Personal Insults

24 Nov 2010 12:05 #61 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Personal Insults
Scruffy:

I don't mind the shortened version of Nmy, if you don't mind, and are too lazy to type out all 6 letters of my screenname, what I refer to is the attempts by some people to try to ridicule me by intentionally misspelling my screenname.

I always attempt to type out the screenname of the poster who I am trying to speak to, that's just me. I yam what I yam!

Now that I know your gender don't expect me to go easy on you!
:faint:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2010 13:04 #62 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Personal Insults
So, I can call you Yam?

24 Nov 2010 13:31 #63 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Personal Insults

Local_Historian wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Nmysys wrote: There is fun to be had everywhere in this site, not all people who visit it are thrilled with the contentious nature of the Courthouse and/or the Ring, by any means.

Hey Nymisis, this is America..I'll be me, and you can be you, thats the great thing about this country- so quit tellin people how they should be

Facist

Wow - remember that next time you presume to tell me how I should act and how I should speak.

I never tell you what you should think, i just tell you that what you are thinking is stupid- big difference

24 Nov 2010 19:06 #64 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Personal Insults

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Well you know these Republican Teabaggers talk about freedom, then they want to climb into a woman womb, and sneak into homo's bedrooms, and tell people how they should act...They don't even know the meaning of the word freedom.

VL, it goes both ways. What about the law banning happy meals. Is that freedom? They do it on both sides. It is just that each side thinks what they think is freedom is the right freedom or restriction.

But they didn't ban Happy Meals, just toys, and only in the ones that don't meet healthy enough criteria (which are very loose criteria, IMO). People are still free to buy and eat the unhealthy Happy Meals, they just don't get rewarded for it anymore (well, if you don't count high cholesterol and obesity as rewarding) in that city.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Nov 2010 19:14 #65 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Personal Insults
Wow! Having VL on ignore keeps me from reading his less than brilliant hairbrain comments till someone quotes them.

I didn't know this was America!! Gee whiz, shucks, golly!!!

Why would anyone try to tell such a jerk anything. I don't know what you are on VL but whatever it is, it is dangerous, but then you don't want anyone to tell you anything, so keep it up, way to go!!!

24 Nov 2010 22:37 #66 by ckm8
Replied by ckm8 on topic Personal Insults
Quick hint Nymysys- even if someone quotes them , you still don't have to read. Personally I take the approach that I'll address you the way you address others. A poster who is always polite and respectful I'll treat that way. (Science chick is a good example) The ones who call others names and speak insultingly will get that behavior in return. I suppose it's hard to stay polite when someone accuses you of having STD's or poisonous tampons. When someone is addressed that way, I'll give them a free pass for a rude response. Extra props if you still keep your cool.

25 Nov 2010 07:19 #67 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Personal Insults

ckm8 wrote: Quick hint Nymysys- even if someone quotes them , you still don't have to read. Personally I take the approach that I'll address you the way you address others. A poster who is always polite and respectful I'll treat that way. (Science chick is a good example) The ones who call others names and speak insultingly will get that behavior in return. I suppose it's hard to stay polite when someone accuses you of having STD's or poisonous tampons. When someone is addressed that way, I'll give them a free pass for a rude response. Extra props if you still keep your cool.

That goes both ways. A new poster would take a look at one of your "tit for tat" posts and think "Now there's a rude piece of scum" and have you pegged as a person who insults.
Do you somehow think that you are the etiquette police or maybe Miss Manners?

Regards,
Major Bean

25 Nov 2010 08:21 #68 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Personal Insults
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

25 Nov 2010 09:01 #69 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Personal Insults

Science Chic wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Well you know these Republican Teabaggers talk about freedom, then they want to climb into a woman womb, and sneak into homo's bedrooms, and tell people how they should act...They don't even know the meaning of the word freedom.

VL, it goes both ways. What about the law banning happy meals. Is that freedom? They do it on both sides. It is just that each side thinks what they think is freedom is the right freedom or restriction.

But they didn't ban Happy Meals, just toys, and only in the ones that don't meet healthy enough criteria (which are very loose criteria, IMO). People are still free to buy and eat the unhealthy Happy Meals, they just don't get rewarded for it anymore (well, if you don't count high cholesterol and obesity as rewarding) in that city.

Hi SC,

I will preface this by saying, you know I love you. LOL. Now looking to see if I am in the ring, okay I have to be nice. :jk2:

My whole point is this banning toys in happy meals has nothing to do with toys it has to do with the health issue. If they truly believe happy meals are a health issue, they should truly ban happy meals not the toys. ( I happen to believe that a happy mean occasionally is not a problem, if they want to do something real and meaningful, do a campaign saying that a happy meal once in a while is not bad for you but eating them everyday is and that would be a real teaching lesson that might help into adulthood) This way of banning toys is a passive aggressive way to have a law and teaches kids nothing. Same with MM, instead of being straight forward they try to slide it by. It is some people's opinion that kids don't look at the toy as a reward, they are kids. Some people do not think that way and believe that banning toys is taking away freedom. And so that being said. The side that believes happy meal toys are a reward won this. Both sides have their ideas of what freedom is. So when I hear VL say...

Well you know these Republican Teabaggers talk about freedom, then they want to climb into a woman womb, and sneak into homo's bedrooms, and tell people how they should act...They don't even know the meaning of the word freedom.

Climb into a womans womb? Didn't someone climb into a happy meal? It is all the same thing. Just insert different issues. And the happy meal thing? By VL's definition, they don't know the meaning of freedom either. It is not a womb, or a bedroom (homo? VL, I would not use that term LOL) it was a happy meal. It is all the same thing.

25 Nov 2010 09:05 #70 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Personal Insults
Been reading for awhile. Finally joined.

It's interesting how you all skip the part about not insulting at all and turn it into "They insult more than we do so we're better."

Major Bean: A new poster would take a look at one of your "tit for tat" posts and think "Now there's a rude piece of scum" and have you pegged as a person who insults.

No, actually this new poster pegs you BOTH as people who insult -- regularly. One is no better than the other, so quit trying to claim the high road in insulting behavior, OK. Just my two cents as a new poster.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds