Personal Insults

23 Nov 2010 16:08 #31 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Personal Insults
Hence, the Foe/IGNORE command... It's easier just to cut the defectives off at the knees, than listen to the mutterings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2010 16:09 #32 by Travelingirl
Replied by Travelingirl on topic Personal Insults

LadyJazzer wrote: Hence, the Foe/IGNORE command... It's easier just to cut the defectives off at the knees, than listen to the mutterings.

But where's the fun in that? I actually enjoy the entertainment value of all your posts, LJ...now go have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

23 Nov 2010 16:54 #33 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Personal Insults

Pineguy wrote: I'm not sure why, but it always seems to be the conservative posters who do that every day.

My guess is they really are too scared or lazy to engage in a civil discussion.

We see what we want to see. I see a steady stream of insults from both sides.

As to your second point, I have started a # of serious threads here and on PC that draw a smart
ass remark from the left and no other comment.

23 Nov 2010 17:04 #34 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Personal Insults
Archer:

Am I guilty of wishing someone to die or be killed? Why do you respond to my words and include others as the reason for your argument of my words? You are just as guilty as anyone or everyone else. If need be I can go back and show you your words and why you have received the responses that you have received.

Scruffy:

Anyone who uses terms outing someone else's sexuality is wrong in doing so and that is against how I read the terms of service. If I have offended you by my calling you Pinkie because you put up an avatar with pink hair, then I was wrong, and actually apologize. We all know that I am a hothead, as Pineguy has described me, but we all know that underneath it all I am just passionate about what I believe. I cannot think of many other posters on here that have apologized in the past, but I think we all know that I have, when my sugar level got low, and I got out of line, I tried to apologize for my words and actions.

The truth of the matter is we do have fun on this site and tend to lose sight of the effect of our words on others. I apologize to all except LJ and Pineguy, who in my opinion deserve everything that they get. They both make fools out of them selves and then cry like babies that others respond back to them with insults.

23 Nov 2010 17:07 #35 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Personal Insults
Nah, didn't offend me.

23 Nov 2010 17:10 #36 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Personal Insults

Nmysys wrote: Archer:

Am I guilty of wishing someone to die or be killed? Why do you respond to my words and include others as the reason for your argument of my words? You are just as guilty as anyone or everyone else. If need be I can go back and show you your words and why you have received the responses that you have received.

nmysis:

I never claimed not to be as guilty as anyone else. This is the ring, and it can get pretty heated....but i have never, ever, wished anyone dead, I have never, ever, wished a disease on someone....but i have had both done to me. I don't recall posting that you were guilty of such, i think I have made it clear that it is one poster and one poster only.....what I do take issue with is the rest of the conservatives here appear to approve of his posts. There is a difference between insults, which we all engage in, and outright hate.....

23 Nov 2010 17:19 #37 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Personal Insults
Well you find reason to quote my words and then say things like that about wishing someone to die and I naturally feel you are directing those words to me. Please be more explicit when you do that so as to avoid misreading or understanding.

When I found out that you were a woman, I apologized to you and have only responded in kind to you.

Scruffy:

Please answer one question, even if it is only in a PM and not on the open forum, are you a man or a woman? It would make a big difference in how you are perceived if you would answer that. It is the opinion of some that you are a woman, and if that is the case then I will refrain from some of the things that I say in response to you. The ball is in your court. Apparently some time in the past week while I was on the road traveling someone said they thought you posted something about having to take care of your kids and got the perception that you were a woman, contrary to what I have assumed since you got on this forum months ago.

23 Nov 2010 17:32 #38 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Personal Insults
nmysis, here is the post you took exception to

I've never seen a liberal on here wish to exterminate a conservative, continually harrass another poster with hateful statements, wish disease upon the poster and their family....both of which have happened to me from one poster here. So yeah, I will fight back.

I thought I had made it clear I was referring to only one poster.....I apologise if you thought I was referring to you, i was not. Yours just happened to be the last post and I used that as a jumping off place. Seriously, we are all neighbors here.....or at least on-line neighbors. it's ok to disagree....it's ok to have heated words.....it's ok to throw out the occasional jab at others, like i said this is the ring. But we ALL need to keep in mind that if we found ourselves in the same room together, we would most probably act differently. Many here have reached across the great political divide and found they genuinely like each other. I'm sorry I have never been able to do that being stuck in AZ for the last year for health reasons. but, when I do get back to CO in the spring I would love to meet and get to know the people here.....

23 Nov 2010 17:36 #39 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Personal Insults
If you really and truly believe someone is stupid or acting stupid, you owe it to them to tell them, or else they just keep repeating the idiotic behaivior...Viking and Nymisis are perfect examples. A good friend will be brutally honest

23 Nov 2010 17:37 #40 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Personal Insults
If someone lies, should they not be called a liar? What is the harm? If someone is trying to be dense, should they not be called dense? If someone is trying to be ignorant, shouldn't they be called ignorant? Why let someone use these tricks as a debate tool and not be called to task for it?
If a woman has a bastard kid, what is the harm in saying that her kid is a bastard? If a woman is a whore, should she not be called a whore? If a man is acting like a pure jerk, shouldn't he be called a jerk?
What is you guideline for calling a spade a spade, Scruffy?

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds