Just to set the record straight

05 Dec 2010 15:01 #1 by JMC
I hate bringing up the same old. I will make this simple.

We are for profit ( as is PC) . We are honest about it and really try.
Our viewers matter.
We are business friendly, we want our business community ( paid or not ) to thrive.
We have as part of our mission to give back to the community
We will provide our volunteers a tangible part of any success

We want to provide opportunities for other communities to have the advantage of our and PC's experience.

I may be jerk sometimes but aren't we all. I have no commitment to be consistent, just the best i can be.
I will honestly answer any questions the gallery wants to present.

Open forum, Bring it on. any and all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2010 15:12 #2 by outdoor338
I see nothing wrong in making a profit, who cares what anyone says. I hope 285 does well. I enjoy being a member here and will tell others about 285 Bound. Keep up the good work!

05 Dec 2010 15:19 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight
Thread Locked! Cowards. I invite Itsme and bad music to continue the conversation here.

05 Dec 2010 15:57 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight
Jeez, I leave for an hour and all hell breaks loose. LOL.

05 Dec 2010 16:03 #5 by outdoor338
CG, is this a private fight? Should I back out of the courthouse room, and let Jim take care of business? Just wondering.. :VeryScared:

05 Dec 2010 16:06 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Trust me, you don't want to know what I think on this. I, of course, have an opinion.

05 Dec 2010 16:09 #7 by CinnamonGirl

outdoor338 wrote: CG, is this a private fight? Should I back out of the courthouse room, and let Jim take care of business? Just wondering.. :VeryScared:

Don't be scared. Our policy has been the same from the beginning. Let's talk it out. Jim said bring it, let's do it.

05 Dec 2010 16:50 #8 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight
This is the post that closed the thread

"I have tried to stay away but how do I let total misrepresentations go unanswered.
285b was attacked by a PC BOD member in his resignation letter that did not involve 285b.
We responded in a private email to correct the facts, That email was posted contrary to the PC TOS.
I will address these ridiculous accusations from ITSME and "bad music" only on [url=http://www.285bound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.285bound.com[/url]. since if I respond here I am accused of exploiting PC. See you there."

And the response I recieved

"Both of your replies to the resignation thread in the Living room have been removed for reveiw. Please refrain from posting, your posts are deemed baiting, towards another member, may also be a violation of our advertising guidelines and other ToS violations. Please heed this warning as your posting future is in your hands."

Keep in mind we never initiated any of this. Why won't they let their members see this to discuss it, in an adult manner, is beyond me. I have about given up, and I invite "itsme" and "bad music" to continue a rational discussion here, since they wouldn't let me reply to it on PC.

05 Dec 2010 17:06 #9 by jf1acai

I, of course, have an opinion.

Really? Who'd a thunk it? :rofl

Personally, I would like to see the bickering among PC and other local sites stop, and each site be free to do what they do best without interference, and even with encouragement, from the others.

However, I have wanted to see that since 2002, so I don't have a lot of hope for it. :wink:

But, I am a firm believer in the value of communications, and I think that the open communications opportunity provided here on 285bound, if utilized, is the best chance of accomplishing this that I have seen, and I applaud the attempt.

I would like to see this thread expanded into an explanation of each site, so that users would have a better idea of why each exists and what it offers.

IMO, there is a need for each of the several sites here, and no reason to disparage any of them. If they aren't your 'cup of tea', leave them alone and move on.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

05 Dec 2010 17:07 #10 by Nmysys
It is apparent that there will NOT be a rational discussion here or there!

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds