I think I'm Gay

24 Oct 2010 22:47 #21 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I think I'm Gay

Becky wrote: How many times are you going to post this....?

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4637&start=0 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4637&start=0<!-- l -->

I know. Did you just remember you were gay again and have to repost it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2010 00:27 #22 by Residenttroll returns
I think most parents would say to themselves, I suck as a parent. I have let my child be indoctrinated to an unhealthy lifestyle via the media or education system. Then, they would hug their child and show love to their child.

I saw two tween girls kissing each other in public at an amusement park yesterday. I nearly vomited.

It's disgusting what the gay agenda in media has done to brainwash kids into thinking homosexuality, adultery, and multiple partners are healthy lifestyles.

25 Oct 2010 07:12 #23 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic I think I'm Gay
It's kind of like "I want to get married"

My response depends on age....

Age 15 ---- I'd ask "why do you think you're gay?" Give it some time - I think you're too young to make those kinds of decisions.

Age 25
"so when do we get to meet your partner?"

As a parent, love comes first. Opinion comes second.

25 Oct 2010 07:52 #24 by MountainRoadCrew
Replied by MountainRoadCrew on topic I think I'm Gay
Another thread with the same name was merged into this thread.

25 Oct 2010 08:40 - 08 Jul 2011 19:17 #25 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic I think I'm Gay

Regards,
Major Bean

25 Oct 2010 08:51 #26 by archer
Replied by archer on topic I think I'm Gay

major bean wrote: I am a Neanderthal. Let's get that out in the open right now.
Homosexuals are created by those with whom the baby is in contact and under care during childhood. Most usually the treatment received at the hands of the parents is the cause. There is no evidence to indicate a genetic cause for homosexually.

That doesn't answer the question of what you would say if your child told you he/she was gay.

25 Oct 2010 09:01 #27 by The Viking

major bean wrote: I am a Neanderthal. Let's get that out in the open right now.
Homosexuals are created by those with whom the baby is in contact and under care during childhood. Most usually the treatment received at the hands of the parents is the cause. There is no evidence to indicate a genetic cause for homosexually.

Yes, many studies have been done on this and a study came out about that last week. About 1 in 3, (30%)raised by a gay parent will turn out gay, where as only 1 in 25 (4%) raised by a straight parent turns out gay. And of the 30% who turn out gay raised by gay parents, those are only the ones who admit it. Many refused to say what they were and then were put in the 'straight' category, so it may even be higher. This is from over 26 different studies they have conducted. So he is saying that there is significant proof that the enviroment you are raised in makes you gay or straight much more than genes do. And as you said, the genes theory still has never been proven. They have never found a 'gay' gene.

In an analysis of 26 studies focusing on the children of gay parents, a new research paper from Kansas State University's Walter Schumm finds "evidence [... that] suggests intergenerational transfer of sexual orientation can occur at statistically significant and substantial rates, especially for female parents or female children." Isn't that just what leading bigot Paul Cameron at the nauseously conservative Family Research Institute found?

Schumm was provoked to study the question closely after a researcher at the conservative Family Research Institute was vilified after publishing a study concluding that “parents' sexual inclinations influence their children's." That study concluded that about 30 percent of the children of gay parents identified themselves as homosexual.

That is near identical to the 28 percent figure that Schumm arrived at in his meta-analysis of the 26 previously published studies. The 28 percent figure only applied to children who were over the age of 17; the figure dropped to 20 percent when children younger than 17 were included in the data.

http://www.queerty.com/gay-parents-far- ... -20101018/

25 Oct 2010 09:44 - 08 Jul 2011 19:18 #28 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic I think I'm Gay

archer wrote: That doesn't answer the question of what you would say if your child told you he/she was gay.

Regards,
Major Bean

25 Oct 2010 10:14 #29 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic I think I'm Gay
If my kid is hanging around an openly gay kid during his budding sexuality, and suddenly declares himself gay, I'm going to use the same line I'd use if he came home and said "I want to have sex with a woman"...

Wait. It's too important to make snap decisions when your blood's boiling. Just keep it in yer pants until the emotions catch up with the body. That way you won't do anything you'll later regret.

If I catch him having sex - homo or hetero, he's grounded until he's 18.

I believe that well adjusted people have control over urges. that's why God gave us a frontal lobe.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

25 Oct 2010 10:21 #30 by The Viking

major bean wrote:

archer wrote: That doesn't answer the question of what you would say if your child told you he/she was gay.

If a child of mine came to me and confessed that he/she was a homosexual, I would apologize to that child for my lack of love for that child.

But I think it also has to do with media and entertainment. It is so funny that you can't watch hardly any show anymore without them having a token 'gay' character or guest on the show. So media is also making it much more acceptable than it use to be even 10-15 years ago. Now it is almost unacceptable not to have a gay character on a sitcom. So, today's society has made it so you think it the norm rather than the 1-2% who admit they are gay.

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/urban/two.php

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds