BREAKING: Rep Giffords (D-AZ) shot in head point-blank

08 Jan 2011 12:11 - 08 Jan 2011 13:05 #1 by LadyJazzer

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona reportedly shot
Multiple injuries reported in shooting outside Tucson grocery store

U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head while holding a public event in Tucson, National Public Radio reported Saturday.

Other news agencies reported up to 11 other people had been injured after an unidentified gunman ran up and began shooting indiscriminately as Giffords addressed supporters.

Giffords was shot point blank in the head, according to Fox News.

Giffords, who was re-elected to her third term in November, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner" event at the Safeway in northwest Tucson, NPR reported.

The gunman was in custody, according to media reports.

Giffords, 40, a Democrat, is married to U.S. astronaut Mark Kelly. She took office in January 2007, emphasizing issues such as immigration reform, embryonic stem-cell research, alternative energy sources and a higher minimum wage.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40978517/ns/politics/

I am without words.... The piece-of-slime that did this is beneath contempt... Hmmmmm.... Who, in Arizona, would shoot a Democrat in the head that they didn't agree with over things like health-care legislation, immigration reform legislation, embryonic stem-cell research .....

I will personally drop the dime on this pond-scum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 12:15 #2 by outdoor338
LJ, you beat me to it..wow, I hope she is going to make it..the sob who shot her should get taken out to the woodshed and _________ fill in your own blank. Prayers for her and the others wounded!

08 Jan 2011 12:16 #3 by LadyJazzer
I'll pause here for the usual "It probably wasn't a teabagging, right-wing, gun-toting neo-nazi slimebag" responses....

08 Jan 2011 12:19 #4 by LadyJazzer
UPDATE: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., has died after being shot in the head - NPR

08 Jan 2011 12:26 #5 by archer
Phoenix news reports that 6 others also died.....what a horrible, horrible crime.

08 Jan 2011 12:26 #6 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: I'll pause here for the usual "It probably wasn't a teabagging, right-wing, gun-toting neo-nazi slimebag" responses....

Looney Jerk, you're a sad commentary of the left.

Prayers for the Gifford and Kelly family. It's a sad day in America.

08 Jan 2011 12:30 #7 by outdoor338
Out of those killed was a child, that's all I know at this time..

08 Jan 2011 12:32 #8 by LadyJazzer
Mixed reports now that 5 are confirmed dead, and that the Congresswoman is clinging to life right now, but no suggestion on whether she will make it or not.

08 Jan 2011 12:33 #9 by outdoor338
several media outlets claim she has passed away...

08 Jan 2011 12:35 - 08 Jan 2011 13:09 #10 by Residenttroll returns
All major news outlets are reporting the passing of Rep. Gifford. Three staffers shot. Six reportedly killed. Pima County sheriff have a suspect. Witness say the suspect is in his early twenties.

UPDATE: Gifford is alive and in surgery. 1:09 p.m. MST Saturday

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds