Elon Musk Ends Twitter Takeover Attempt

03 Nov 2022 14:08 #111 by koobookie
Interesting how you attempt to twist the argument around and blame Dems for the elimination of Roe v Wade, instead of where the blame resides - on the Republicans who have demonized it for years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2022 14:09 #112 by FredHayek
And even if a Red Wave arrives on Tuesday, President Biden will still have veto power over any changes to Social Security,
Medicare, and Medicaid. So these stories are all just to scare voters into believing that they are at risk.

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Right now Democrats say that Republicans will take away Social Security. Lies! The GOP knows ending SS would end the Republican Party. Senior citizens would never let them win another election, but Democrats from President Obama on down are spouting this.

HERE is were it ran off the rails....because Fred thinks Soc. Sec. is "safe" and the rest is a lie....(for Rick,an answer)

www.medpagetoday.com/washington-watch/wa...y_News_Update_active

WASHINGTON -- Physician groups expressed concerns over what one group called a "substantial" decrease in Medicare fee-for-service physician payments under a final rule for 2023 issued Tuesday by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).

The 2023 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule includes a 4.5% decrease in the conversion factor -- the multiplier that Medicare applies to relative value units (RVUs) to calculate reimbursement for a particular service or procedure under Medicare's fee-for-service system. After budget neutrality adjustments required by law, CMS explained that the final conversion factor for the 2023 fee schedule is $33.06, which is a drop of $1.55 from the 2022 fee schedule conversion factor of $34.61. The $33.06 figure is slightly lower than the $33.08 conversion factor suggested in the proposed rule.

In a press release, Anders Gilberg, senior vice president of government affairs for the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) called the 4.5% drop "expected" but "substantial."

"Ninety percent of medical practices reported that the projected reduction to 2023 Medicare payment would reduce access to care," Gilberg said, adding that the changes cannot wait until the next Congress. "MGMA looks forward to working with both Congress and the administration to mitigate these cuts and develop sustainable payment policies to allow physician practices to focus on treating patients instead of scrambling to keep their doors open."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Nov 2022 14:12 #113 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Interesting how you attempt to twist the argument around and blame Dems for the elimination of Roe v Wade, instead of where the blame resides - on the Republicans who have demonized it for years.

LOL. You just will not accuse your home team of any mistakes, will you?
It was an amazing fluke, three Supreme Court Justices being replaced during one term!
But if only the Democrats had moved when they had the majority and the political capital!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Nov 2022 14:31 #114 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: LOL. You just will not accuse your home team of any mistakes, will you?
It was an amazing fluke, three Supreme Court Justices being replaced during one term!
But if only the Democrats had moved when they had the majority and the political capital!

Who nominated those three judges for the SC? That's right, a Republican.

Who confirmed those three conservative judges? That's right, a Republican Senate.

Who has been campaigning for 50 years that they will repeal Roe v Wade? That's right, Republicans.

Who is ultimately responsible for taking away a right from women? Once again, Republicans.

Your disgusting attempt to blame Democrats for Republican actions is, well - disgusting.

03 Nov 2022 14:59 - 03 Nov 2022 15:03 #115 by ramage
Abortion, as you stated is a "right" because the Supreme Court ruled so in Roe v. Wade. Now that the Supreme Court ruled, in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health, that it is a states' rights issue and as such should be decided in the individual states.
The Supreme Court giveth and the Supreme Court taketh away.
Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

As Rick point out what is the topic of the thread. It appears that abortion finds its way into all threads.

03 Nov 2022 15:05 #116 by koobookie
Amazing that you so easily accept a right being taken away.

What's next? Gay marriage taken away? LGBTQ rights taken away? Interracial marriage? Women's right to vote? Where does it stop, Ramage? Where? If the SC can take away one right, they can take away more.

03 Nov 2022 16:41 - 03 Nov 2022 16:43 #117 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Abortion, as you stated is a "right" because the Supreme Court ruled so in Roe v. Wade. Now that the Supreme Court ruled, in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health, that it is a states' rights issue and as such should be decided in the individual states.
The Supreme Court giveth and the Supreme Court taketh away.
Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

As Rick point out what is the topic of the thread. It appears that abortion finds its way into all threads.

[/b]

WELL, I guess there might be a reason for that...it is the genesis of deconstruction of due diligence and
devolving society. "what is the adage? "death by a thousand pecks".. small piece here,a small piece there
till there are NO RIGHTS.

03 Nov 2022 17:25 #118 by ramage
Please explain why abortion is " the genesis of deconstruction of due diligence and
devolving society. "what is the adage? "death by a thousand pecks"

I do not understand what this means.
(BTW.. death by a thousand cuts is what you want)) I looked this up, as I was interested in the origin of the phrase and here is what I found.
www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/6/messages/433.html

04 Nov 2022 07:26 #119 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Please explain why abortion is " the genesis of deconstruction of due diligence and
devolving society. "what is the adage? "death by a thousand pecks"

I do not understand what this means.
(BTW.. death by a thousand cuts is what you want)) I looked this up, as I was interested in the origin of the phrase and here is what I found.
www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/6/messages/433.html

Due diligence....understanding ALL the ramification or facts,by examining a 'thing"in an overview process.
ASKING QUESTIONS to understand if a thing is structured correctly

DEVOLVING society....circumstances that r detrimental to the whole

"death by a thousand pecks"....my understanding,within the fowl society,a specific bird is unwanted,cast out,or ostracized...this is accomplished by the group,pecking at the "victim"......each individual of the group
approaches the "unwanted, pecks at it until he bird leaves or is mortally wounded. (I first heard the phrase when i read THE JOY LUCK CLUB by Amy Tan.

04 Nov 2022 07:46 #120 by ramage
"Due diligence....understanding ALL the ramification or facts,by examining a 'thing"in an overview process.
ASKING QUESTIONS to understand if a thing is structured correctly

DEVOLVING society....circumstances that r detrimental to the whole"

Perhaps you did understand my question. Simply, why is abortion the genesis of the above?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds