8 Years Ago -- The Hayman Wildfire

27 Jun 2010 18:50 #41 by Wayne Harrison

Gringa wrote: Wow, that is hard to read.... bringing back bad memories....... that was the scariest time I have ever known living in the mountains. I haven't used the nick Soozee in a while, funny to see me there.

I remember standing on the back deck at the new log building in Pine Jct, next to the Woodside, and watching the propane tanks blow up in Pine Valley Estates.... at the rate it was moving we weren't sure if it would come all the way up the valley and cross the highway or not. I had 3 very close friends lose their houses in this fire.

You sure you're not confusing that with Hi Meadow? The Hayman Fire didn't hit Pine Valley Estates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2010 18:51 #42 by Gringa
I had to go outside and breath after that last chat session, I was crying so hard I couldn't see the screen..... my God.... all I could hear was panic on the scanner with everyone trapped on the ranch, fire everywhere and RFoster comes in - with his dad on the ranch.....

BTW, I heard from RFoster later thanking all of us.... he said he was so thankful to find some information, I hope I passed that on.... I knew I could never be a dispatcher after this day....LOL, it was horrible. We were trying so hard to not tell him how BAD it really was, but giving him information. After reading this, I think we did an OK job.

27 Jun 2010 18:54 #43 by Gringa

JRSK wrote:

Gringa wrote: Wow, that is hard to read.... bringing back bad memories....... that was the scariest time I have ever known living in the mountains. I haven't used the nick Soozee in a while, funny to see me there.

I remember standing on the back deck at the new log building in Pine Jct, next to the Woodside, and watching the propane tanks blow up in Pine Valley Estates.... at the rate it was moving we weren't sure if it would come all the way up the valley and cross the highway or not. I had 3 very close friends lose their houses in this fire.

Gringa, that log building in PJ; Parkview Business Center; is where I watched the Hi Meadow fire. Dennis Ebersbach (SP?), Steve Klein and I watched with worry.... from the upper back deck!! how funny...

Crap, I'm getting old, I think that was HiMeadow fire I am thinking of... I was probably there with you... I probably know you... hahahah

27 Jun 2010 18:56 #44 by pinedust
:sadKeenex: Boy, that was a tough one, Becky, listening to the scanner that afternoon and evening came right back to me.
Hi, Soozee! I know, Gringa, but you will always be Soozee to me.

27 Jun 2010 18:56 #45 by Gringa

Wayne Harrison wrote:

You sure you're not confusing that with Hi Meadow? The Hayman Fire didn't hit Pine Valley Estates.

Yeah... too many fires....

27 Jun 2010 18:57 #46 by Gringa

pinedust wrote: :sadKeenex: Boy, that was a tough one, Becky, listening to the scanner that afternoon and evening came right back to me.
Hi, Soozee! I know, Gringa, but you will always be Soozee to me.

And you will always be "Dusty" to me......

I miss you and Choco.... some times we have had, eh?

27 Jun 2010 18:59 - 27 Jun 2010 19:00 #47 by CC
Wayne,
Thanks for that photo.
It does give a good visual to what we were hearing that late afternoon and into the evening.

After this fire.....I got on a plane with a total stranger and went to Mexico and had the most amazing time with someone who has now become a dear friend.
Thanks Soozee/Gringa for all of the memories.

27 Jun 2010 18:59 #48 by Wayne Harrison

Gringa wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote:

Yeah... too many fires....

Happens to me, too.

27 Jun 2010 19:01 #49 by JRSK

Gringa wrote:

JRSK wrote:

Gringa, that log building in PJ; Parkview Business Center; is where I watched the Hi Meadow fire. Dennis Ebersbach (SP?), Steve Klein and I watched with worry.... from the upper back deck!! how funny...

Crap, I'm getting old, I think that was HiMeadow fire I am thinking of... I was probably there with you... I probably know you... hahahah

Did you know Dennis and Jeannie? I had my business in that building..

27 Jun 2010 19:03 #50 by CC
We knew them. Very sad about Dennis.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds