Elon Musk Ends Twitter Takeover Attempt

04 Oct 2022 16:36 #21 by FredHayek
One theory says Elon Musk now realizes he can't squirm out of the deal so he will now welcome it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2022 17:19 #22 by ramage
It is enjoyable to watch Musk make the "Twitters" tie themselves into pretzels. First he proposed to buy at $54.50, an approximate 20% dividend; the "Twitters" were appalled and were absolutely not going to sell. In the meantime the issue of bots on the platform was brought into daylight. He then told them that he was not going to buy and the "Twitters" then said they would sue to force him to buy at the offered price. Inquiring minds want to know what caused this change in position? He then tweets his Ukraine peace proposal and the bots come out in full force; like throwing offal in the water for sharks.
Now he says that his original offer is still on the table. In the meantime he has had an opportunity to ferret out the "Twitters" that he does not feel would be worth keeping on.
Doin this is, I think, a minor enjoyment for Musk while he develops SpaceX, Starlink, Tesla, and lest we forget the transportation system for the city of Los Angeles.

04 Oct 2022 19:04 #23 by homeagain
Doin this is, I think, a minor enjoyment for Musk while he develops SpaceX, Starlink, Tesla, and lest we forget the transportation system for the city of Los Angeles.

MENSA minds must be entertained,they get bored otherwise......besides he rather enjoys chaos,he has HOW MANY CHILDREN??? (IT IS IN DOUBLE DIGITS, i BELIEVE)

04 Oct 2022 20:34 #24 by ramage
",he has HOW MANY CHILDREN??? (IT IS IN DOUBLE DIGITS, i BELIEVE)" And you have none as you have stated. What is the point?

04 Oct 2022 22:32 #25 by FredHayek
Lots of children, I did say he was an impulsive man!

05 Oct 2022 15:21 #26 by homeagain

ramage wrote: ",he has HOW MANY CHILDREN??? (IT IS IN DOUBLE DIGITS, i BELIEVE)" And you have none as you have stated. What is the point?

[/b]

WELL, I guess Fred nailed it, but for what it is worth ....being a father to a multitude of "miniatures" would have most MEN dazed, confused and TOTALLY toasted. ( I have NONE because I WAS a mom to my brother and a caretaker to my mother.....FREE is a fabulous word. FREEDOM is too.

21 Oct 2022 09:04 #27 by ramage
The U.S. government may end Musk's purchase on Twitter on national security grounds.
" according to Bloomberg, the Biden administration is discussing whether the US should subject some of Elon Musk’s ventures to national security reviews, including the deal for Twitter and SpaceX’s Starlink satellite network, citing people familiar with the matter."
www.zerohedge.com/markets/biden-admin-we...nds-just-musk-wanted

There is an entity, The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), it is a committee, shrouded in secrecy, similar to the FISA courts. and has the authority to veto the deal. Their position may be that money from Qatar and Saudi Arabia individuals and/or funds have pledged funds to aid in Musk's take-over bid and thus could be a national security risk
In the meantime Musk has talked about cutting 75% of the Twitter work force. Certainly there are many unhappy campers in San Francisco and other cities where Twitter has offices.

23 Oct 2022 09:20 #28 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: ",he has HOW MANY CHILDREN??? (IT IS IN DOUBLE DIGITS, i BELIEVE)" And you have none as you have stated. What is the point?

[/b]

WELL, I guess Fred nailed it, but for what it is worth ....being a father to a multitude of "miniatures" would have most MEN dazed, confused and TOTALLY toasted. ( I have NONE because I WAS a mom to my brother and a caretaker to my mother.....FREE is a fabulous word. FREEDOM is too.

I'm a man who has 3 kids. My first was a miracle and so were the second and third. I would have been happy with 10 kids if we could have afforded that many. My wife feels the same way because we get more joy from our children than we get from anything else. We now get to watch our family grow and we look forward to the next reward of grandchildren and large family gatherings.

I won't pretend know how other men or women feel about lots of kids because that would silly to make those kind of assumptions. I also won't pretend to know why somec people prefer to grow old without a family of more than just a spouse. I can only speak for myself when I say that I'm happier the more people I have around me that I love, including my friends. Maybe Elon feels the same way.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Oct 2022 22:27 #29 by FredHayek
Elon Musk has high level security clearances so it seems like partisan nonsense to deny him the chance to buy Twitter.
It will be interesting to see where he takes one of the most connected social media websites. But also a website that most people don't normally use. Elites love it and are obsessed. (I spend hours a day there usually. )

25 Oct 2022 08:17 #30 by Rick
I can't get myself to use Twitter but I appreciate the power it has and how it needs to be free of censorship, otherwise it's just another trash pile like our media. Hopefully Musk turns it into something that has value.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds