BREAKING: Rep Giffords (D-AZ) shot in head point-blank

08 Jan 2011 13:58 #41 by The Viking
Judge Roll had recieved many threats as he presided over a ruling that allowed illegal immigrants to sue a rancher for $32 million. They thought he would stop it but he allowed it to go through. He was a Bush appointee but ticked off a lot of anti illegal imigrant people by allowing them to sue a rancher for protecting himself and his land.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 13:58 #42 by outdoor338
I hope that the news conference at 6:00 PM can give us more details, way to many different accounts of shooting...gunman 22 year old Jerry laudner (SP)??..just released..

08 Jan 2011 14:05 #43 by The Viking
The doctor just said they are very optomistic about her recovery.

08 Jan 2011 14:05 #44 by LadyJazzer
Giffords out of surgery, now in ICU... Prognosis is "cautiously optimistic."

A 9-year-old girl confirmed dead at the hospital.

Five others in critical condition and still in surgery.

(They still haven't said if there are others that were confirmed dead-at-the-scene that are not included in the number.)

08 Jan 2011 14:06 #45 by archer
I think, from listening to the news his name is Jared Lautner....or laudner.....no hints on why he shot her.....perhaps we will find out more later. I hope so, in many ways Phoenix is a city in a tinderbox, economics, illegal immigration, housing woes, warring political sides, have everyone on edge here....it wouldn't take much to set this town off.

08 Jan 2011 14:10 #46 by The Dude
Maybe Palin will have enough class to take Rep Giffords name off her list of politicians in crosshairs? Probably not!

Very tragic!! My thoughts go out to all those involved as well as their families.

08 Jan 2011 14:26 #47 by CinnamonGirl
LadyJazzer, as a poster (nothing else) your comments about conservatives is uncalled for. You cannot lump all conservatives in to sick, shooting, hateful murderers. There is no reason to use something like this as fuel for something unrelated.

This is horrible.

08 Jan 2011 14:30 #48 by LadyJazzer
Yes, that was such a classy comment:

Dem lawmaker takes exception with Palin 'reload' comment
By Jordan Fabian - 03/24/10

Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.) doesn't appreciate a remark made by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) that used gun imagery.

Palin tweeted Tuesday about the passage of the healthcare reform bill into law:

Commonsense Conservatives & lovers of America: "Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!" Pls see my Facebook page.

The New York Democrat responded Wednesday, ripping the comment:

Reload? @SarahPalinUSA Is your choice of words inciteful or ignorant?

Palin's "reload" comment came at a time when several Democratic lawmakers who voted for the healthcare bill have received personal threats to their personal safety. Palin has not condoned the incidents.

08 Jan 2011 14:32 #49 by The Viking
They just confirmed that the judge did die. Sad....

08 Jan 2011 14:34 #50 by The Viking
So how did he get off at least 19 shots unless it was an automatic weapon? Why wasn't he tackled right away? And one guy did take out a gun and shoot back at him. I am hoping for his sake that his bullet did not hit anyone else. But if more had guns on them, then maybe they could have shot him before he got off more than a few shots.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds