I think I'm Gay

27 Oct 2010 19:54 - 27 Oct 2010 20:20 #71 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I think I'm Gay

major bean wrote: The operative word here is "consciously". Do we (men) "consciously" choose to lust after women? I think not. That is ludicrous.
There are many types of choices and not all choices have to be conscious.

No the environment we were raised in groomed us to think that way. So the environment including family, friends, magazines, internet, and television which objectifies women and makes boobs and butts such a sexual thing on women, it is what teaches most men to look at women that way. It is not genetic in my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Oct 2010 19:59 #72 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic I think I'm Gay

The Viking wrote:

major bean wrote: Viking. I have studied genetics with a passion for about 4 decades. It is quite an interesting hobby. Taking animal studies and breeding experiments we can infer quite a bit about what is iniherited in humans. It is very scary.

So if there is a generous gene, then we should single that out, find those kids, and raise them to be Republicans so they will give more away to charities and make the world a better place. And we can also make sure those with the generous gene get adopted by wealthy people so they have more to give later in life. That would solve world hunger!

Genetics is very complex. Many genes must (most probably) be present to create one trait. (Simple traits caused by one gene is not common, but is easily observable.) And most traits are most likely displayed on a continuum/spectrum. Personality traits vary greatly in gradation from left of center to right.
So far, though, there is no homosexual trait in nature that will correspond to human homosexuality. Homosexuality in animals can be caused by manipulation of their environment.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Oct 2010 20:03 #73 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic I think I'm Gay

The Viking wrote:

major bean wrote: The operative word here is "consciously". Do we (men) "consciously" choose to lust after women? I think not. That is ludicrous.

No the environment we were raised in groomed us to think that way. So the environment including family, friends, magazines, internet, and television which objectifies women and makes boobs and butts such a sexual thing on women is what teaches most men to look at women that way. It is not genetic in my opinion.

It is very genetic. Homosexuality is a perversion of that genetically inherited urge or drive. The drive is triggered by chemicals (hormones) at a specific time of development.
The sexual drive in dogs, monkeys, birds occur naturally and is not taught. We are animals also and our reproductive drives occur naturally. But they can be perverted by environment.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Oct 2010 20:06 #74 by Residenttroll returns

Nmysys wrote: Maybe she is too busy taking care of things she has to accomplish that are more important to her. Not that your question isn't important to you, but maybe your fetishes come down to your having made a choice!!

Jus' saying!

SC is a nice lady. When she has time I would bet she will answer you. For all you know she has a family emergency or something like it.

No! You're busting my ego.

I thought SC dropped everything to respond to my questions. I agree, SC is a nice respectful lady.

27 Oct 2010 20:22 #75 by The Viking

major bean wrote:

The Viking wrote:

No the environment we were raised in groomed us to think that way. So the environment including family, friends, magazines, internet, and television which objectifies women and makes boobs and butts such a sexual thing on women is what teaches most men to look at women that way. It is not genetic in my opinion.

It is very genetic. Homosexuality is a perversion of that genetically inherited urge or drive. The drive is triggered by chemicals (hormones) at a specific time of development.
The sexual drive in dogs, monkeys, birds occur naturally and is not taught. We are animals also and our reproductive drives occur naturally. But they can be perverted by environment.

Wait, are you saying that homosexuality is a perversion?

27 Oct 2010 21:27 - 27 Oct 2010 21:40 #76 by Residenttroll returns

Science Chic wrote: Sorry rt, it's only been 2 days, and I didn't realize that I was leaving you desperately hanging - I would've dropped my son's orthodontist appointment, and everything else, if so! :) (Thanks for sticking up for me Nmysys!)
I haven't done any research on pedophilia and bestiality, but if I had to guess, I'd say that they result from abnormalities in brain chemistry that reduce inhibitions on morality. I cannot think of an instance, unlike homosexuality, where those two conditions would improve survivability of a species.

Yes, absolutely! You should have reschedule that orthodontist appointment (I hope you know I am kiddin' around, the only reason I was poking fun with the crickets was because I peeked at the thread on 285FT you warned me not to open). :wave:

Now back to topic.

How do homosexual humans survive as a specie? They can't reproduce. They can only recruit. If homosexual humans can survive as specie, why isn't there any homosexual nations that have risen up to declared the taking back of their stolen ancestor lands from the straight heterosexuals?

I appreciate your guess on the abnormalities on pehophila and bestiality; however, how did you come to that conclusion? Couldn't that be argued for all morals: Lying, cheating, stealing, and even homosexuality? I think we can circle back and say that all of us are created equally until something triggers us to "reduce inhibitions on morality." Right? Don't we all have the ability to "reduce inhibitions on morality?"

27 Oct 2010 21:34 #77 by The Viking
rofllol So just as we are joking about people with a liberal gene, a story came out today how scientists found a gene that might determine if people will turn out liberal. Great news Liberals.....I may be rethinking my stance on abortion! :biggrin: We need to move all those kids to California to keep them in one place. Kind of an isolation towards that genetic abberation and mutation.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/weird/S ... 17218.html

According to researchers, they determined that people "with a specific variant of the DRD4 gene were more likely to be liberal as adults." However, the, subjects were only more likely to have leanings to the left if they were also socially active during adolescence.

27 Oct 2010 21:37 #78 by Residenttroll returns

major bean wrote:

The Viking wrote:

I wish I still have the college research that was presented in sociology in the early 80's. The research took mice and put them in a box.

As they added male mice and female mice as well as environmental variables (i.e. crowding, food, water), the dominate alpha mice, that was previously heterosexual, would become homosexual with beta males (especially in crowded, well fed and watered environment).

In some cases, the alpha mice would dominate both males and females; however, they would only dominate the females when segregated to another area of the box (community).

When only females were present the dominate alpha male would dominate the female mice. If you but the beta male in with the female, they would mate. When they put two beta males together they would not mate. It was a fascinating study.

I need to see if I can find that study.

27 Oct 2010 21:39 #79 by Residenttroll returns

The Viking wrote: rofllol So just as we are joking about people with a liberal gene, a story came out today how scientists found a gene that might determine if people will turn out liberal. Great news Liberals.....I may be rethinking my stance on abortion! :biggrin: We need to move all those kids to California to keep them in one place. Kind of an isolation towards that genetic abberation and mutation.

According to researchers, they determined that people "with a specific variant of the DRD4 gene were more likely to be liberal as adults." However, the, subjects were only more likely to have leanings to the left if they were also socially active during adolescence.

I heard that when you viewed the gene in microscope it was easy to determine which gene was the liberal gene. It's the gene in the shape of an O.

27 Oct 2010 22:00 #80 by The Viking

residenttroll wrote:

The Viking wrote: rofllol So just as we are joking about people with a liberal gene, a story came out today how scientists found a gene that might determine if people will turn out liberal. Great news Liberals.....I may be rethinking my stance on abortion! :biggrin: We need to move all those kids to California to keep them in one place. Kind of an isolation towards that genetic abberation and mutation.

I heard that when you viewed the gene in microscope it was easy to determine which gene was the liberal gene. It's the gene in the shape of an O.

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: SO wrong!!!! rofllol :lol:

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds