New Users

24 May 2010 03:10 - 10 Dec 2014 13:25 #101 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic New Users

Royal Yoga wrote: I am all for forgiveness, but also for caution. As long as everyone knows who they are I am fine with it, but I didn't like that they all were anonymous at PC which gave them all the freedom to do whatever they wanted. You are right, hopefully a good example will show them that there is a better way.

Hi,

Welcome to our new site and thought this would help you understand our policies on moderation.

If you don’t moderate your forum, it is likely to be overwhelmed with spam – this is the primary reason why we ensure all the forums have some degree of moderation. And it takes volunteers and time to do that.

The vision and mission of this site is to bring the community together and have a special place to do that. We also hope to build a model for other communities as well. We moderate only to protect our members and the site from harm. So most of that moderation will be for spam and people looking to disrupt the site. The forums need regular maintenance and we view moderation more as keeping the site running. Any rules will be for that purpose.

We have done extensive research how how to do this and we will tweak things as time goes along. Basically, members need to be responsible for their own posts we don't take responsibility for what people say. But we have a few rules to keep the site running smoothly. We welcome your input and it is appreciated.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 03:20 #102 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic New Users
Let me add my own personal welcome LJ. Good to see familiar people. I know I have not met you in person, but apparently you and Sunshine know one another, so it won't be log and we'll meet.

24 May 2010 05:17 #103 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic New Users
Actually, I don't think I've ever met her face-to-face either...But I've certainly followed her posts and "history" on that other site.

Alas, I work in a job right now that keeps me away from my home, (generally in other states) for far too long, and I don't get to schmooze and hang out with friends from the area as often as I'd like. Now, (thanks to a promotion), I'm being transferred to yet another state for the next 5 years. It's a bit further from home, but I still get to come back for holidays and long weekends from time to time. In 5 years, I'll be retiring and then I can sit on the deck and hang out with Conifer/Bailey folks a LOT more often. So, sooner or later, we WILL meet.

It looks like the next picnic/event is being planned for early August, and since I generally only get to come home on weekends that involve holidays, (i.e., July 4th this year, Labor Day, etc.) it looks like I won't be able to make this one either. But sooner or later....

Thanks for the welcome!

LJ

24 May 2010 06:04 #104 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic New Users
LJ......does that mean you are not in Santa Fe any longer? Congrats on the promotion! :thumbsup:

24 May 2010 06:17 #105 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic New Users
Correct... I leave Santa Fe on the 9th to take over a much bigger project in another state. (I'll have a staff of 23 as opposed to a staff of 9-10...And a budget of about $30-million!) So, it's definitely a promotion..of sorts... ;-)

The downside is that it's farther from home...But I can deal with it--for 5 years...

24 May 2010 18:44 #106 by BuyersAgent1
Replied by BuyersAgent1 on topic New Users
I'd very much like to thank those who welcomed me to this site and also inform fellow posters that I am not a PC moderator.
Life is so funny: When I was younger, everybody told me "you'll be 40 anyway" and encouraged me to go to law school. When I got older, people came up to me and said, "I sure hope you're not an atty because I need real help." lol
Not an atty either, so Have No Fear. lol
Love your emoticons and will be checking in to see your progress. ***BEST LUCK!!!*** and thanks again,
From Kathy

24 May 2010 18:57 #107 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic New Users

LadyJazzer wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: Welcome Lady Jazzer! :sunshine:

HiYa, Sunshine!

:heart: :Welcome :grouphug:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

24 May 2010 19:00 #108 by Sunshine Girl

BuyersAgent wrote: I'd very much like to thank those who welcomed me to this site and also inform fellow posters that I am not a PC moderator.
Life is so funny: When I was younger, everybody told me "you'll be 40 anyway" and encouraged me to go to law school. When I got older, people came up to me and said, "I sure hope you're not an atty because I need real help." lol
Not an atty either, so Have No Fear. lol
Love your emoticons and will be checking in to see your progress. ***BEST LUCK!!!*** and thanks again,
From Kathy

Welcome Kathy! Sorry to hear about PC. You'll love it here! :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

24 May 2010 19:01 #109 by Sunshine Girl

LadyJazzer wrote: Actually, I don't think I've ever met her face-to-face either...But I've certainly followed her posts and "history" on that other site.

Alas, I work in a job right now that keeps me away from my home, (generally in other states) for far too long, and I don't get to schmooze and hang out with friends from the area as often as I'd like. Now, (thanks to a promotion), I'm being transferred to yet another state for the next 5 years. It's a bit further from home, but I still get to come back for holidays and long weekends from time to time. In 5 years, I'll be retiring and then I can sit on the deck and hang out with Conifer/Bailey folks a LOT more often. So, sooner or later, we WILL meet.

It looks like the next picnic/event is being planned for early August, and since I generally only get to come home on weekends that involve holidays, (i.e., July 4th this year, Labor Day, etc.) it looks like I won't be able to make this one either. But sooner or later....

Thanks for the welcome!

LJ

We did meet at Sweet Fanny Adams when I was with Ed. You were playing that night and you were FANTASTIC!!!!!!

24 May 2010 19:29 #110 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic New Users
Welcome Buyers Agent! I think you will love this site and the people here. There are so many familiar names here.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds