Elon Musk Ends Twitter Takeover Attempt

31 Oct 2022 08:46 #51 by homeagain
Imaging WHAT something should look like and actually having it manifest in that way is RARE. HI EXPECTATIONS and implementing those lofty ideas,usually become more realistic ,as obstacles r discovered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2022 09:01 #52 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Imaging WHAT something should look like and actually having it manifest in that way is RARE. HI EXPECTATIONS and implementing those lofty ideas,usually become more realistic ,as obstacles r discovered.

Have you missed is past accomplishments based on lofty ideas? The arrogance of his critics is amusing to me.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

31 Oct 2022 09:09 - 31 Oct 2022 09:10 #53 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: In the first 12 hours after Musk acquired the site, the use of the n-word increased nearly 500%.

Oh NO!!! Are you saying that there were no bad words being spread on that platform before Musk bought it? Your president made a has a long list racist statements over his 50 years in government, yet you voted for him anyway. Spare me your outrage.

No, Rick, I'm saying that the increase of a derogatory and racist slur is a result of the change of ownership at twitter, which is probably what will continue without moderators.

31 Oct 2022 10:19 #54 by koobookie
Musk himself is posting misinformation & conspiracy theories to his new purchase.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Elon Musk on Sunday tweeted a link to an unfounded rumor about the attack on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, just days after Musk’s purchase of Twitter fueled concerns that the social media platform would no longer seek to limit misinformation and hate speech.

Musk’s tweet, which he later deleted, linked to an article by a fringe website, the Santa Monica Observer, an outlet that has previously asserted that Hillary Clinton died on Sept. 11 and was replaced with a body double.

In this case, the article recycled a baseless claim that the personal life of Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, somehow played a role in an intruder’s attack last week in the couple’s San Francisco home, even though there is no evidence to support that claim.

apnews.com/article/elon-musk-twitter-inc...0b7a82fb4a815f8149f6

I guess this is what we can expect from the new improved twitter? More lies and misinformation?

Musk is going to lose sponsors and advertisers if this keeps up.

31 Oct 2022 10:35 #55 by FredHayek
The tweet was deleted later that Sunday.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Oct 2022 10:37 #56 by koobookie
He should never have written the tweet.

31 Oct 2022 10:37 #57 by koobookie
Imagine you were the richest man in the world and that your number one priority was to allow the two most racist and well known public figures back on the world’s largest platform, knowing full well they would use it to spread more hate. If that isn’t evil, I don’t know what is. - Jack Hopkins

31 Oct 2022 10:40 #58 by FredHayek
I don't think you understand free speech. Everyone gets a voice, even the loathsome ones. Kanye West made some antisemitic statements recently and paid dearly for it, losing a billion dollars in one week.

We want to let the haters expose themselves.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Oct 2022 10:48 #59 by koobookie
I'm not against free speech, Fred, I just don't want a voice given to racists, anti-semites, conspiracists, etc. Giving them a platform to spew their hatred gives them power. Yes, they need to be revealed and shown for the vile persons that they are, but to give them more opportunity is reprehensible.

31 Oct 2022 10:53 #60 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: Imaging WHAT something should look like and actually having it manifest in that way is RARE. HI EXPECTATIONS and implementing those lofty ideas,usually become more realistic ,as obstacles r discovered.

Have you missed is past accomplishments based on lofty ideas? The arrogance of his critics is amusing to me.

[/b]

ARROGANCE is absent (on my behalf).......here is a EXCELLENT EXAMPLE OF WHICH I SPEAK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Mars_program

In 2001, Musk was on the Mars Society's board of directors and first presented his goal of enabling Mars colonization. In the 2000s and early 2010s, SpaceX made many vehicle concepts for delivering payloads and crews to Mars, such as space tugs, heavy-lift launch vehicles, Red Dragon capsules. The Mars plan was first formally proposed in 2016 International Astronautical Congress alongside a fully-reusable launch vehicle, the Interplanetary Transport System. Since then, in the late 2010s, the launch vehicle proposal was refined and renamed to Starship, and in 2020s is actively developed.[clarification needed] The company has given many tentative dates for the first human landing on Mars, although these are aspirational.

BUT THEN,some pesky pieces of information r MIA...much to be worked out,more than 20 years later

Reception and feasibility
SpaceX has not detailed plans for the spacecraft's life-support systems, radiation protection, and in situ resource utilization, technologies which are essential for space colonization.[

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds