It's time for a traffic rant.

09 Dec 2011 13:02 #161 by Nobody that matters

Becky wrote: So.....I wonder how many times this happens to people?

Probably a fair amount, although I understand that Laser is quickly becoming the speed detection equipment of choice. That'll at least reduce the number of times it happens.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Dec 2011 13:05 #162 by CC
Replied by CC on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
Well....I just think Jeffco did us all a real dis-service by not getting the guy who really deserved a hefty ticket. The difference between the 2 tickets was 150.00 bucks.

10 Dec 2011 11:06 #163 by Cheap Yankee

CinnamonGirl wrote: I know someone that has major issues with BMW and Audi drivers. She swears they are all terribly mean drivers . It is profiling. And I think police tend to watch certain vehicles.

Here's another method of profiling by law enforcement. They'll watch for any reason to pull over a POS vehicle.
(Yes, I'm aware of the socio-economic woes of some. That is not my point. No need to lecture about how some can't afford time or money to maintain their vehicles)

The mindset is if you have something as simple as a head light out, a tail light out, harmless but noticeable body damage or a dangling license plate, it speaks to your level of responsibility. Not taking care of the repair may imply that you wouldn't bother to be insured, have a valid driver's license or show up in court from a previous infraction of the law resulting in a warrant. It's the driver and passengers who are of interest, not the vehicle itself. Drive a POS car and don't expect to have LE look the other way when you roll through a stop sign or go 2MPH over the speed limit.
Yes this theory is flawed and it IS profiling to a degree, but it works. The stop may amount to nothing more than a warning, but it frequently results in an arrest.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds