August 2015: Divided over defunding Planned Parenthood
February 2016: Says he'll defund Planned Parenthood
March 2016: 'Some form of punishment' for women who seek abortions
October 2016: Trump vows to overturn Roe v. Wade
January-May 2018: Trump advocates for a 20-week national abortion ban
June 2022: 'God made the decision' to overturn Roe v. Wade
February-March 2024: Trump flirts with a national abortion ban
April 8: Trump says abortion should go back to the states

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2024 10:58 #72 by Rick
Do the same with Biden’s positions, on EVERYTHING. Biden has been flipping and flopping for 50 years, and somehow his lack of principles don’t matter at all to the left.

Newsflash K, ALL politicians lie and change their positions. Remember when Obama and Biden both said marriage is between a man and a woman, then pressure from the left made them suddenly change their minds? Did they change their minds because of principles or because of politics?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2024 07:58 #73 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Do the same with Biden’s positions, on EVERYTHING. Biden has been flipping and flopping for 50 years, and somehow his lack of principles don’t matter at all to the left.

Newsflash K, ALL politicians lie and change their positions. Remember when Obama and Biden both said marriage is between a man and a woman, then pressure from the left made them suddenly change their minds? Did they change their minds because of principles or because of politics?

Go ahead.

Check your right wing news sources and list how Biden's positions on abortion have changed over the years.

15 Apr 2024 09:25 #74 by ramage

15 Apr 2024 13:34 - 15 Apr 2024 13:34 #75 by Rick

In 1973, Biden, a Catholic, said the Supreme Court went "too far" in its Roe v. Wade decision. He now "firmly believes that Roe v. Wade is the law of the land and should not be overturned,” his press secretary says, per NBC.
A year after Roe v. Wade's 1973 decision, Biden said a woman shouldn’t have the “sole right to say what should happen to her body.”
He voted against a 1977 compromise that allowed Medicaid-funded abortions, with exceptions for victims of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother.
After the rape and incest exemptions passed, Biden voted in 1981 to remove them, per NBC.
He also voted multiple times, including in 1983, to prevent federal employees from obtaining abortion services through their health insurance.

So K, is Axios a right wing source now? I can’t seem to copy the link but can later if you think this is a fabrication. All you really have to do is spend a couple minutes searching beyond what you want to see.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Apr 2024 14:34 #76 by koobookie
Attachments:

19 Apr 2024 09:41 #77 by koobookie
Few people ever think about the issue of a wanted child vs. a child that is not wanted.

Ursula K. Le Guin, American author.

They asked me to tell you what it was like to be twenty and pregnant in 1950 and when you tell your boyfriend you’re pregnant, he tells you about a friend of his in the army whose girl told him she was pregnant, so he got all his buddies to come and say, “We all f*cked her, so who knows who the father is?” And he laughs at the good joke….

What was it like, if you were planning to go to graduate school and get a degree and earn a living so you could support yourself and do the work you loved—what it was like to be a senior at Radcliffe and pregnant and if you bore this child, this child which the law demanded you bear and would then call “unlawful,” “illegitimate,” this child whose father denied it … What was it like? […]

It’s like this: if I had dropped out of college, thrown away my education, depended on my parents … if I had done all that, which is what the anti-abortion people want me to have done, I would have borne a child for them, … the authorities, the theorists, the fundamentalists; I would have born a child for them, their child.
But I would not have born my own first child, or second child, or third child. My children.
The life of that fetus would have prevented, would have aborted, three other fetuses … the three wanted children, the three I had with my husband—whom, if I had not aborted the unwanted one, I would never have met … I would have been an “unwed mother” of a three-year-old in California, without work, with half an education, living off her parents….

But it is the children I have to come back to, my children Elisabeth, Caroline, Theodore, my joy, my pride, my loves. If I had not broken the law and aborted that life nobody wanted, they would have been aborted by a cruel, bigoted, and senseless law.

They would never have been born. This thought I cannot bear.

What was it like, in the Dark Ages when abortion was a crime, for the girl whose dad couldn’t borrow cash, as my dad could? What was it like for the girl who couldn’t even tell her dad, because he would go crazy with shame and rage? Who couldn’t tell her mother? Who had to go alone to that filthy room and put herself body and soul into the hands of a professional criminal? – because that is what every doctor who did an abortion was, whether he was an extortionist or an idealist.

You know what it was like for her. You know and I know; that is why we are here. We are not going back to the Dark Ages. We are not going to let anybody in this country have that kind of power over any girl or woman. There are great powers, outside the government and in it, trying to legislate the return of darkness. We are not great powers. But we are the light. Nobody can put us out. May all of you shine very bright and steady, today and always.

www.goodreads.com/quotes/10853791-they-a...you-what-it-was-like

19 Apr 2024 11:36 #78 by FredHayek
We demand the right to kill our children! We will not settle for 15 weeks like Europe! We want the right to have abortions up until the actual birthdate!

They are not extremists!

How about 20 weeks as a compromise? Nope, too extreme in their eyes!
Even though Plan B has been out for decades.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Apr 2024 12:55 #79 by koobookie
Have you never thought about an unwanted pregnancy from a woman's perspective, how it would impact her life?

A World Of Wanted Children Would Make A World Of Difference

19 Apr 2024 17:41 #80 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Have you never thought about an unwanted pregnancy from a woman's perspective, how it would impact her life?

A World Of Wanted Children Would Make A World Of Difference

Plan B has been out there for a very long time.

Sadly the abortion movement insists on creating one percenter scenarios like rape and incest.

Facts, most abortions are done early and with medication. And most abortions are birth control. Very few are done for the health of the mother.

Let's use facts instead of pre-Roe horror stories. Science instead of hysteria.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds