BP Oil Spill Updates

11 Jun 2010 23:08 #101 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

The Viking wrote: The only part that was missing was the President ... golfing, going on vacations, and going to two fancy nights out with the family. :bash

So the president is not supposed to go on "two fancy nights out with the family" because of the oil spill? You do realize the president doesn't actually do anything himself except make decisions? There's a reason he's called the chief EXECUTIVE. He delegates. Wow 2 nights out in 48 days. The nerve of him. Do you think the oil spill is more important that the TWO WARS we are involved in? Do you think he MIGHT have some other things to do besides go down and handle the spill personally? You want him to run the robots himself? Should he not have a few hours off now and then in 48 days? Do you think if there was ANYTHING that could he could do that would stop the link faster he wouldn't have already tried it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2010 01:55 #102 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Maybe meet with BP once?

12 Jun 2010 03:09 #103 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

towermonkey wrote: These guys are going to declare bankruptcy and get out of paying any more towards the cleanup. The American taxpayer will once again have to step in and save the day.

This is pure speculation. I'm not saying it can't happen but your statement is purely an inflammatory remark in the sense of trying to deflect from the current positive news of continued oil containment efforts.

Should it happen, the real lesson will be that the price of drilling for our precious oil (so much of which we squander carelessly) is an exceedingly high risk venture especially when things go wrong.

12 Jun 2010 06:44 #104 by Wayne Harrison

towermonkey wrote: Maybe meet with BP once?

You think meeting personally with BP will stop the leak faster or get the experts to work any more quickly? Well, you're getting your wish. You've already got top government people working directly with BP people on a daily basis to solve this so I'm not sure what the president meeting with BP is going to accomplish. I have wonder if McCain were president if Viking would be questioning his taking a couple nights off? The criticism is flat-out partisan.

12 Jun 2010 07:31 #105 by Wayne Harrison
HOUSTON – BP is already fighting an oil gusher it can't contain and watching its mighty market value wither away. Its own bumbling public-relations efforts are making a big mess worse.

Not only has it made a series of gaffes — none greater than the CEO's complaint that "I'd like my life back" — the company hasn't even followed its own internal guidelines for damage control after a spill.

Executives have quibbled about the existence of undersea plumes of oil, downplayed the potential damage early in the crisis and made far-too-optimistic predictions for when the spill could be stopped. BP's steadiest public presence has been the ever-present live TV shot of the untamed gusher.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100612/ap_ ... abLqtzfNdF

12 Jun 2010 12:32 #106 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Per BP :

• For the last 12 hours on June 11 (noon to midnight), approximately 7,835 barrels of oil were collected and 15.7 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• On June 11, a total of approximately 15,550 barrels of oil were collected and 31.2 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• Total oil collected since the LMRP Cap containment system was implemented is approximately 104,300 barrels.

• Operations were stable.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Jun 2010 14:15 #107 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
BREAKING NEWS: The navy just gave BP a "get a better plan to contain the spillage in the next 48 hours or else" altimatum...My Solution? We should nationalize BP overnight.

13 Jun 2010 07:58 #108 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
per BP :

• For the first 12 hours on June 12 (midnight to noon), approximately 7,570 barrels of oil were collected and 15.8 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• On June 11, a total of approximately 15,550 barrels of oil were collected and 31.2 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• Subsea activity associated with the long term containment options continue to progress over the weekend.

Live Feeds from ROVs

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

13 Jun 2010 08:06 #109 by Wayne Harrison

Vice Lord wrote: BREAKING NEWS: The navy just gave BP a "get a better plan to contain the spillage in the next 48 hours or else" altimatum...My Solution? We should nationalize BP overnight.

Great idea. Then taxpayers would be responsible for cleaning up the mess -- and the cost.

Keep 'em coming, VL.

13 Jun 2010 08:07 #110 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Vice Lord wrote: ...My Solution? We should nationalize BP overnight.

Thats a great idea Mr. Chavez. You do realize BP is a British co. So we go to war with our best ally?

I see our Pres. is already apologizing to the Brits for being too hard on BP.

I thought this article had some interesting numbers about how many wells there are in the gulf, and the reasons for deep drilling.

"2009 happens to also be the year that Department of Interior Secretary Ken Salazar installed former BP executive Sylvia Baca as the head of the MMS."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Why-Was-B ... JpbA--?x=0

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds