Looks like...

23 May 2010 09:39 #71 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Looks like...
Wayne, Thanks for the information. Right now I will leave it at being logged out. I do not foresee a reason for me to go back there.

It's so much fun reading the enthusiasm everyone is exhibiting. So this is what Pinecam used to be like. No wonder all the long time posters yearned for the old days. This feels like family. Enthusiasm is contagious. All sorts of ideas are flowing all around us. I'll have to find my niche too. RIght now I feel a little useless and non contributing given my work obligations, but I see my lovely Sunshine is casting rays for us. What a precious gal. :heart:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2010 10:00 #72 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Looks like...

WayneHarrison wrote: That's a thing the admin has to do in the control panel. As I recall, I set it so a user couldn't delete their own account in order not lose members when we were first starting. An admin CAN go in and manually delete an account, however.

Do the posts delete? I wouldn't want that.

23 May 2010 10:01 #73 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Looks like...

Rockdoc wrote: Wayne, Thanks for the information. Right now I will leave it at being logged out. I do not foresee a reason for me to go back there.

It's so much fun reading the enthusiasm everyone is exhibiting. So this is what Pinecam used to be like. No wonder all the long time posters yearned for the old days. This feels like family. Enthusiasm is contagious. All sorts of ideas are flowing all around us. I'll have to find my niche too. RIght now I feel a little useless and non contributing given my work obligations, but I see my lovely Sunshine is casting rays for us. What a precious gal. :heart:

Awww thanks baby! It does seem like family. I love all the positive energy! :biggrin: :sunshine:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 May 2010 10:16 #74 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic Looks like...
I do not have the view MAM has, but I do have a webcam that has been put in place for a year or so. http://pinedust.com/webcam2.php or http://pinedust.com/webcam.php for a single image.
I use it to see if snow is accumulating mostly, but I always find deer and a squirrel at the bird feeder. I don't think the picture is too bad considering it is a very cheap Logitech webcam looking through a dirty window. I wrote the script to capture the image, resize it, clean it up a little, and put some text on it.

23 May 2010 10:27 #75 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Looks like...
To avoid an unneeded traffic load to individual cameras, I would suggest a tech person come up with a script to pull the images and store them on the 285Bound server and show them from there. Or, as the case of ConquerCam (a webcam software utility), the image could be ftp'd to the 285Bound server.

23 May 2010 10:27 #76 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Looks like...
Hey, we will add this to the links page. With your permission.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

23 May 2010 10:33 #77 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Looks like...
Those pix look great, Dusty! Not surprising, coming from you :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 May 2010 10:35 #78 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Looks like...
You can delete a user without deleting all their posts. You can delete all the posts without deleting a user. You can disable an account but delete all the posts, you can disable an account and delete all the posts. You can do it anyway you want.

23 May 2010 10:37 #79 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Looks like...

pacamom wrote: You can disable an account but delete all the posts, you can disable an account and delete all the posts.

If you disable an account and delete all the posts TWICE, does that bring them back?

(Your post reminded me of that scene in Forest Gump, about the ways to cook shrimp.) :biggrin:

23 May 2010 10:52 #80 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic Looks like...
I'm using a bash script in linux with fswebcam to grab the image, imagemagick to resize, clean up, and add text, and sftp to put the image on the web server. I have a cron job that does this every 5 minutes. I would be happy to share it if someone wants it.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds