Personal Insults

23 Nov 2010 17:46 #41 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Personal Insults
Archer:

Twice you have declared this as being the Ring, but it is not. It is in the Courthouse. Just Fyi.

There are a great number of people on here on both sides of the aisle that I call friend, but they are not the ones who throw the insults, or else they are just softballs thrown to jab at the other, because we come down on the opposite side of the political spectrum, doesn't mean we can't agree to disagree politically. Now that Scruffy, for instance has explained some things to me, I see that the anger is really against just two posters on here from the left side, and if you think about it, the same is true from the right side, just basically two posters. Everyone, from either side of the aisle seems to agree about VL and dummyup.

I'm sorry but I have no control over RT or Teddy and wouldn't want to if I did. We do have the Free Speech issue that I won't touch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2010 17:55 #42 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Personal Insults

major bean wrote: If someone lies, should they not be called a liar? What is the harm? If someone is trying to be dense, should they not be called dense? If someone is trying to be ignorant, shouldn't they be called ignorant? Why let someone use these tricks as a debate tool and not be called to task for it?
If a woman has a bastard kid, what is the harm in saying that her kid is a bastard? If a woman is a whore, should she not be called a whore? If a man is acting like a pure jerk, shouldn't he be called a jerk?
What is you guideline for calling a spade a spade, Scruffy?

I agree, but this is Colorado, where everyone ACTS nice,

But i'm not from Colorado, so when you starting acting like a redneck peckerwood, i'm gonna call you on it. Ok Nymisis?

23 Nov 2010 18:00 #43 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Personal Insults

major bean wrote: If someone lies, should they not be called a liar? What is the harm? If someone is trying to be dense, should they not be called dense? If someone is trying to be ignorant, shouldn't they be called ignorant? Why let someone use these tricks as a debate tool and not be called to task for it?
If a woman has a bastard kid, what is the harm in saying that her kid is a bastard? If a woman is a whore, should she not be called a whore? If a man is acting like a pure jerk, shouldn't he be called a jerk?
What is you guideline for calling a spade a spade, Scruffy?

You're still sore about that other thread, aren't you? For the record, I never try to be dense, I never am willingly ignorant (I hope) and I try to not lie. You may think otherwise.

Also for the record, I am not a bastard nor am I a whore, although I am considering that profession as a way to get out of this Bush recession.

The kind of insults you are talking about are rightly labeled. If someone is dense, they can be called dense. But how do you know for sure? Perhaps they are only asking a question for clarification on something that seems clear to you?

Anyhow, the insults I'm talking about are:

Frustrated libtards like archer will spend their Thanksgiving passing through the TSA check points then exiting the secure area and returning to the TSA over and over like it was an E ticket ride. "Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me "

Chlamydia infested brains

I hear can hear the *stupidity* in her posts.

These are hardly constructive.

23 Nov 2010 18:09 #44 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Personal Insults
I don't think that the Terms of Service dictate that all posts have to be constructive Scruffy. There is fun to be had everywhere in this site, not all people who visit it are thrilled with the contentious nature of the Courthouse and/or the Ring, by any means.

The truth, as I see it, is that the Courthouse and the Ring are fun or mostly fun until the attacks come. Nobody likes to be attacked, but it happens on here, and you are forewarned in the terms of service that it may or will occur if you participate.

I read these quotes you just posted and wonder why you are complaining since neither of them were directed at you. If someone wants to complain about something posted, I might point out the button on each post that says, report post.

23 Nov 2010 18:09 #45 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Personal Insults

Scruffy wrote: You're still sore about that other thread, aren't you?

Not at all. I do not get "sore" about online stuff.

Scruffy wrote: Also for the record, I am not a bastard nor am I a whore, although I am considering that profession as a way to get out of this Bush recession.

That was cute, Scruffy, but I was not saying that you are a bastard or a whore. But I see the humor.

Scruffy wrote: The kind of insults you are talking about are rightly labeled. If someone is dense, they can be called dense. But how do you know for sure?

High probability/possibility.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Nov 2010 18:11 #46 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Personal Insults
archer, you need to check my posts, what I said about someone wishing you to die. I was very clear about it, so there are a few consers who thought it was wrong what was said.

23 Nov 2010 18:14 #47 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Personal Insults
Hey, just wanted to say.... Some people like the name calling thing and that is reserved for the ring. We try to keep the courthouse open to real discussion. We can also move some posts to the ring from a courthouse discussion and have a ring version. We like to have a place where we can have both. The ring can be fun and for me I love having a place where I can say whatever I want.

23 Nov 2010 18:14 #48 by UNDER MODERATION

Nmysys wrote: There is fun to be had everywhere in this site, not all people who visit it are thrilled with the contentious nature of the Courthouse and/or the Ring, by any means.

Hey Nymisis, this is America..I'll be me, and you can be you, thats the great thing about this country- so quit tellin people how they should be

Facist

23 Nov 2010 18:15 #49 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: Hey, just wanted to say.... Some people like the name calling thing and that is reserved for the ring. We try to keep the courthouse open to real discussion. We can also move some posts to the ring from a courthouse discussion and have a ring version. We like to have a place where we can have both. The ring can be fun and for me I love having a place where I can say whatever I want.

well said CG

23 Nov 2010 18:20 #50 by JusSayin
Replied by JusSayin on topic Personal Insults
VL is your wife posting for you again?

And what is this...apology Tuesday?

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds