It's time for a traffic rant.

05 Dec 2011 09:57 #41 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Nobody that matters wrote: Some people need to go fast. I don't know why, and it's not my place to tell them 'no'. I just get out of their way. I never notice if they're the ones spun out in the ditch - I really don't care. Speed on, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Some people need to go really slow. They are consumed by fear, and need lots of room to manuver or you'll startle them and send them spinning in a ditch. Give them room, and don't cut in front of them. Let them wallow in their panic. If you're one of these drivers, feel free to run your hazard lights while you drive - it lets the rest of us know you're nearly paralyzed helpless with fear and to avoid you.

Some people get that the secret to getting everyone through the snow and safely to their destination is similar speeds, no sudden moves, turn signal use, limited braking, and lots of room between vehicles. Relax - you'll react better in emergencies. It'll take a little longer to get where you're going - why fight it? If it's important enough to go out in the snow for, it's important enough to be a little late but arrive safe and sound.

The secret is to avoid extremes - don't go too fast, don't go too slow. Don't make sudden lane changes, but don't take three miles to change lanes either. Don't brake hard, and don't ride the brake pedal just to let the people behind you know that someday, you might slow down.

Those people getting and giving the headlight flashes, horn honks, and fingers are in the extremes. It means you're doing it wrong. I haven't had any of that happen to me, nor felt the need to do it to anyone else in years.

Exactly.
I will start turning my hazards on....... lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2011 09:58 #42 by CC

Martin Ent Inc wrote: I try to go as fat as I can, fishtail into turns and try to have as much fun as I can.

http://www.westword.com/slideshow/our-g ... do-219997/

Everyone should try it.

I do that at my mailbox.

05 Dec 2011 10:00 #43 by Nobody that matters

Becky wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: I try to go as fat as I can, fishtail into turns and try to have as much fun as I can.

http://www.westword.com/slideshow/our-g ... do-219997/

Everyone should try it.

I do that at my mailbox.

You either need to learn to drive better, or get a better equipped vehicle...

or both. :thumbsup:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Dec 2011 10:02 #44 by Martin Ent Inc
Ya gotta see Becky drive,,, LOL

05 Dec 2011 10:07 #45 by CC
I think it has to do with being a Texan at heart.

I do need new tires but the basic equipment is a tank in the snow.
I am pretty middle of the road on driving.
My skills are OK but not as good as say my husband's who spent years driving in Green Bay. (How about those Packers)
I drive in the slow lane and stay about 5 miles under the speed limit. I am comfortable there.
The point here is that none of us has the right to dictate how others drive.
Modeling courtesy on the road is a choice and we all benefit from it.
My company name and number are on my vehicle. You can actually call me and tell me what a bonehead I am when I tick you off on the road.

05 Dec 2011 10:07 #46 by CC

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Ya gotta see Becky drive,,, LOL

I only tailgate you cause it is fun. LOL

05 Dec 2011 10:10 #47 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote: Are you being serious? She said people were passing on the right and she couldn't move over. Why would someone even be in the left lane driving slow in the first place. And if you put a blinker on, people will MORE than want to let you move over. And SC get off your high horse! I post a legitimate post and you call it a rant. I never once used CG's name. I was using generic examples. Why don't YOU read the posts??

She wasn't on the highway, she was on a large city street trying to decide if she wanted to turn into Target that was coming up on the left. You may have been talking generically, but you went from assumptions about the situation that CG was talking about and it seemed like you were going off on her, my apologies if it seemed like I was going off back, it's not how I meant it, I just wanted to clarify what the situation was with my friend. She's not one of those jerk drivers out there, and yes, she can defend herself, but I saw that there was an assumption being made about her situation and I wanted to rectify that is all.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Dec 2011 10:20 #48 by CC

Science Chic wrote:

The Viking wrote: Are you being serious? She said people were passing on the right and she couldn't move over. Why would someone even be in the left lane driving slow in the first place. And if you put a blinker on, people will MORE than want to let you move over. And SC get off your high horse! I post a legitimate post and you call it a rant. I never once used CG's name. I was using generic examples. Why don't YOU read the posts??

She wasn't on the highway, she was on a large city street trying to decide if she wanted to turn into Target that was coming up on the left. You may have been talking generically, but you went from assumptions about the situation that CG was talking about and it seemed like you were going off on her, my apologies if it seemed like I was going off back, it's not how I meant it, I just wanted to clarify what the situation was with my friend. She's not one of those jerk drivers out there, and yes, she can defend herself, but I saw that there was an assumption being made about her situation and I wanted to rectify that is all.

Maybe she should have turned into the parking lot until she made her final decision rather than to continue on blocking the fast lane.
That is why I shop online this time of year.

05 Dec 2011 10:23 #49 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Your have a right to your opinion but the great thing about this site is that you will also be required to defend it.
I think we should think of some award for you for starting this site so that we can quit being reminded of it every time you are challenged here.

That was not my point. I am not going to defend myself further.

Here you go, this is exactly why Pinecam would not allow traffic thread on their site. Because they didn't want fighting. This site knows how to deal with some controversy.

Attack me all you want. You have the right. You know little about me and I about you. If something is posted about me that is incorrect I may choose to straighten it out with the truth but otherwise, knock yourself out Becky. I can deal with it. Most of the comments you seem to have are on incomplete information or hearsay from what I can tell.All I was doing in this instance was telling you why your opinion about me thinking people in the 285 corridor are buttheads was untrue.

05 Dec 2011 10:23 #50 by Nobody that matters
There is no 'fast lane' in town. That only applies on the highway. If you think 285 has a fast lane in town between Federal and I-25, you're wrong.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds