New Users

24 May 2010 19:50 - 24 May 2010 19:58 #111 by BuyersAgent1
Replied by BuyersAgent1 on topic New Users
I wouldn't want anyone to think I had a bad experience with PC, but rather, I got confused and concerned about what seemed to be repetitive complaints by other members. Since I spend a lot of time doing other things, I wasn't able to form an opinion about the validity of the complaints made, but only about their seemingly repeated (and sometimes very insistently stated) elements, and didn't want to seem unresponsive to community issues one way or the other. Rather than try to resolve confusing concerns I wasn't sure I understood very well, it was more "my style" to distance myself from them, which in turn wasn't terribly helpful either, I'll admit.
In any event, I'm positively impressed that the foundation for your efforts seems to be a respectful management of various differing viewpoints, and appreciate your starting the site on that premise since it's one of my personal aspirations to be better balanced overall. I think this is an especially important aspiration during times such as this, when all the headlines leave us with headaches and the wind is making kindling out of the front yard.
I've many friends posting on PC and don't want to make a choice, but an addition (Facebook is a little over my head, especially lately). I'm gratified at the welcome that other mods and former mods have received here! In exchange, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm "snooping" as I read was suspected by some posters, and that was why I volunteered that I'm not able to access the private pages nor add to them in any way. As I said, the thing that impressed me the most was the depth of feeling some people had about their PC experience so I didn't want to add to their concerns.
In candor, I will also add for the sake of that "balance thing" that I think at some point, the sponsors of this site will have to cross the same bridges as those faced on PC, and then there will (it's hoped) be a healing within the community about some of the concerns raised.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 19:57 #112 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic New Users
BA, Great to see you here. We are an inclusive site everyone is welcome including any one from other websites. I think you will find the atmosphere welcoming and you let us know if you need anything. We also welcome any input.
:Welcome

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

24 May 2010 20:02 #113 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic New Users
BA , please tell your friends it does not have to be a choice, have fun with both!

24 May 2010 20:23 #114 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic New Users

BuyersAgent wrote: I wouldn't want anyone to think I had a bad experience with PC, but rather, I got confused and concerned about what seemed to be repetitive complaints by other members. Since I spend a lot of time doing other things, I wasn't able to form an opinion about the validity of the complaints made, but only about their seemingly repeated (and sometimes very insistently stated) elements, and didn't want to seem unresponsive to community issues one way or the other. Rather than try to resolve confusing concerns I wasn't sure I understood very well, it was more "my style" to distance myself from them, which in turn wasn't terribly helpful either, I'll admit.
In any event, I'm positively impressed that the foundation for your efforts seems to be a respectful management of various differing viewpoints, and appreciate your starting the site on that premise since it's one of my personal aspirations to be better balanced overall. I think this is an especially important aspiration during times such as this, when all the headlines leave us with headaches and the wind is making kindling out of the front yard.
I've many friends posting on PC and don't want to make a choice, but an addition (Facebook is a little over my head, especially lately). I'm gratified at the welcome that other mods and former mods have received here! In exchange, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm "snooping" as I read was suspected by some posters, and that was why I volunteered that I'm not able to access the private pages nor add to them in any way. As I said, the thing that impressed me the most was the depth of feeling some people had about their PC experience so I didn't want to add to their concerns.
In candor, I will also add for the sake of that "balance thing" that I think at some point, the sponsors of this site will have to cross the same bridges as those faced on PC, and then there will (it's hoped) be a healing within the community about some of the concerns raised.

:goodpost: Thanks for your candor and welcome!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

24 May 2010 20:31 #115 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic New Users
They have (so far) welcomed me, so obviously it is inclusive! :wink:

Welcome to all!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 May 2010 20:37 #116 by pchistory
Replied by pchistory on topic New Users
Thanks for the warm welcome. :Whistle

24 May 2010 20:39 #117 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic New Users
:grouphug:

pchistory wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome. :Whistle

Welcome PC!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

24 May 2010 21:01 #118 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic New Users

pchistory wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome. :Whistle

Alright, I am going to do it. I am going to let bygones be bygones and extend the olive branch. Welcome pchistory. I do think you will enjoy this site. As was stated numerous times earlier, everyone deserves a second chance and a clean slate once in a while. :thumbsup:

24 May 2010 21:03 #119 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic New Users
I hope I don't regret that tomorrow when the Scotch wears off! :shots: :thedrink: :Drunk: ..........

24 May 2010 21:05 #120 by pchistory
Replied by pchistory on topic New Users
And you call ME disingenuous. rofllol

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds