January 6th Bipartisan Commission

27 Jul 2021 13:59 #161 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: Ashli Babbitt wasn't murdered. She was shot while trying to cross through a broken window and a police barricade into the lobby outside the House of Representatives were cowered and fleeing. The officer was cleared of doing anything wrong. Enough with the "she was murdered" crap. Just because you want him to be guilty of murder, he's not unless he's found guilty in a court of law.

Can you show me any precident in the last 50 years where a police officer shot an unarmed woman and the media not only didn't care who the officer was, but they also didn't even care about knowing the whole truth behind the shooting. Every life matters Wayne, even a white woman with a Trump hat and a backpack. If we really want to hold police accountable for who they kill, shouldn't every shooting be transparent and investigated equally?

Had Trump won the election, I think we all know what kind of riots we would have seen... busineses were not boarding up their windows for no reason, we had the summer of riots, death and destruction that gave eveyone good reason to fear a Trump victory. Any person killed in one of those riots by a police officer would not have been an afterthought, they would have been hailed as heroes and the cop(s) who pulled the trigger would probably be sitting in jail right now.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2021 08:14 #162 by Wayne Harrison

Rick wrote: Can you show me any precident in the last 50 years where a police officer shot an unarmed woman and the media not only didn't care who the officer was, but they also didn't even care about knowing the whole truth behind the shooting.

Can you show me any other instances in the last 50 years where an unarmed woman was breaching a U.S. Capitol barricade through a broken window guarded by Capitol Police Officers and was shot?

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

I'm looking forward to the House Select Committee's investigation of the shooting as part of their probe into what happened on Jan. 6. So there's that.

29 Jul 2021 08:51 #163 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote:
Can you show me any other instances in the last 50 years where an unarmed woman was breaching a U.S. Capitol barricade through a broken window guarded by Capitol Police Officers and was shot?

Come on Wayne, of course I can't show that exact same situation, that's a ridiculous thing to ask. What I can do is show you manyt cases of unarmed people not being shot even though they tried to burn down a federal building that had people inside and there's likely millions of hours of police body cams that show suspects much bigger and stronger than that unarmed woman who posed greater threats but still were not gunned down.

I don't think you'll answer this question directly because it will destroy your argument, but I'll try anyway.

If Trump won the elction and riots broke out everywhere including at the capital, and a white cop killed an unarmed black woman wearing a backpack trying to get through that same window, would you and the media have given the white cop a pass?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Jul 2021 10:35 - 31 Jul 2021 12:52 #164 by Wayne Harrison
"When the looting starts, the shooting starts." President Donald J. Trump

from The New Republic...

We Already Know Who Killed Ashli Babbitt

Trump and his sycophants are trying to turn the slain rioter into a martyr—an attempt to obscure their own responsibility for the January 6 insurrection.

newrepublic.com/article/162937/who-kille...li-babbitt-january-6
Attachments:

05 Aug 2021 15:47 #165 by FredHayek
So how many have been tried for treason so far? Any death sentences issued?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Aug 2021 22:24 #166 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: So how many have been tried for treason so far? Any death sentences issued?

Well you see Fred, in America today you can add up as many non-felonies as you want, then you can condense them into an insurrection charge, even if a tiny minority of the people were actually dumb enough to think they could take over the government, without weapons. (well, except

George Orwell

05 Aug 2021 22:26 #167 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: So how many have been tried for treason so far? Any death sentences issued?

Well you see Fred, in America today you can add up as many non-felonies as you want, then you can condense them into an insurrection charge, even if a tiny minority of the people were actually dumb enough to think they could take over the government, without weapons. (Well, except for the deadly backpack).

George Orwell

06 Aug 2021 10:07 #168 by FredHayek
The DOJ now wants to hand out two month prison sentences for "unlawful parading." LOL. Time to move on yet? Locking up all those "paraders" before they unlawfully parade again. More waste of your taxpayer dollars? Meanwhile in San Francisco, thieves are allowed to walk out of stores loaded up with stolen merchandise.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Aug 2021 13:07 #169 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: The DOJ now wants to hand out two month prison sentences for "unlawful parading." LOL. Time to move on yet? Locking up all those "paraders" before they unlawfully parade again. More waste of your taxpayer dollars? Meanwhile in San Francisco, thieves are allowed to walk out of stores loaded up with stolen merchandise.

Only if the people 'parading' are of a certain skin color with a certain political leaning. Double standards are not an issue for this administration or withy Democrats in general.

George Orwell

06 Aug 2021 13:09 #170 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: The DOJ now wants to hand out two month prison sentences for "unlawful parading." LOL. Time to move on yet? Locking up all those "paraders" before they unlawfully parade again. More waste of your taxpayer dollars? Meanwhile in San Francisco, thieves are allowed to walk out of stores loaded up with stolen merchandise.

Only if the people 'parading' are of a certain skin color with a certain political leaning. Double standards are not an issue for this administration or with Democrats in general.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds