Elon Musk Ends Twitter Takeover Attempt

05 Nov 2022 22:07 #141 by Rick
First of all I’d just like to thank you for that well written and easy to understand post. I’m not good at understand other people’s abbreviated writing. I still disagree with some of it, so here we go.

homeagain wrote: Why do you care and Musk doesn’t have to do anything to please you or anyone else. He could burn the whole company to the ground and it would have zero affect on your life. You and the rest of the left would be thrilled if it crashed and burned, so stop acting like you care about how he spends his money.

NUMBER ONE....MIDTERMS R DAYS AWAY....the shit show of political posturing and LIES will be rampant IF
he doesn't get his crap together.

Well, if this an acknowledgment that Twitter can influence an election then yes, we solidly agree. However, do I need to remind you how Twitter has worked to silence conservatives over the years? If Elon decided to start banning people like Biden and Obama because they lie almost every day, somehow I think you’d have a problem with that. Then there’s the censorship of speech that was rampant. We can’t complain about the experimental shot, can’t talk about Hunters laptop or anything else that hurts Democrats. Yeah, I’m gonna bet Elon and his 50 Tesla managers are going to have an easy time exceeding that low bar.

NUMBER TWO....U R WRONG, I hope he can institute what was intended....a town hall forum for intelligent,considerate conversation exchange. ( how friggin
refreshing would THAT be)

This is a truth bomb I really don’t want to drop on you, but you need to know that’s just not possible. I’ve tried for years on this site and others, but I always got shot down. It’s 10 people max who can’t engage in intelligent, considerate conversation unless it’s something other than politics or religion. How are you going to get the maximum numbers of users to all play nice? One side is fighting for human life, while the other is ok or silent about children getting pumped with hormones and breasts cut off. Nope, never gonna happen.

Now, you said you wanted intelligent and considerate conversation but you didn’t say anything about freedom from biased censorship. Our freedom of speech is far more important than the people who demand they not be offended.[\b]

NUMBER THREE... u continual UNDERESTIMATE ME., I am NOT on any other social media but MMT. I realize I am an anomaly,but TWITTER,when correctly constructed, would be the leader in CURRENT,and
concrete (credible) sourcing.

Ok, so this one I got a bit confused about the point, but I’ll try. I’m not on Twitter, but isn’t it a place where you just go to spout an opinion about something or share some kind of information? Not sure what you mean by “credible sourcing”. Are you saying there are credible sources and twits should give links to them like we do here? Yeah, I’m already bored thinking about that. It sounds like you’re saying you want Twitter to ban what they deem misinformation.., am I right?[\b]

I do,however,have to consider BLUE SKY (of which I was unaware of)and how the impact would play out

I’ll have to think more about that last one and get back to this. Anyway, hope I was somewhat intelligent and above average considerate. I’m trying. [\b]

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Nov 2022 07:23 #142 by homeagain
Number two and three r interconnected....REPORTERS on assignment in foreign lands,utilize twitter to quickly report real time events...they lament that this take over is hindering their ability to operate efficiently.

JMO....I think SC does an excellent job of operating her site. I think conversations r intelligent and ALLOWED to follow their natural flow. WHEN IT GOES OFF THE RAILS,THE RING then comes into play, BUT the flow of the conversation DOES continue,u just have to sign in to observe the conversation. I STILL do not understand why participation (input from posters) is lacking..perhaps they r all too saturated with the usual crap so involvement is distasteful. Which is probably the case. (sad that OTHER POV r missing)

20 Dec 2022 06:48 - 20 Dec 2022 06:57 #143 by homeagain
WELL NOW......Mercury Retrograde is making itself know........

www.bbc.com/news/business-64034892

Elon Musk has said Twitter will only allow accounts with a blue tick to vote on changes to policy after a majority of users voted for him to quit.

Mr Musk launched a Twitter poll asking if he should step down as chief executive - 57.5% of users voted "yes".

Since then, he has not commented directly on the result of the poll.

But he has said that Twitter will alter its rules so that only people who pay for a subscription can vote on company policy.

One user claimed that so-called bots appeared to have voted heavily in the poll about Mr Musk's role at the firm. Mr Musk said he found the claim "interesting".

Will Elon Musk's ultimatum cost him Twitter?
Who could replace Elon Musk as Twitter boss?

The billionaire had said when he ran the poll that he would abide by the result. If he does quit as chief executive, he will remain as Twitter's owner.

WELL NOW, A "whistle blower' has come forward regarding dereliction of duty and lack of oversight. Mercury goes retrograde. approx 1 week of Sept......THIS will fit nicely into the complete fubar of this deal. Posted the end of Aug.....MERCURY GOES RETROGRADE.ON THE END OF DEC......DIRECT IN MID JAN.

21 Dec 2022 13:56 #144 by FredHayek
Remember when those at Twitter went to court to force Elon Musk to buy their social media website?
:evil: :whistle: :angeltodevi
Wonder if they regret that?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Dec 2022 01:52 #145 by Blazer Bob
No, Uranus is in alignment with Mars which brings Uranus's rings into full view.

22 Dec 2022 07:31 #146 by homeagain
ACTUALLY Uranus rules unusual business AND BUSINESS MATTERS ARE RULED BY TAURUS,
if u consult the ephemeris URANUS IS IN TAURUS at 15 degrees and about 22 minutes. URANUS is upsets,unexpected events, abrupt actions, CHANGE..(needed and if not voluntary,forced.)

26 Dec 2022 08:23 #147 by Rick

Blazer Bob wrote: No, Uranus is in alignment with Mars which brings Uranus's rings into full view.

Lol

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds