ABORTION ON DEMAND - A NEW TWIST

29 Jan 2024 20:31 #11 by ramage
"Neither you, nor I, know with any definitive clarity when life begins because we will disagree on the definition of life. You obviously think it is at conception."
And when do you obviously think life begins?

Yes, I am an M.D. Death is the cessation of brain activity. In the non hospital setting, e.g. a gunshot to the head, death is the absence of cardiac activity, resulting in pulselessness, i.e. no perfusion to the vital organs, one of which is the brain. That is when life ends, death.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2024 07:54 #12 by homeagain
Moreover, asking doctors "What is life?" or "What is death?" may miss the point, said Magnus: "Medicine can answer the question 'When does a biological organism cease to exist?' But they can't answer the question 'When does a person begin or end?' because those are metaphysical issues."

There is much we do not understand about life/death.....the PROOF?

www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news...8d7b8d6f99e27023d9e0

I think the evidence overwhelmingly points to the physical body not being all that we are,” he told The Post in 2021.

“There seems to be something that is able to continue after the body dies. I don’t know what to make of it.”

THE SOUL does not die,the body may be "dead",but if the SOUL has more to accomplish on this plane, THEN the body will continue on to it's intended purpose...JMO, from a METAPHYSICAL POV

30 Jan 2024 07:57 #13 by Rick
This is the out the left gives to themselves to justify the killing of human life. All you have to do is say that you don't believe a human life begins until the baby is outside the womb, then suddenly it's a human life.

I listened to a Wisconsin woman who was going to medical school specifically so she could be an abortion doctor. She said that if she wasn't allowed to abort a full term baby in her state that she would move to a different state. Pure evil... I'll try to find the video.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Jan 2024 08:13 #14 by homeagain
All you have to do is say that you don't believe a human life begins until the baby is outside the womb, then suddenly it's a human life.

oh please,stop the histrionics....WHEN the life is viable outside of the womb(at whatever stage that is) it is
then a satisfactory safe delivery...IF THERE UNTENABLE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT CHANGE that equation and the life of the infant is questionable for survival....MAJOR DEFECTS,that would be insufferable,unsustainable,and inhumane pain is when the question is asked...WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO?

30 Jan 2024 08:20 #15 by Rick
Let me ask you something HA. If a woman in Colorado goes into a hospital to have a her baby delivered and she suddenly starts freaking out and tells the doctor she just can't go through with it because she will likely commit suicide or just won't be able to deal with the baby, would she be legally able to demand an abortion?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Jan 2024 08:45 #16 by homeagain
I am NOT a profession in the field, your question seems to be "reaching"......HOWEVER, I believe the del. doctor would call in assistance (physc) and have a witness on ethics committee and probably del the baby and then the "system" would kick in and the child would be kicked around foster care FOREVER. (UNLESS SOMEONE ON STAFF WAS WANTING OR KNEW SOMEONE WHO DEEPLY WANTED A N INFANT)

30 Jan 2024 08:46 #17 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Yes, I am an M.D. Death is the cessation of brain activity. In the non hospital setting, e.g. a gunshot to the head, death is the absence of cardiac activity, resulting in pulselessness, i.e. no perfusion to the vital organs, one of which is the brain. That is when life ends, death.

If the absence of brain activity signals death, then the presence of brain activity indicates life. From what research online that I can find, fetal brain activity is largely mature by the end of the second trimester, which is when babies first become able to survive outside the womb.

Interesting that you seem so fixated on the beginning of human life.

Can you answer the question of why do life insurance companies not insure a fetus?

Why can a social security number not be issued to a fetus?

What about census tallies? Should a fetus be counted in the census, because after all, you claim that it is a human at conception, so it should be counted immediately.

30 Jan 2024 09:30 #18 by Rick
Those are all questions that ignore the fact that a fetus is human life. You either put a value on that life or you don't.

George Orwell

30 Jan 2024 09:40 #19 by ramage
To answer your questions:
1. For the insurance company it is a business decision, nothing more.
2. For the same reason a fetus does not pay income tax.
3. The census has evolved from excluding Indians and counting slaves as 3/5 of a person. Perhaps
it is time to count a fetus. I would not discount democrats from pushing for this if they feel that
the benefits to their party.
Now as to my fixation as to when life begins, without a grounding in a moral belief your questions, answered above, reflect your situational morality, to which I do not subscribe.

30 Jan 2024 09:47 #20 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Those are all questions that ignore the fact that a fetus is human life. You either put a value on that life or you don't.

Oh, I value human life, Rick. I just do not think that a woman should be forced to carry a fetus to term. She should have the right to determine what to do with her body. She should not be a slave to your opinions.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds