I think I'm Gay

26 Oct 2010 20:28 #51 by Residenttroll returns
(Crickets chirping)

SC, I am still waiting your research on pedophilia and beastality gene question? Or is the defective "sleeper cell" gene mutually exclusive to homosexuals?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2010 22:28 #52 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I think I'm Gay

DaffyDick wrote: If you had a son or daughter tell you that, how would you react?

Well I'd probably know it before they told me but if it were a girl i'd probably be happy for her, if it were a boy i'd be afraid for him. I wouldn't know of course but it's probably hard to be a gay guy in this world.

27 Oct 2010 12:31 #53 by Residenttroll returns

Vice Lord wrote:

DaffyDick wrote: If you had a son or daughter tell you that, how would you react?

Well I'd probably know it before they told me but if it were a girl i'd probably be happy for her, if it were a boy i'd be afraid for him. I wouldn't know of course but it's probably hard to be a gay guy in this world.

:Koolaid: :rofl

27 Oct 2010 13:14 #54 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I think I'm Gay
I don't think theres anything wrong with men being gay though...What do I care what other people like or dislike..I hate onions, but my wife loves them..I don't hold it agaianst her, but godamit why does anybody like those things!? I can't understand it

27 Oct 2010 17:42 #55 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic I think I'm Gay
Daffy that took guts - proud of you even though I don't know you.

27 Oct 2010 18:05 #56 by Residenttroll returns

Vice Lord wrote: I don't think theres anything wrong with men being gay though...What do I care what other people like or dislike..I hate onions, but my wife loves them..I don't hold it agaianst her, but godamit why does anybody like those things!? I can't understand it

You must have the Onion Dysfunctional Gene.

27 Oct 2010 18:06 #57 by Residenttroll returns
Day Five...and still no response from SC .

residenttroll wrote: (Crickets chirping)

SC, I am still waiting your research on pedophilia and beastality gene question? Or is the defective "sleeper cell" gene mutually exclusive to homosexuals?

By the way, the Thread topic is "I think I'm Gay." What happens when DaffyDick doesn't think about the end of his name? Is he still gay? Or is he gay only when he thinks of the ending of his name?

In his own admission, he suggests that he knows he wasn't born gay but is psychologically gay. Right? Thinking is psychological not physiological - I never heard of a gene controlling thoughts? I have heard it the other way around...your thoughts can control your genes. Thus, couldn't it be argued that homosexuality a mental condition?

27 Oct 2010 18:19 #58 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic I think I'm Gay
Maybe she is too busy taking care of things she has to accomplish that are more important to her. Not that your question isn't important to you, but maybe your fetishes come down to your having made a choice!!

Jus' saying!

SC is a nice lady. When she has time I would bet she will answer you. For all you know she has a family emergency or something like it.

27 Oct 2010 18:22 #59 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic I think I'm Gay

daisypusher wrote: I am a little confused:

Science Chic wrote: If a person has some but not all of those genes that favor homosexuality, then environment will play more of a role in determining their lifestyle, but if they have all of the genes that confers homosexuality then they will be gay no matter what.

And

Science Chic wrote: Homosexuality, even once all genes that confer a predisposition to homosexuality are identified, which is decades out, is not an absolute that the baby will become homosexual as they environmental factors are just as strong as the genetic factors, if not a little stronger.

Thanks for catching this dp! I was just finishing typing this first draft, hadn't had a chance to go back and fix my rough ideas when the hubby and contractor needed the computer and I posted it without finishing editing. D'oh! What I was going to say is that there are those who are gay and say that they feel that it was never a choice for them - they were born that way. So that seems like it would be genetics overriding environment, but that those who say that cannot objectively describe what in their environment may or may not have contributed to them being gay. The same applies to heterosexuals - thinking about this topic made me start to think about what factors in my upbringing may have swayed me to being attracted to men and not women and I can't decide on anything other than seeing my parents in a strong and stable relationship made me want the same for myself. So when it comes down to it, my opinion, for what it's worth, is that genetics and environment play mostly equal roles - sometimes one overrides the other but as we are still far away from understanding the details, it remains only anyone's opinion at this time. Sorry for the confusion on my posts. I wish I could get my ideas out correctly the first time!

residenttroll wrote: Day Five...and still no response from SC .

residenttroll wrote:
(Crickets chirping)

Sorry rt, it's only been 2 days, and I didn't realize that I was leaving you desperately hanging - I would've dropped my son's orthodontist appointment, and everything else, if so! :) (Thanks for sticking up for me Nmysys!)
I haven't done any research on pedophilia and bestiality, but if I had to guess, I'd say that they result from abnormalities in brain chemistry that reduce inhibitions on morality. I cannot think of an instance, unlike homosexuality, where those two conditions would improve survivability of a species.

The Viking wrote: Now in all your studying of genes, have they found the genetic flaw that predisposes someone to turn out Liberal? If so, is that grounds for a legal abortion also? :biggrin:

Yeah, intelligence! :biggrin: :jk2: But then you wouldn't be here if it was grounds for an abortion and where would the world be without you? lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Oct 2010 18:40 #60 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I think I'm Gay

Science Chic wrote: What I was going to say is that there are those who are gay and say that they feel that it was never a choice for them - they were born that way. So that seems like it would be genetics overriding environment, but that those who say that cannot objectively describe what in their environment may or may not have contributed to them being gay. The same applies to heterosexuals - thinking about this topic made me start to think about what factors in my upbringing may have swayed me to being attracted to men and not women and I can't decide on anything other than seeing my parents in a strong and stable relationship made me want the same for myself. So when it comes down to it, my opinion , for what it's worth, is that genetics and environment play mostly equal roles - it remains only anyone's opinion at this time. sometimes one overrides the other but as we are still far away from understanding the details, Sorry for the confusion on my posts. I wish I could get my ideas out correctly the first time!

So what you are saying is that there is pretty good evidence that the environment plays a large part in whethre you turn out gay or straight, but when it comes to genetic proof that people are born that way, you use the words, 'it seems like' and 'in my opinion', and 'it remains only anyone's opinion', but yet you say that it is 'probably' 50/50. Without any scientific evidence from the scientist? From what you have posted, I would say the evidence makes it closer to 80 or 90 percent that the environment effects the outcome of one's sexuality until proven otherwise. It makes a lot more sense.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds