It's time for a traffic rant.

07 Dec 2011 10:19 #101 by mtnvicky
People who scare me are the ones who are texting while driving. In the last month, I've almost been hit head-on and side swiped by texters !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2011 10:39 #102 by ComputerBreath
Viking: I've had people following me and using me as their speedometer on a multi-lane road when I'm in the "slow" lane or if a 3-lane road in the middle lane and there is no one for miles in the other lane or lanes... I guess they think if we're speeding, the cop is gonna get me 'cuz I'm in front of them.

07 Dec 2011 10:56 #103 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

The Viking wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

The Viking wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: I think you can tell alot about people by how they drive.

I agree. I have always felt that those who drive in the fast left lane tapping their brakes trying to slow others down rather than moving over to the slower right lane to let others pass and drie at whatever speed they want, are very controlling inconsiderate people who think that the world should revolve around them and people should live and act as they think they should as THEIR definition of right. It is very easy to read people like that and you know that is what they are like in person.

Yes, to get in the left lane and delibertly try to slow drivers would be very controlling. However how do you know what intentions are?

If the right lane is open and they refuse to move over or if they stay right next to anothr vehicle driving well under the speed limit and keep hitting their brakes to slow you down then I know their intentions. They feel they have a right to try and control the way other people drive, which is the leading cause of road rage. Anyone in the left lane who hits their brakes to try to slow others down when they could just have common road courtesy and move over, should be rear ended and pushed into the ditch because that seems like what they want when they hit their brakes trying to cause an accident. Those people are the most danderous drivers on the road by far. Those driving fast rarely are trying to tell others how fast or slow to drive. And how do you know they did not have a dead battery or flat tire and are running late to their only chance at a job interview or a family member just got taken to the hospital. How DARE those slow ignorant sefish a-hole drivers hit theri brakes to try and dictate how fast others should drive. They have NO IDEA why they are going faster or what their story is. MOVE THE HELL OVER SLOW DRIVERS!! And you brake check me, I may just give you your wish and push you off the road. And I WILL call you in on the aggressive driver line!

Just so you know that is NOT what I was doing. And to deliberately run someone off the road is wrong no matter what. That is emotion all the way.

07 Dec 2011 10:59 #104 by The Viking

ComputerBreath wrote: Viking: I've had people following me and using me as their speedometer on a multi-lane road when I'm in the "slow" lane or if a 3-lane road in the middle lane and there is no one for miles in the other lane or lanes... I guess they think if we're speeding, the cop is gonna get me 'cuz I'm in front of them.

In that case I would slow down to about 20-30 and see if they feel like tailgating and driving that slow. They will tire fast and pass. Those people are ignorant if you aren't in the fast lane and they can pass. And I never even give the satisfaction of looking at ignorant drivers, either slow or fast because that is what they want. They are looking for a reation from you and then they win.

07 Dec 2011 11:04 #105 by BearMtnHIB
I think we all have to be aware that there are different drivers with different capabilities on the road. Some people are older- dosn't mean they are too old to be driving. Some people have sight problems- but can still see well enough to meet the minimum standard for driving. Some people still have rear wheel drive vehicles.

I tend to drive a few miles over the limit when driving conditions are good- and I drive well under the limit when conditions are bad. I don't have a choice if I'm out there in bad weather- believe me I'd rather not be out on the road at all in a blizzard.

Too many people drive way too fast in bad weather - I can see how many people ditched that physics class in high school every time it snows.

Through sheer luck - many of you idiots are still alive. When you do lose control of your vehicle on 285- you're probably going to kill somebody else in addition to yourself. I don't know if you notice- but 285 this morning was black ice- 60 mph through the luge area is way too fast.

I'm not a newbie- more than 30 years driving up here- the only accidents I've been in were in bad conditions- and someone else lost control of their vehicle and wreked into me- once it was a head on collision.

My mother is in her 70's- she is a great driver but is no longer a speed racer. She's the one in the slow lane doing the speed limit. She stay's off the roads in bad weather- but sometimes gets caught in it- driving her grandkids to school or to a doctor's appointment. If you hit her because of your arrogance or road rage and hurt or kill her- you better be absolutely certain that your life insurance is fully paid up.

Your next of kin will need to make a full claim about 1 minute after I catch up with you.

07 Dec 2011 11:09 #106 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote:

The Viking wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

The Viking wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: I think you can tell alot about people by how they drive.

I agree. I have always felt that those who drive in the fast left lane tapping their brakes trying to slow others down rather than moving over to the slower right lane to let others pass and drie at whatever speed they want, are very controlling inconsiderate people who think that the world should revolve around them and people should live and act as they think they should as THEIR definition of right. It is very easy to read people like that and you know that is what they are like in person.

Yes, to get in the left lane and delibertly try to slow drivers would be very controlling. However how do you know what intentions are?

If the right lane is open and they refuse to move over or if they stay right next to anothr vehicle driving well under the speed limit and keep hitting their brakes to slow you down then I know their intentions. They feel they have a right to try and control the way other people drive, which is the leading cause of road rage. Anyone in the left lane who hits their brakes to try to slow others down when they could just have common road courtesy and move over, should be rear ended and pushed into the ditch because that seems like what they want when they hit their brakes trying to cause an accident. Those people are the most danderous drivers on the road by far. Those driving fast rarely are trying to tell others how fast or slow to drive. And how do you know they did not have a dead battery or flat tire and are running late to their only chance at a job interview or a family member just got taken to the hospital. How DARE those slow ignorant sefish a-hole drivers hit theri brakes to try and dictate how fast others should drive. They have NO IDEA why they are going faster or what their story is. MOVE THE HELL OVER SLOW DRIVERS!! And you brake check me, I may just give you your wish and push you off the road. And I WILL call you in on the aggressive driver line!

Just so you know that is NOT what I was doing. And to deliberately run someone off the road is wrong no matter what. That is emotion all the way.

Ummm..... using a 2000 pound vehicle as a weapon against me is emotional and a threat when they hit their brakes at any speed trying to cause you to have an accident. So if people are threatening me with a 2000 pound vehicle then I have to defend myself. Those are very dangerous aggresive people who hit their brakes on people trying to cause accidents.

07 Dec 2011 11:29 #107 by CinnamonGirl
That is like shooting someone in the back. You are BEHIND them how are they pushing YOU off the road? Not that they are driving correctly but sorry Viking you are the one threatening another vehicle in this situation.

07 Dec 2011 11:52 #108 by Martin Ent Inc
They will ticket you for tapping your brakes so to say.
And have an associate that did 3 years for bump drafting someone off the road.

07 Dec 2011 13:32 #109 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

CinnamonGirl wrote: So, ice all over and I am in the fast lane. I do not want to be in that lane but I can't get in the right lane because all the 'fast' drivers are passing on the right and just won't let me move over and they all are honking at me. I couldn't get over. I don't know why fast drivers always get the right of way and dictate how we all drive.

Okay off my soap box.

You know CG..We wouldn't honk or swerve our cars violently at you while passing if we just knew you were sorry about it. Its the traveling road blocks that insisist on slowing everybody else down that piss us off..Not the little darling that gets stuck in the left lane...Communication is the key-Next time, when they pass give a "im so sorry" look and hand gestures to defuse the situation.

07 Dec 2011 15:08 #110 by CinnamonGirl

BEARS wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: So, ice all over and I am in the fast lane. I do not want to be in that lane but I can't get in the right lane because all the 'fast' drivers are passing on the right and just won't let me move over and they all are honking at me. I couldn't get over. I don't know why fast drivers always get the right of way and dictate how we all drive.

Okay off my soap box.

You know CG..We wouldn't honk or swerve our cars violently at you while passing if we just knew you were sorry about it. Its the traveling road blocks that insisist on slowing everybody else down that piss us off..Not the little darling that gets stuck in the left lane...Communication is the key-Next time, when they pass give a "im so sorry" look and hand gestures to defuse the situation.

People like that don't care.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds