It's time for a traffic rant.

05 Dec 2011 11:10 #71 by Nobody that matters

chickaree wrote: CG, haters gonna hate. The rest of us know that stuff happens especially in bad weather and that mean people make life harder for the rest of us. I'd have let you in. :wink:

If she had her hazards on, I'd have given her plenty of clearance. Kinda like walking straight towards someone that's crosseyed - you're not sure which way their gonna go, so you let them make the first move :)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2011 11:12 #72 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
And I would have let her in also. I am not hating......I just think the rant was lacking some merit as there was some responsibility for the situation by the ranter.

05 Dec 2011 11:17 #73 by Photo-fish
Nobody can make you go faster than you want to. Not even the Jeffco cops that tailgate you on weekend evenings. I feel for you CG. I have started to think that they no longer teach courtesy in drivers Ed. Or quite possibly they have stopped making cars with turn signals because so many people fail to use them or understand what they really mean.

I am a fairly aggressive driver, but when traffic allows I will almost always let somebody pass or merge ahead of me if they need to. But please get off my a$$! I am not going any faster than I feel safe to do so. You can pass me when it is safe to do so (I might slow down or move farther over to allow it when possible) but someone driving up my tailpipe on a bad road is gonna get a break check. If you want in, signal your intentions, but remember that some are just not gonna let you in and you might have to wait.

I am at home sick today but I still had to drive to and from Evergreen at 6:00 this morning to fix a computer problem. There were no visible lines on the highway to tell which lane you are in. I just knew from 11 years of driving up here. I'm driving the ruts most of the time just to keep my tires on what looks like pavement. Once in a while a divider line shows up and you become aware of where you are in the ROW. Now I am going 45 MPH which IMO is pretty good for 285 packed snow & ice. I don't understand why the dude in the big white pick-up needed to tailgait me when I knew there was a wide open snow packed left lane as well. I slowed down a bit and this dude got pissed and started flashing. He eventually passed and sped his way up the road at what I thought was an unreasonable speed for the road conditions. 15 minutes later he was only 3 cars ahead of me at the 73/74 intersection in Evergreen. Since there are no passing lanes on 73 into Evg. This guy must have been having a stroke stuck behind the school bus or whatever vehicle he got 'held up' by.

On the way home I had the nerve to slow down let a Jeffco Plow Truck in front of me on 73 to plow and sand me safely to 285.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

05 Dec 2011 11:21 #74 by Photo-fish

chickaree wrote: CG, haters gonna hate.

Yeah that! What is your problem with Green Bay girl? Boring? Did you watch the game yesterday?

Nice picture there Becky. But, no contest on who I would cheer for.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

05 Dec 2011 11:23 #75 by Nobody that matters

Photo-fish wrote: On the way home I had the nerve to slow down let a Jeffco Plow Truck in front of me on 73 to plow and sand me safely to 285.

Next time I've got to repaint a car, I'm gonna use that manuver to strip the paint off the front end and save me a whole bunch of sanding.

:biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Dec 2011 11:26 #76 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
It will be hard for me as our home is here and we love the home team.
Green Bay has such a wonderful franchise and you always want the best for them.

Here is a pic for you......

05 Dec 2011 11:38 #77 by Photo-fish

Becky wrote: It will be hard for me as our home is here and we love the home team.
Green Bay has such a wonderful franchise and you always want the best for them.

Here is a pic for you......

Dont forget stock sales start tomorrow.
http://285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15045

05 Dec 2011 11:40 #78 by Photo-fish

Nobody that matters wrote:

Photo-fish wrote: On the way home I had the nerve to slow down let a Jeffco Plow Truck in front of me on 73 to plow and sand me safely to 285.

Next time I've got to repaint a car, I'm gonna use that manuver to strip the paint off the front end and save me a whole bunch of sanding.

:biggrin:

I was at least 200 feet behind him and he wasn't laying down too much sand. It's the spring storms you have to watch out for the plow trucks. They always spread way to much on the late storms just to get the sand/salt mixes used up.

05 Dec 2011 11:49 #79 by The Viking

chickaree wrote: CG, haters gonna hate. The rest of us know that stuff happens especially in bad weather and that mean people make life harder for the rest of us. I'd have let you in. :wink:

If she had her hazards on, I'd have given her plenty of clearance. Kinda like walking straight towards someone that's crosseyed - you're not sure which way their gonna go, so you let them make the first move :)

:rofl rofllol :lol: That one made me laugh out loud!! :rofl rofllol

05 Dec 2011 11:49 #80 by The Viking

:rofl rofllol :lol: That one made me laugh out loud!! :rofl rofllol

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds