New Users

23 May 2010 18:56 #61 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic New Users
And I just have to point this out. I am amazed at how oblivious some of the Mods on other sites were to how despised they are for their actions. And it is not because of who they were or just because they were Mods, as I did have a great deal of respect for many of the Mods throughout the years. It was because of how unfairly they treated people, and how they treated grown adults like children on certains sites. And it because so obvious to most of us that it became almost a power trip high to be able to control people instead of work with them. I think I know the people who started this site well enough to know that they will not allow themselves or whoever helps with the site to go down that path. They won't allow the Mods to overrun and control the organizers of this site and damage thier reputation beyond repair like other sites have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2010 19:07 - 23 May 2010 19:10 #62 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic New Users
Just need to clarify something. We had a user change their nic to the same as a PC moderator. They are not that moderator and that had nothing to do with anyone from PC doing anything inappropriate. We were just making sure that the Facebook issues didn't happen here too. As some have seen on PC there have been issues with impersonators on FB. We wanted to make clear that moderator names from other sites should not be used as a user name unless they wanted to use those names. We don't want any confusion. In this case, the name was changed after they were activated or we would have caught it then. If anyone wants to use their nic from another site that is great. We just will make sure that they really are who they say they are (if mod names are used) so that there is no impersonating of members from either site.

The issue has been resolved and we extended invitations to the other site to join us.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

23 May 2010 19:10 #63 by RY
Replied by RY on topic New Users
That's all good to hear and I am glad to see some familiar names/faces. Also just found the FB site that's associated with this one, great idea. Wasn't Wayne the original founder of PC? I moved here in 1995 and a few years after that discovered PC, I loved it but it changed so much that I didn't even participate much anymore, so again , I am glad there is this alternative plus facebook which I am a big fan of :) .

23 May 2010 19:43 #64 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic New Users

The Viking wrote: And I just have to point this out. I am amazed at how oblivious some of the Mods on other sites were to how despised they are for their actions. And it is not because of who they were or just because they were Mods, as I did have a great deal of respect for many of the Mods throughout the years. It was because of how unfairly they treated people, and how they treated grown adults like children on certains sites. And it because so obvious to most of us that it became almost a power trip high to be able to control people instead of work with them. I think I know the people who started this site well enough to know that they will not allow themselves or whoever helps with the site to go down that path. They won't allow the Mods to overrun and control the organizers of this site and damage thier reputation beyond repair like other sites have.

I, for one, am thrilled that a mod decided to accept the invitation to check out 285bound. We need as many perspectives as we can get. None of us has all the answers and even if some of us had disagreements in the past,the openness from Robin should be embraced and applauded. I welcome any and all input. It took courage for her to come and join knowing that some may be less than welcoming. I once asked PC to provide an amnesty to banned posters, they said no, we need to be better than that!

23 May 2010 19:44 #65 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic New Users

The Viking wrote: And I just have to point this out. I am amazed at how oblivious some of the Mods on other sites were to how despised they are for their actions. And it is not because of who they were or just because they were Mods, as I did have a great deal of respect for many of the Mods throughout the years. It was because of how unfairly they treated people, and how they treated grown adults like children on certains sites. And it because so obvious to most of us that it became almost a power trip high to be able to control people instead of work with them. I think I know the people who started this site well enough to know that they will not allow themselves or whoever helps with the site to go down that path. They won't allow the Mods to overrun and control the organizers of this site and damage thier reputation beyond repair like other sites have.

:yeahthat:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 May 2010 19:48 #66 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
I just joined to see what all the ruckus is about. Recognize quite a few members from the "other" site and from Face book. Maybe I'll hang around awhile.

23 May 2010 19:51 #67 by CC
Replied by CC on topic New Users
That is one sweet car in your avatar.
Welcome aboard.

23 May 2010 19:55 #68 by Sunshine Girl
Welcome Bootlegger!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 May 2010 19:55 #69 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic New Users

JMC wrote:

I, for one, am thrilled that a mod decided to accept the invitation to check out 285bound. We need as many perspectives as we can get. None of us has all the answers and even if some of us had disagreements in the past,the openness from Robin should be embraced and applauded. I welcome any and all input. It took courage for her to come and join knowing that some may be less than welcoming. I once asked PC to provide an amnesty to banned posters, they said no, we need to be better than that!

And I have heard that from a few people. Most of the Mods and Admin over there would not give a second chance to anyone they banned for no good reason. They had no intention of forgiving anyone for just voicing their opinions, and trying to bring this community back together rather than divide it. They really didn't care what others thought of them. :Whatever: That is why it is difficult but I will try and rise above their behavior and give them a chance to be a part of this great site that you all created. Maybe this will be a good wake up call for them to see what real neighbors and a real community are suppose to function like. Welcome Robin and any other Mods who decide to join this site. :peace: ........... I just threw up in my mouth a little .......

23 May 2010 19:59 #70 by Sunshine Girl
Welcome Robin and any other Mods who decide to join this site. :peace: ........... I just threw up in my mouth a little .......[/quote]

You're killing me tonight Viking. Gotta love it! :thumbsup: lol :wink: :woo hoo:

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds