8 Years Ago -- The Hayman Wildfire

27 Jun 2010 19:06 #51 by JRSK

Becky wrote: We knew them. Very sad about Dennis.

He was a great guy... He refused to leave his house during the snaking fire.. They (FD) cut his power and all..I though for sure he was going to be dragged off the jail!! LOL..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2010 19:06 #52 by Gringa

Becky wrote: Wayne,
Thanks for that photo.
It does give a good visual to what we were hearing that late afternoon and into the evening.

After this fire.....I got on a plane with a total stranger and went to Mexico and had the most amazing time with someone who has now become a dear friend.
Thanks Soozee/Gringa for all of the memories.

Yeah, your welcome, Becky.... we had some fun. Thank you, too, Becky.

27 Jun 2010 19:09 #53 by Gringa

JRSK wrote:

Gringa wrote:

JRSK wrote:

Gringa wrote: Wow, that is hard to read.... bringing back bad memories....... that was the scariest time I have ever known living in the mountains. I haven't used the nick Soozee in a while, funny to see me there.

I remember standing on the back deck at the new log building in Pine Jct, next to the Woodside, and watching the propane tanks blow up in Pine Valley Estates.... at the rate it was moving we weren't sure if it would come all the way up the valley and cross the highway or not. I had 3 very close friends lose their houses in this fire.

Gringa, that log building in PJ; Parkview Business Center; is where I watched the Hi Meadow fire. Dennis Ebersbach (SP?), Steve Klein and I watched with worry.... from the upper back deck!! how funny...

Crap, I'm getting old, I think that was HiMeadow fire I am thinking of... I was probably there with you... I probably know you... hahahah

Did you know Dennis and Jeannie? I had my business in that building..

Yeah, I knew Dennis well... Rest in peace. And Jeannie, of course, but not as well. And Steve Klein. I am not sure who you are, but I use to be in that building alot.

27 Jun 2010 19:12 #54 by chocolove
and you will always be soozee to me as well! We miss you too! When are you coming back for a visit? We should all get together!

27 Jun 2010 19:16 #55 by Gringa

chocolove wrote: and you will always be soozee to me as well! We miss you too! When are you coming back for a visit? We should all get together!

I'd really like that.... I am not sure when I will be there next. Was just there in May for my youngest son's graduation from college. I hope to come soon, though...need a break from the humidity. LOL

And if you need a vacation, I would love for you to come see me! Might want to wait until November unless you looooove humidity.... hahahaha

27 Jun 2010 19:18 #56 by CC
Hey....it's not so bad if you stay by the ocean!

27 Jun 2010 19:23 #57 by Gringa

Becky wrote: Hey....it's not so bad if you stay by the ocean!

IN the ocean! It's only 75% humdity this week, it will get worse and I am already melting. Today wasn't so bad because it only got up to 86 degrees. I notice it changes hugely when it hits 90. Thank god about 94 is as hot as it gets here and only for a few weeks.

27 Jun 2010 19:41 - 27 Jun 2010 19:42 #58 by chocolove
I love snorkeling the ocean in Mexico except for the stinging sticks (long story) but I mean jelly fish! Have to get passports for dusty and I again but that would be a lot of fun! I haven't been to Mexico in a long time and I of course don't know it that well and Spanish in high school was so popular I couldn't get in so my Spanish is very iffy...according to my sister I actually agreed to sleep with one of the maintenance/security guys at club med one year...so he said to her but I don't remember it quite that way!!! LOL

27 Jun 2010 19:42 #59 by JRSK

Gringa wrote:

JRSK wrote:

Gringa wrote:

JRSK wrote:

Gringa wrote: Wow, that is hard to read.... bringing back bad memories....... that was the scariest time I have ever known living in the mountains. I haven't used the nick Soozee in a while, funny to see me there.

I remember standing on the back deck at the new log building in Pine Jct, next to the Woodside, and watching the propane tanks blow up in Pine Valley Estates.... at the rate it was moving we weren't sure if it would come all the way up the valley and cross the highway or not. I had 3 very close friends lose their houses in this fire.

Gringa, that log building in PJ; Parkview Business Center; is where I watched the Hi Meadow fire. Dennis Ebersbach (SP?), Steve Klein and I watched with worry.... from the upper back deck!! how funny...

Crap, I'm getting old, I think that was HiMeadow fire I am thinking of... I was probably there with you... I probably know you... hahahah

Did you know Dennis and Jeannie? I had my business in that building..

Yeah, I knew Dennis well... Rest in peace. And Jeannie, of course, but not as well. And Steve Klein. I am not sure who you are, but I use to be in that building alot.

I ran the American Family agency out of their building for several years.. The first and only time I ever wore a broncos swearshirt was a Dennis' services.. he always gave me his season tickets when the Packers came to town..

27 Jun 2010 19:47 #60 by Gringa
Renee, is that you?

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds