BREAKING: Rep Giffords (D-AZ) shot in head point-blank

09 Jan 2011 21:09 #151 by archer
I don't think he represented any group either....though he had references to some pretty strange websites and groups in his ramblings. I have to go with the sheriff on this one....he has stated that the vitriolic atmosphere in this last election has led to increased violence against elected officials in his county. This is not the first "attack" on the congresswoman, her headquarters were targeted with an attack after she won the election. This is a republican district that has elected her year after year, because she was well liked and well respected in her district in spite of her affiliation as a democrat. Then along comes this last election, where she was "targeted" by the tea party as being in the "crosshairs" and the sheriff does not appreciate what that atmosphere has done to his county and to the previously cordial relations between the parties there. You can say he's wrong, and maybe he is, but it's his country and I think he has taken the pulse of what the rhetoric of the last election has fostered in his county.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2011 21:54 #152 by FredHayek
Silver lining? With how accesible our Congress people are, these assasination attempts are still quite rare, decades since we have seen one. I believe the last Congressman to be shot and killed in office was the California rep who was killed by Jim Jones' goons in Guyana.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds