It's time for a traffic rant.

07 Dec 2011 07:50 #91 by Nobody that matters

CinnamonGirl wrote: Driving in traffic is a pretty emotional thing for some.

Those are the dangerous drivers.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2011 08:28 #92 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
I think you can tell alot about people by how they drive.

07 Dec 2011 09:14 #93 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.
I've always believed that folks should have to get a motorcycle license before they can get a drivers license. If they survive being on the streets on a bike for a few years then they can drive a car...

07 Dec 2011 09:32 #94 by Martin Ent Inc

cydl wrote: I've always believed that folks should have to get a motorcycle license before they can get a drivers license. If they survive being on the streets on a bike for a few years then they can drive a car...

And they will give anyone a MC license I witnessed a youngun getting one that stalled the bike kept his feet down nocked over about 1/2 the cones, and the tester said congrats come on in and lets get your license. DOH, hope he made it home.

07 Dec 2011 09:33 #95 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: I think you can tell alot about people by how they drive.

I agree. I have always felt that those who drive in the fast left lane tapping their brakes trying to slow others down rather than moving over to the slower right lane to let others pass and drie at whatever speed they want, are very controlling inconsiderate people who think that the world should revolve around them and people should live and act as they think they should as THEIR definition of right. It is very easy to read people like that and you know that is what they are like in person.

07 Dec 2011 09:40 #96 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

cydl wrote: I've always believed that folks should have to get a motorcycle license before they can get a drivers license. If they survive being on the streets on a bike for a few years then they can drive a car...

And they will give anyone a MC license I witnessed a youngun getting one that stalled the bike kept his feet down nocked over about 1/2 the cones, and the tester said congrats come on in and lets get your license. DOH, hope he made it home.

Scary stuff! I was a Rider's Ed Instructor for several years. Had a guy and his wife in class once. The guy "didn't need to be here - just here for the wife". He had been riding "all his life". She wanted to get her own bike. And I could see why. :VeryScared: After blowing a very simple low-speed u-turn exercise on our little 250cc trainer bikes repeatedly he said to me "This would be a lot easier on my softail!". Yup! In the bar parking lot after a few beers. Good luck with that! rofllol

07 Dec 2011 09:50 #97 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It's time for a traffic rant.

The Viking wrote:

I agree. I have always felt that those who drive in the fast left lane tapping their brakes trying to slow others down rather than moving over to the slower right lane to let others pass and drie at whatever speed they want, are very controlling inconsiderate people who think that the world should revolve around them and people should live and act as they think they should as THEIR definition of right. It is very easy to read people like that and you know that is what they are like in person.

Yes, to get in the left lane and delibertly try to slow drivers would be very controlling. However how do you know what intentions are?

07 Dec 2011 09:55 #98 by ComputerBreath
I really hate those that tail-gate or follow too close behind, then when you slow down, they slow down and don't pass, but when you speed up they, too, speed up. I'll turn into some place I'm not going just to get them out from behind me.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

07 Dec 2011 10:02 #99 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Yes, to get in the left lane and delibertly try to slow drivers would be very controlling. However how do you know what intentions are?

If the right lane is open and they refuse to move over or if they stay right next to anothr vehicle driving well under the speed limit and keep hitting their brakes to slow you down then I know their intentions. They feel they have a right to try and control the way other people drive, which is the leading cause of road rage. Anyone in the left lane who hits their brakes to try to slow others down when they could just have common road courtesy and move over, should be rear ended and pushed into the ditch because that seems like what they want when they hit their brakes trying to cause an accident. Those people are the most danderous drivers on the road by far. Those driving fast rarely are trying to tell others how fast or slow to drive. And how do you know they did not have a dead battery or flat tire and are running late to their only chance at a job interview or a family member just got taken to the hospital. How DARE those slow ignorant sefish a-hole drivers hit theri brakes to try and dictate how fast others should drive. They have NO IDEA why they are going faster or what their story is. MOVE THE HELL OVER SLOW DRIVERS!! And you brake check me, I may just give you your wish and push you off the road. And I WILL call you in on the aggressive driver line!

07 Dec 2011 10:05 - 07 Dec 2011 11:03 #100 by The Viking

ComputerBreath wrote: I really hate those that tail-gate or follow too close behind, then when you slow down, they slow down and don't pass, but when you speed up they, too, speed up. I'll turn into some place I'm not going just to get them out from behind me.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

On a two lane road I agree. People should not tailgate. But if there are 4 lanes and you can move over into the right lane, just do it and drive whatever speed you like and let them pass. Then there is no tailgating.

And conversely, I can't stand the arrogant drivers who drive slow in the left lane hitting their brakes and slowing down and then when you go to pass them on the right, they speed up till they get to the next car and won't let you pass, then they slow down again. They need their license taken away.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds