BREAKING: Rep Giffords (D-AZ) shot in head point-blank

08 Jan 2011 14:34 #51 by CinnamonGirl
This is horrible, and now the fear is going to really start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 14:39 #52 by LadyJazzer

CinnamonGirl wrote: LadyJazzer, as a poster (nothing else) your comments about conservatives is uncalled for. You cannot lump all conservatives in to sick, shooting, hateful murderers. There is no reason to use something like this as fuel for something unrelated.

This is horrible.

Sorry, CG... How many conservative politicians can you think of who were shot/attacked by liberals? For the violence against liberals by right-wingers, off the top of my head, I can think of Harvey Milk, Mayor Moscone, Rep Giffords, John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, (okay, he wasn't an elected politician), liberal talk-show host, Alan Berg (Denver)...and that's if you don't count abortion providers like George Tiller, David Gunn, Dr. Slepian....etc.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head... How many conservatives can you think of?

Yeah, it IS horrible.... And I'm p*ssed....

08 Jan 2011 14:44 #53 by CinnamonGirl
Direct your anger at the person that did it. No decent human being is in favor of anyone being shot. Please just understand that.

This is awful. I am guessing you are talking about gun control. Just because some believe that gun control just make criminals have guns without control does not mean they want to shoot people.

Just like people that believe in abortion are called murderers. I am sure liberals don't like that. It is the same thing in my eyes.

I do want to say I understand how upsetting this is for you. It is just the worst.......

08 Jan 2011 14:48 #54 by LadyJazzer
No, I'm NOT talking about "gun control".... (I have one...And thanks to some of the extremists on this site, and that "other site", I make sure that I always have it nearby when I'm at home...)

I'm talking about "CONSERVATIVE control"...not "gun-control." I just hope that the next retarded degenerate who shows up at a political rally with a gun on his hip to "prove a point" ends up in a bleeding heap...

08 Jan 2011 14:53 #55 by CinnamonGirl
You think this had to do with that? I disagree with open carry. Just FYI.

Everyone agrees this is a horrible tragedy. What do you believe would have prevented this?

08 Jan 2011 14:59 - 08 Jan 2011 15:21 #56 by LadyJazzer
In this era of political polarization and violence against liberal politicians; with the nutjob militias, and the neocon hatred, the only thing I can think of that would prevent it is to start assigning armed undercover security details to Democratic congress-people and officials, with orders to "shoot-to-kill" any moron that approaches with a gun...whether open-carry or not. Perhaps if they mow a few of them down before they can assassinate someone, it might slow the rest of them down.

Obviously, we don't need to do it for Republican congress-people...They're in no danger.

08 Jan 2011 15:08 #57 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: In this era of political polarization and violence against liberal politicians; the nutjob militias, and the neocon hatred, the only thing I can think of that would prevent it is to start assigning armed undercover security details to Democratic congress-people and officials, with orders to "shoot-to-kill" any moron that approaches with a gun...whether open-carry or not. Perhaps if they mow a few of them down before they can assassinate someone, it might slow the rest of them down.

Obviously, we don't need to do it for Republican congress-people...They're in no danger.

You left out radical Muslims.

08 Jan 2011 15:11 #58 by LadyJazzer
I was asked "what would have prevented this." I don't recall any radical muslims participating in assassination attempts on Democratic or Republican Congress-people. If you have a source, post it...Otherwise, go start your own thread about "radical muslim violence against U.S. politicians."

08 Jan 2011 15:14 #59 by Nmysys
One of the last phrases attributed to the shooter who is being called a nut case, was " No, I won't Trust in God".

It seems to me those are the words of an Atheist or Agnostic, not of the Religious Right or Left.

I am not pointing this out to create any additional hatred or controversy, just to point out the state of mind of this shooter.

Lets not use this forum to create further speculation. He is not an illegal immigrant nor is he any of the vile comments that LJ has thrown out here.

We have about 310 Million people in this country and not all are mentally stable. It seems to me that our Homeland Security Dept. should become better aware of these type of people instead of the priorities they seem to have.

08 Jan 2011 15:20 - 08 Jan 2011 15:34 #60 by LadyJazzer
If you've got a source for that phrase, other than WorldNutDaily, FauxNews, NewsMax, ad nauseum, post it. Otherwise, I'll assume it's your usual bullcrap vacuous assumption.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds