Just to set the record straight

06 Dec 2010 17:54 #51 by Sunshine Girl

Joe wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Lets not get carried away now..I think all the 285 road improvments or possibly the new King Soopers are the best things...

Lets stay on topic please. Several unrelated posts here have been removed. Further disruptive behavior will result in this thread being locked, a spanking, and no pudding after supper for you. :)

Regards,
Sheriff Roscoe and Boss Hog

Spankings?????? PC never offered me those. This board rocks!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2010 18:05 #52 by Something the Dog Said

BearMtnHIB wrote: The topic over on PC is now locked - for good I guess. I guess the mods thought that everything that needed to be said has been said.

So I'm going to post my opinion here in this thread, because I know it won't be locked - and my opinion and the time I spent giving it won't be deleted.

At one time - there were dozens of companies in this country making buggy whips. One by one the demand for buggy whips slowly declined - until there was only one company left making buggy whips. Even though they were a monopoly - that last company also saw their business slowly deminish, because buggy whips were on their way out all together.

This is what is happining to PC. The latest resignation letter is a big one I think - and the thread about it turned into a cryfest of "bye now - thanks for all your help" and the secondary drama of this web site or PC and who gives the money to who and for what.

I think the BOD at PC has skillfully diverted the subject - they have not addressed why the main technical support volunteer quit! Usually - in a corporation - the crap hits the fan when somthing as big as this happens. Heads roll.

"They have shown they are willing to bring those fine qualities to the table in the hopes of making Pinecam a safe, enjoyable, cyber place where we can visit with neighbors"

Some people enjoy coming here for the "safety" of it. They feel comfortable in knowing they can post here & won't be bashed, baited, taunted & bullied.
They really don't enjoy created chaos, vicious lashings and other toxic behavior.
Some people thrive in it.
So be it- that's ok-
there's enough bandwidth for everyone.

The above quotes were taken from a BOD member in that locked thread - it is basically the stance that the PC BOD has taken all along. What they are not realizing, is that the policy and attitude stated above in those quotes has created much of the problems they face today.

In their efforts to over moderate PC "in the hopes of making Pinecam a safe, enjoyable, cyber place where we can visit with neighbors" - they have indeed PISSED OFF A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE!!

All the people who were BANNED, DELETED, CENSORED, EDITED and just flat out harassed - are leaving. If they want to continue down the same road, don't expect anything to change. It will continue to errode - as it has, and nothing will be any different. They are losing one member at a time, sick of the crap for one reason or another.

What I don't hear them say in that thread --- is that we hear you! We hear you and we hear your concerns. We will be changing policy to stop the bleeding. We can have a section of the web site for "safety" - but we also need a part of the site where the community can debate without being harassed by the moderators. We need to stop censoring content - because discussion like tax topics are too important to just delete from the community.

They have not heard the message. I see no change in policy. In a company where the BOD were accountable to shareholders - heads would roll, the PC BOD are accountable to no-one, if they can't see the concerns of their own members.

One thing that I attempted to change, and failed at, was limiting the terms of board members, including myself. I believe that while having continuity is good, it also makes policies and bad feelings linger that could quietly expire as situations changed. Term limits were called for by Pinecam's own founder, Wayne Harrison, and rebuffed by the Board repeatedly over time. I also called for the resignation of the two longest-term members of the board whom I feel have alienated a number of the community (though they are well regarded by others).

New blood helps an organization thrive. I failed in this endeavor. My vote of no confidence was that they needed to resign, or I would. Apparently, they felt they were more necessary to the future of Pinecam than I. In the past, I've talked people into joining the Pinecam Board, and talked them OUT of LEAVING the Board (some successfully, some not). Now it's my turn to leave.

I want to emphasize one sentence.....

" I believe that while having continuity is good, it also makes policies and bad feelings linger that could quietly expire as situations changed"

And there you have it folks! The policy and bad feelings just linger - because they will refuse to change. And as the "situation changes" for PC, as they bleed themselves dry - were just glad we have THIS web site - because it is what Pinecam could be - and should strive to be, open and willing to accept everyone's opinion - without locking, editing, deleting, censoring, or moderating it.

The mods have gone overboard - trying to create a "a safe, enjoyable, cyber place where we can visit with neighbors". Now you see the mess you have created in the name of "safe and enjoyable" - it's not safe or enjoyable. Like someone else has stated so well - competition is what makes the free market thrive.

I can't debate any topics over there anymore. The nannies will delete it - censor it, edit it, moderate it until the discussion is worthless. That's why I just stick to "safe" stuff!

Thanks to 285bound for providing what PC is missing - a community website where important debate and discussion can take place.

And if you keep the open policy - it'll be THIS web site - that becomes the most popular, because as PC loses one member at a time, 285bound.com will be gaining one member at a time.

What is the policy for term limits for the BOD on this site?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

06 Dec 2010 18:08 #53 by Sunshine Girl
Confession: I MIGHT have "stirred the pot" just a wee bit the other night on PC even though I'm banned. Whew, I'm glad to get that off my chest. My apologies if I upset anyone. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

06 Dec 2010 18:27 #54 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Just to set the record straight

The initial intention of the thread was.......

Just another point, the last remark in the locked thread was a good example of the arrogance. WTF? Who are the mods to decide what the intent of the OP was? Amazing.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Dec 2010 18:40 #55 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight

What is the policy for term limits for the BOD on this site?

We have owners and do not have a BOD. Term limits only if we sell or fail I guess.

06 Dec 2010 19:12 #56 by jf1acai

We have owners and do not have a BOD.

Hmmmm, I think Cin does have a bod.... <evil grin>

I'm not interested in yours, JMC :Whistle

(where is the 'slap my fingers' smiley? :wink: )

:lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Dec 2010 19:20 #57 by Sunshine Girl

jf1acai wrote:

We have owners and do not have a BOD.

Hmmmm, I think Cin does have a bod.... <evil grin>

I'm not interested in yours, JMC :Whistle

(where is the 'slap my fingers' smiley? :wink: )

:lol:

Frisky! :pop

06 Dec 2010 19:25 #58 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight
SC, maybe we should talk about setting the record straight.

06 Dec 2010 19:58 #59 by jf1acai
:nocommment:

:popcorn:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Dec 2010 20:02 #60 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight
How dd you guys turn this thread into a sex discussion? This was a highfalutin philosophical discourse.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds