I think I'm Gay

20 Oct 2010 23:52 #1 by DaffyDick
I think I'm Gay was created by DaffyDick
If you had a son or daughter tell you that, how would you react?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2010 23:57 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic I think I'm Gay
Love you no matter what you decide.

21 Oct 2010 00:21 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic I think I'm Gay
Fine by me, I accept you for who you are. Love you very much, let me know if you need any extra support, and know that you can always talk to me about anything!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Oct 2010 01:00 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I think I'm Gay
May I ask how your family reacted?

21 Oct 2010 02:05 #5 by archer
Replied by archer on topic I think I'm Gay
First.....I would say thank you, for trusting me enough to tell me, for being honest, for sharing. I tried to let my kids know that a mothers love IS unconditional, that they can't lose it any more than I could ever withhold it. From there comes understanding, acceptance, and the willingness to provide support. It is never easy for any parent to see a child, no matter their age, either hurting, struggling, or just looking for acceptance. I can honestly say I would worry.....for the very reasons that recent events have made it difficult for young homosexuals to deal with peer pressure, societal pressure, and most likely pressure from within themselves. It is never easy to face life differently and every parent wants their child to find happiness with their chosen career.....with relationships, with their emotional and perhaps spiritual life. Parents worry, they always will.....but thru it all they love. But I would be grateful that my child and I had the kind of relationship that brought that child to me with the truth.

21 Oct 2010 04:25 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I think I'm Gay
I have talked to my kids about this. They both know I love them no matter what. I think most parents would feel this way. Sure you know that they are going to have a harder road from society. All the more reason to love them even more through all this.

21 Oct 2010 04:37 #7 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic I think I'm Gay

JMC wrote: Love you no matter what you decide.

:thumbsup:

21 Oct 2010 04:56 #8 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic I think I'm Gay
Hopefully parents could accept and love their kids no matter what.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

21 Oct 2010 07:41 #9 by theleaf
Replied by theleaf on topic I think I'm Gay
I would talk to them the same way I would talk to a straight kid about sex -- be safe, don't rush into a relationship, if you're not comfortable talking with me, we'll find someone you can confide in. The same things I would say to any kid.

If every day is an awaking,
you will never grow old.
You will just keep growing.

21 Oct 2010 07:44 #10 by CC
Replied by CC on topic I think I'm Gay

TPP wrote:

JMC wrote: Love you no matter what you decide.

:thumbsup:

Yeppers!

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds