It's time for a traffic rant.

05 Dec 2011 10:24 #51 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Your have a right to your opinion but the great thing about this site is that you will also be required to defend it.
I think we should think of some award for you for starting this site so that we can quit being reminded of it every time you are challenged here.

That was not my point. I am not going to defend myself further.

Here you go, this is exactly why Pinecam would not allow traffic thread on their site. Because they didn't want fighting. This site knows how to deal with some controversy.

Attack me all you want. You have the right. You know little about me and I about you. If something is posted about me that is incorrect I may choose to straighten it out with the truth but otherwise, knock yourself out Becky. I can deal with it. Most of the comments you seem to have are on incomplete information or hearsay from what I can tell. All I was doing in this instance was telling you why your opinion about me thinking people in the 285 corridor are buttheads was untrue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2011 10:29 #52 by CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Your have a right to your opinion but the great thing about this site is that you will also be required to defend it.
I think we should think of some award for you for starting this site so that we can quit being reminded of it every time you are challenged here.

That was not my point. I am not going to defend myself further.

Here you go, this is exactly why Pinecam would not allow traffic thread on their site. Because they didn't want fighting. This site knows how to deal with some controversy.

Attack me all you want. You have the right. You know little about me and I about you. If something is posted about me that is incorrect I may choose to straighten it out with the truth but otherwise, knock yourself out Becky. I can deal with it. Most of the comments you seem to have are on incomplete information or hearsay from what I can tell. All I was doing in this instance was telling you why your opinion about me thinking people in the 285 corridor are buttheads was untrue.

I will tell you what there is a fast lane on Buckley Road. IT is forty and straight as an arrow and people go 50 or more and the limit is 40. During that storm last week there were numerous accidents and cars going through the fences into yards.

05 Dec 2011 10:30 #53 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote:

The Viking wrote: Are you being serious? She said people were passing on the right and she couldn't move over. Why would someone even be in the left lane driving slow in the first place. And if you put a blinker on, people will MORE than want to let you move over. And SC get off your high horse! I post a legitimate post and you call it a rant. I never once used CG's name. I was using generic examples. Why don't YOU read the posts??

She wasn't on the highway, she was on a large city street trying to decide if she wanted to turn into Target that was coming up on the left. You may have been talking generically, but you went from assumptions about the situation that CG was talking about and it seemed like you were going off on her, my apologies if it seemed like I was going off back, it's not how I meant it, I just wanted to clarify what the situation was with my friend. She's not one of those jerk drivers out there, and yes, she can defend herself, but I saw that there was an assumption being made about her situation and I wanted to rectify that is all.

Where on her post did it talk about turning into Target or that it was in town. Did I miss that?

05 Dec 2011 10:32 #54 by Nobody that matters

The Viking wrote:
Where on her post did it talk about turning into Target or that it was in town. Did I miss that?

It was implied.

:biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Dec 2011 10:34 #55 by CinnamonGirl

The point here is that none of us has the right to dictate how others drive.

Here is a question. The people who tend to drive slower feel that the tailgaters are trying to dictate how people drive and the 'faster" drivers feel that the "slower" drivers are dictating how they drive by getting in their way. I personally feel that if the drivers would have let me over instead of whipping around to the right I would have been out of their way. Since they did not let me over it was their fault that I was in their way. And just so you know I ended up in that lane because of the turn lane I was in. My intention was to get over as soon as possible and in snow things happen. It is not perfect.

05 Dec 2011 10:35 #56 by CinnamonGirl

Nobody that matters wrote:

The Viking wrote:

It was implied.

:biggrin:

SC knew because I had talked to her. I didn't mention it originally.

05 Dec 2011 10:37 #57 by Hoot Owl
CG lives in town, if you did not know that, now you do. We all post from our own reality, sometimes it is difficult to recognize that everyone is not sitting in the same room as you are.

General Rules
Turn your headlights on, drive at the speed you are comfortable with. If you need to turn your hazard lights on, you are to scared to be driving, go home. How hard is that? Also, if you have to put it in 4wd low, you are already in over your head, go home.

05 Dec 2011 10:39 #58 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
"I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!"....Happy now?

05 Dec 2011 10:42 #59 by Nobody that matters

Hoot Owl wrote: CG lives in town, if you did not know that, now you do. We all post from our own reality, sometimes it is difficult to recognize that everyone is not sitting in the same room as you are.

General Rules
Turn your headlights on, drive at the speed you are comfortable with. If you need to turn your hazard lights on, you are to scared to be driving, go home. How hard is that? Also, if you have to put it in 4wd low, you are already in over your head, go home.

:yeahthat:

If someone's trying to tackle snow and ice in 4 low, They're too stupid to own a real transfer case.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Dec 2011 10:45 #60 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
OK....Let me see if I follow this.
She turns from the left turn lane into the left lane so that she can think about whether or not she wants to turn left into Target. At some point she decides she does not and is still in the left lane trying to decide if she wants to change lanes and is upset because other drivers are continuing in the right lane and somehow could not read her mind and understand that she really wanted to be in the right lane after all.
Do I have the situation clear now?

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds