Elon Musk Ends Twitter Takeover Attempt

05 Nov 2022 08:56 #131 by homeagain

Rick wrote: What’s the topic and can we get back to it?

NOW, to the topic in the post title.....I posted previously....the LACK of due diligence (details reviewed to the best of Musk's ability) would be the problem...just as it was for Space X....the most ELEMENTARY factors are NOT /have not been addressed. . BIG and bold at first glance, have deteriorated in to a disastrous dilemma. JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2022 10:35 #132 by ramage
The thread is not longer germane as Musk has taken over

05 Nov 2022 10:44 #133 by homeagain
From my POV...it is progressive report on the process of his decisions. SO, it is germane. It is showing HOW NOT to allow ego into an expansive and expensive plan/project/proposal.

05 Nov 2022 11:22 #134 by Rick
A private citizen buys a private company and does what he wants with it. When did this become unacceptable?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Nov 2022 13:04 #135 by homeagain

Rick wrote: A private citizen buys a private company and does what he wants with it. When did this become unacceptable?

www.theverge.com/2022/11/4/23439790/elon...fety-teams-severance

leaving whole teams totally or near completely gutted, including those tasked with defending against election misinformation ahead of the US midterms next week, The Verge has learned.

employees who remain at Twitter told The Verge that they expect the company to have a hard time maintaining critical infrastructure in the short term. “Shit is gonna start breaking,” said one current employee who requested anonymity to speak without the company’s permission, while another called management’s layoff process “an absolute shit show.”

I have been tru "the shit show" MANY times in 17 years. It is mind blowing and demoralizes a company...
MUSK must make this right immediately or he is screwed, (not to mention a wanton waste of money)

05 Nov 2022 13:39 #136 by homeagain
www.geekmetaverse.com/jack-dorsey-unveil...centralized-twitter/

t should be noted that Bluesky is not yet ready. However, the app is currently in private beta testing and will soon be available to the public.

Bluesky unveiled the plan for its decentralized social network protocol, which will be the core code for the app, on Tuesday, October 25.

According to Bluesky, in essence, its ATP protocol would allow users to move between various social platforms using just one high-end browser – its app – while managing what they see and how much data they share with those platforms.

Decentralization is not just a system developed to serve cryptocurrencies. It is, above all, a desire to protect private data by allowing it to escape the control of a single entity. A vision dear to the heart of Jack Dorsey, co-founder of the social network Twitter and a great advocate of Bitcoin. This is part of a very Web3 approach for this emblematic Web2 figure.

WELL NOW....how does this mix with Musk's main objective?

05 Nov 2022 15:31 #137 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: The thread is not longer germane as Musk has taken over

True. Wish I could change the title.

"Richest Man In The World Destroys Free Speech By Buying Twitter".

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Nov 2022 15:33 #138 by FredHayek
Or sometime a company is bloated and needs to be pared down. "Jack" never seemed like a hands on CEO, hanging out with dictators and doing peyote.

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: A private citizen buys a private company and does what he wants with it. When did this become unacceptable?

www.theverge.com/2022/11/4/23439790/elon...fety-teams-severance

leaving whole teams totally or near completely gutted, including those tasked with defending against election misinformation ahead of the US midterms next week, The Verge has learned.

employees who remain at Twitter told The Verge that they expect the company to have a hard time maintaining critical infrastructure in the short term. “Shit is gonna start breaking,” said one current employee who requested anonymity to speak without the company’s permission, while another called management’s layoff process “an absolute shit show.”

I have been tru "the shit show" MANY times in 17 years. It is mind blowing and demoralizes a company...
MUSK must make this right immediately or he is screwed, (not to mention a wanton waste of money)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Nov 2022 16:00 #139 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: A private citizen buys a private company and does what he wants with it. When did this become unacceptable?[/b]

Why do you care and Musk doesn’t have to do anything to please you or anyone else. He could burn the whole company to the ground and it would have zero affect on your life. You and the rest of the left would be thrilled if it crashed and burned, so stop acting like you care about how he spends his money.

BTW, this quote almost make me shoot a Pepsi out of my nose:

“Twitter employees finding out their pronouns are “was/were”. “

LOL!!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Nov 2022 16:48 #140 by homeagain
Why do you care and Musk doesn’t have to do anything to please you or anyone else. He could burn the whole company to the ground and it would have zero affect on your life. You and the rest of the left would be thrilled if it crashed and burned, so stop acting like you care about how he spends his money.

NUMBER ONE....MIDTERMS R DAYS AWAY....the shit show of political posturing and LIES will be rampant IF
he doesn't get his crap together.

NUMBER TWO....U R WRONG, I hope he can institute what was intended....a town hall forum for intelligent,considerate conversation exchange. ( how friggin refreshing would THAT be)

NUMBER THREE... u continual UNDERESTIMATE ME., I am NOT on any other social media but MMT. I realize I am an anomaly,but TWITTER,when correctly constructed, would be the leader in CURRENT,and
concrete (credible) sourcing.

I do,however,have to consider BLUE SKY (of which I was unaware of)and how the impact would play out

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds