Elon Musk Ends Twitter Takeover Attempt

01 Nov 2022 14:45 #91 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Let's be crystal clear,the causality of lying/spreading serious misinformation is RIPPING THE SOUL FROM THIS NATION....and then u (collectively) ask Why r we so fubared,as a country.

YES! Do you mean misinformation like telling people they will kill grandma if they don’t double mask and take an experimental shot that was inaccurately called a “vaccine”?

Yeah, we definitely have to ban Joe Biden from every social media platform because he is so dangerously dishonest.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2022 15:13 #92 by FredHayek
Great point! President Biden lied about his son dying in Iraq. He lied about the House vote on college debt reimbursement. It actually never happened.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Nov 2022 15:53 - 01 Nov 2022 15:56 #93 by homeagain

Mary Scott wrote:

homeagain wrote: PS....let's bring this closer to YOUR HEART.....what if YOUR CHILD were murdered in a mass murder and a declaration was broadcast that it NEVER HAPPENED and it was fake news.....I can NOT believe u
would still have the same point of view....(or maybe u COULD just brush it aside as freedom of speech....what an extraordinary example of apathy)

JUST WOW......hardcore,YOUR CHILD MURDERED AND U CAN SAY FREE SPEECH TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER THE TRUTH....

My pain is mine alone and I don't expect anyone else to protect me from it, and obviously not you.

Oh do allow me to CLARIFY the misunderstanding.....read the bolded

And here I thought you shouted "YOUR CHILD MURDERED". Mary Scott posted.

01 Nov 2022 15:59 #94 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: Let's be crystal clear,the causality of lying/spreading serious misinformation is RIPPING THE SOUL FROM THIS NATION....and then u (collectively) ask Why r we so fubared,as a country.

YES! Do you mean misinformation like telling people they will kill grandma if they don’t double mask and take an experimental shot that was inaccurately called a “vaccine”?

Yeah, we definitely have to ban Joe Biden from every social media platform because he is so dangerously dishonest.

WHY YES,let's talk about misinformation from the start....TRUMP MINIMIZING THE PANDEMIC AND SAYING LET'S OPEN UP FOR EASTER...IT WILL BE GONE JUST LIKE THAT.

01 Nov 2022 19:30 #95 by FredHayek
There were a lot of bad forecasts made about Covid-19 but HA only quotes the one making President Trump look bad.
Remember when Speaker Pelosi was encouraging people to attend Chinese New Year despite the pandemic arriving from overseas?
Remember when the WHO repeated the lies from China that it wasn't a lab leak, but instead was due to a wet market?

And has anyone noticed that China is still acting very ruthless to contain Covid-19 even now? They recently forced everyone at their Disneyland to pass a Covid-19 test before leaving the park?

Are they worried another very lethal strain is out there or about to be leaked?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Nov 2022 09:40 #96 by koobookie

Mary Scott wrote: Some people may think the holocaust didn't happen and some people still believe the world is flat. I happen to think those people are wrong on both points but they still have the right to say what they believe.

I've been thinking about this, and you're absolutely correct. In the U.S., they do have the right to say what they believe.

My problem with that is when hateful rhetoric spurs people to take action and hurt others, like the Paul Pelosi attack. The attacker listened to right wing hate speech and the Q misinformation, which led him to violence.

02 Nov 2022 11:33 #97 by homeagain

koobookie wrote:

Mary Scott wrote: Some people may think the holocaust didn't happen and some people still believe the world is flat. I happen to think those people are wrong on both points but they still have the right to say what they believe.

I've been thinking about this, and you're absolutely correct. In the U.S., they do have the right to say what they believe.

My problem with that is when hateful rhetoric spurs people to take action and hurt others, like the Paul Pelosi attack. The attacker listened to right wing hate speech and the Q misinformation, which led him to violence.

SO,in an earnest inquiry....Alex Jones was INCORRECTLY trialed and found guilty. Having the absolute belief that Sandy Hook did NOT happen and it was a hoax....thereby declaring his BELIEF SYSTEM and
causing immeasurable misery.????? I can NOT wrap my mind round that scenario......no ramifications for a LIE????

02 Nov 2022 12:46 #98 by koobookie
Alex Jones had the right to say Sandy Hook was a hoax. It was a lie, which he knew at the time and has admitted under oath. That lie caused pain & humiliation to the families, and ultimately the threat of violence from Jones' supporters.

He had the first amendment right to tell the lie, but it was defamation and has been held liable. He should never have told the lie, since he surely knew that it would rile up his base.

It's the same thing that Trump & his son are doing. Rather than help to quiet down the rage his supporters are feeling, they are stoking the fire so that more violence will happen. That's not leadership.

02 Nov 2022 13:11 #99 by Rick
Koobookie, are you willing to acknowledge the same kind of divisive an inaccurate talk from the guy you voted for? Biden said that MAGA Republicans were a threat to democracy. T if ate a whole lot of people including myself who just believe Trumps policies were much better for this country than Biden’s policies that are hurting every American as we speak.

And let’s not forget Biden’s other false statements about the “pandemic of the unvaccinated”… completely false. He asked big businesses to fire the unvaccinated and the military did the same thing. This was real damage done to real people, not just hurt feelings.

Biden continues to lie about everything, including that his son died in Iraq and that he met the man who invented insulin, even though that guy died before Biden was born.

None of that matters because none of your sources will make any of that BS an issue. Let’s be consistent for once.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Nov 2022 13:17 #100 by Mary Scott
The only thing I can add to this is "hate speech" can be very subjective. I hears a lot of "hate speech" from both sides of this years politicians and what one side considers hate speech from the other side is only speaking the truth from their side.

As an aside, I do not in any way condone what Alex Jones said.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds