BREAKING: Rep Giffords (D-AZ) shot in head point-blank

09 Jan 2011 18:40 #141 by navycpo7
LJ you need to go research this guy, he has nothing to do with any party, he distrusts government, is a loner, even invented his own currency. He even got a thank you letter from the Congresswoman for attending some of her other little gatherings in 2007. DAM PEOPLE, you have turned a very sad situation into some BULLSH** political arguing. This is about a nutjob going off the deep end and deciding he was going to kill someone that day. That simple. Research it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2011 18:41 #142 by jf1acai
And of course the fact that there is no evidence to link him to this group, nor to show this group is anti-Semitic, is irrelevant.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jan 2011 19:29 - 09 Jan 2011 19:47 #143 by LadyJazzer

"TPN founder Judson Phillips, in an article linked off the e-mail 'The shooting of Gabrielle Giffords and the left's attack on the Tea Party movement,' described the shooter as 'a leftist lunatic' and Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik as a 'leftist sheriff' who 'was one of the first to start in on the liberal attack.' Phillips urged tea party supporters to blame liberals for the attack on centrist Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona, who was shot through the head and is now fighting for her life, as a means of defending the tea party movement's recent electoral gains."

Wow...Sounds just like the drivel that's been spouted here by the right... I guess you guys know where to go to get your responses... When all else fails, "attack the libs".... And, in usual Righty fashion, if you repeat it often enough that "he was a lib", you actually think people will start to believe it... NOT THIS TIME.

Since Nmysys already posted that email in its entirety, I guess no link is necessary, huh?

:Koolaid: :Koolaid: :Koolaid: :bash :bash :bash

"Sheriff Dupnik: 'We [Arizona] Have Become The Mecca For Prejudice & Bigotry'

09 Jan 2011 19:38 #144 by LadyJazzer

Jared Loughner YouTube Videos, MySpace Suggest Alleged Shooter May Have Ties To Hate Group

WASHINGTON -- Jared Lee Loughner, the alleged shooter of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others on Saturday, may have ties to anti-Semitic, anti-immigration hate group American Renaissance, according to a leaked memo from the Department of Homeland Security.

It's unclear whether Loughner maintains a direct connection to the group, however, "strong suspicion is being directed" at American Renaissance in the wake of the group being referenced in Loughner's Myspace and YouTube videos, according to the memo, which was obtained by Fox News .

American Renaissance is a white nationalist group that operates under a pseudo think tank called the New Century Foundation. The group runs a magazine and conferences based on eugenics and the superiority of whites, according to Southern Poverty Law Center.

The group considers its members to be "racial-realists," according to an "About Us" section on the American Renaissance magazine website. "Attempts to gloss over the significance of race or even to deny its reality only make problems worse," the group writes. "Progress requires the study of all aspects of race, whether historical, cultural, or biological. This approach is known as race realism."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/0 ... 06370.html

09 Jan 2011 20:04 #145 by archer
I saw on Dateline tonight that the now infamous Baptist church that protests soldiers funerals is planning on protesting at the funerals of the victims yesterday......how can they live with themselves? Is this what religion has become in this country?

09 Jan 2011 20:07 #146 by LadyJazzer
Yes... Disgusting isn't it?

Insert standard "They aren't REAL Christians" comments here: _______________________________

09 Jan 2011 20:24 #147 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes... Disgusting isn't it?

Insert standard "They aren't REAL Christians" comments here: _______________________________

Here's a few simple questions I know you will never answer:

If this nutjob was a Muslim, would you be trying to connect him to all Muslims? If not, why do you try to connect one nut to Christians, or conservatives? Do you really think the these very large groups of people have a propensity for murder? Any more than Muslims?

You can't have it both ways.....but spin it as you will.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Jan 2011 20:28 #148 by LadyJazzer
You should try reading what I wrote, and not what you think I said...

I did not try to connect this nutjob to Christians... My response was in response to Archer:

archer wrote: I saw on Dateline tonight that the now infamous Baptist church that protests soldiers funerals is planning on protesting at the funerals of the victims yesterday......how can they live with themselves? Is this what religion has become in this country?

Please try to keep up.

And Muslims have no part of this event, this situation, or this conversation... Feel free to start your own thread if you'd like to start an irrelevant thread about muslims attempting to assassinate Democrats.

09 Jan 2011 20:36 #149 by jf1acai
IMO he does not represent ANY group, be they liberal, conservative, Christian, Muslim, atheist, nudists, librarians, sanitation workers, etc.

I feel that the attempts to discredit any of these groups as a result of this tragedy are despicable.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jan 2011 20:45 #150 by daisypusher

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds