insurrection or treason or some other major felony against the country, how much longer does the media need to keep this as a headline story?

As usual, the facts don't matter. What matters is the narrative that the media and Democrats will cling to until the end of time. The rest of us have eyes that are open and minds that can understand the way words are used to invent history.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Aug 2021 10:21 #183 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: I am at a loss to understand why Republicans do not want an investigation into this attack on our capitol.

Koobookie, see the post above mine. What do you think if the insurrection now?

Then there is this.

"DOJ Demands Judge Send Jan 6th Protester BACK TO JAIL for “Returning to Conspiracy Theories” After He Violated Restrictions and Watched Mike Lindell’s Symposium Online

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/doj-dem...-lindells-symposium/

Now since you will probably reject anything from that source here is the court doc.

s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21046193/...e-douglas-jensen.pdf

Do you think this is OK in America.

21 Aug 2021 12:13 #184 by Rick
Controlling what we say and controlling what we watch? Yeah, sounds a lot like China to me.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Aug 2021 13:48 #185 by FredHayek
President Biden's own FBI find no evidence for a planned insurrection. Too many people here have a bad case of confirmation bias from reading liberal commentary for the last six months.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

21 Aug 2021 17:18 #186 by Rick
The worthless media will still call it an insurrection until they find another shiny object for the sheep to scream at.

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

24 Aug 2021 00:11 #187 by ScienceChic
USCP Completes Internal Investigation into the January 6 Officer-Involved Shooting
August 23, 2021
Press Release
After interviewing multiple witnesses and reviewing all the available evidence, including video and radio calls, the United States Capitol Police has completed the internal investigation into the fatal shooting of Ms. Ashli Babbitt, which occurred in the Speaker’s Lobby on January 6.

USCP’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) determined the officer’s conduct was lawful and within Department policy, which says an officer may use deadly force only when the officer reasonably believes that action is in the defense of human life, including the officer’s own life, or in the defense of any person in immediate danger of serious physical injury.

The officer in this case, who is not being identified for the officer’s safety, will not be facing internal discipline.

This officer and the officer’s family have been the subject of numerous credible and specific threats for actions that were taken as part of the job of all our officers: defending the Congress, Members, staff and the democratic process.

The actions of the officer in this case potentially saved Members and staff from serious injury and possible death from a large crowd of rioters who forced their way into the U.S. Capitol and to the House Chamber where Members and staff were steps away. USCP Officers had barricaded the Speaker’s Lobby with furniture before a rioter shattered the glass door. If the doors were breached, the rioters would have immediate access to the House Chambers. The officer’s actions were consistent with the officer’s training and USCP policies and procedures.

On April 14, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia announced it would not pursue criminal charges based on insufficient evidence. The case was investigated by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Metropolitan Police Department. The administrative investigation was launched after the criminal investigation was closed.
www.uscp.gov/media-center/press-releases...y-6-officer-involved

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Aug 2021 08:14 #188 by Rick
I could go on and on about how this secret investigation was inconsistent with every other shooting of an unarmed citizen, but that's not my biggest issue so I'll let it go.

The biggest issue to me is how the worthless press framed this as a coordinated insurrection for 8 months without ever looking at any other possibilities, like just being a bunch of angry protesters who took advantage of an intentionally weak security force.

Now that it has been proven by the FBI that this was not an insurrection, the media has completely dropped the story from it's daily loop of faux outrages. I have yet to see a retraction of even a full story of the FBI findings and how the media and Democrats got it so wrong (plus a couple worthless Republicans). These findings would be a huge story at every news source if we had a healthy and honest press, but we don't.

George Orwell

24 Aug 2021 08:25 #189 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I could go on and on about how this secret investigation was inconsistent with every other shooting of an unarmed citizen, but that's not my biggest issue so I'll let it go.

The biggest issue to me is how the worthless press framed this as a coordinated insurrection for 8 months without ever looking at any other possibilities, like just being a bunch of angry protesters who took advantage of an intentionally weak security force.

Now that it has been proven by the FBI that this was not an insurrection, the media has completely dropped the story from it's daily loop of faux outrages. I have yet to see a retraction of even a full story of the FBI findings and how the media and Democrats got it so wrong (plus a couple worthless Republicans). These findings would be a huge story at every news source if we had a healthy and honest press, but we don't.

TWO THINGS here.....Why was the security force INTENTIONALLY weak? (co operation with the
organizations that incited? )

SECONDLY, it is a KN0WN fact that the inquiry (vetting) of Kavanaugh was intentionally LIMITED to
certain circumstances and those who COULD HAVE given concrete,credible facts of his behavior were
NOT interviews (and there were many)......HOW is that limitation of OTHER POSSIBILITIES any different?

24 Aug 2021 08:49 - 24 Aug 2021 08:50 #190 by Rick
So the non-insurrection isn't your problem, it's my take on the weak security?

Investigations are imminent, to determine whether the Capitol Police were undermanned and unprepared for the threat posed by two days of rallies against the results of the 2020 election, but the answer as to why troops posted blocks away were unable to respond to the siege is as simple ― or as complicated ― as a morass of bureaucracy.

Simply put, the National Guard only shows up to D.C. when they’ve been invited, and the Capitol Police did not extend that invitation until after the breach, according to a source with knowledge of the process, who was not authorized to speak about it on the record.

www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military...tack-on-the-capitol/

The insurrection lie is what prompted our brain dead leader to announce that white supremacy was America's biggest threat. How many of those protesters did the FBI find to be white supremacists? I'm guessing next to zero.

When the government and the media join together in a massive lie, we are doomed to destroy the country our founders gave us to protect. That seems to be the plan.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds